ODFL | Top pay

OK so you don't get the vacation 'til your anniversary, do you get 'til your next anniversary to use it? If you don't use it you lose it right? Also the guy that did my orientation said that you topped out with 4 weeks after like 18 years or something like that. Is that correct?

Vacation you got to use prior to anniversary., personal days can be saved, unless the personal days has changed. Glad our vacation is actually available at anniversary, instead of fallowing Jan like certain outfits. Hire on in Jan. go almost 2 years before eligible. Yes, that happened to me at a former employer. Hired on in Mar. 22 months until able to use/get vacation.

Yes, line haul personal days. 2 at anniversary with vacation.
Now, you receive 2 personal/sick days per, does your outfit also give you a 'bad boy" letter if you use them. Some oufit(no names please,) will give a reprimand if you take a day ,you'll get the same reprimand if you take 2 days in a row.sooooo, 2 days at atime it is AH's.

No, if something scheduled ahead of time, EX: travel to a graduation, or fathers cancer surgery, or if unexpected event arises, EX. collapsed sewer line. Or had to road trip to retrieve a friends car broke down 400 miles away. Instances which I've used in last couple years. NEVER heard of a person getting a reprimand, we have even scrambled to cover runs for last minute life events. Get a heads up call, (come in a little earlier or later) or had run changed when getting to hub. Like, it's come up many times, its attitude of employee/management relations that makes OD great to work for.
Now, you receive 2 personal/sick days per, does your outfit also give you a 'bad boy" letter if you use them. Some oufit(no names please,) will give a reprimand if you take a day ,you'll get the same reprimand if you take 2 days in a row.sooooo, 2 days at atime it is AH's.

Last edited by a moderator:
They way it is here is you need to call off 2 hrs before your start time. As long as you have days to burn its no big deal. If you don't have any days you can be written up. Ring Ring....yes I'm not going to make it in today......ok thanks hope everything is ok. No one asks what's wrong, or why, or now we are screwed.No ones asking for a doctors note. I've called off maybe 5 times in 10 years. Calling off is not a big problem here, so they understand things do come up. When I come in the next day all they ask is if everything is ok. I say yes and that's it.

They way it is here is you need to call off 2 hrs before your start time. As long as you have days to burn its no big deal. If you don't have any days you can be written up. Ring Ring....yes I'm not going to make it in today......ok thanks hope everything is ok. No one asks what's wrong, or why, or now we are screwed.No ones asking for a doctors note. I've called off maybe 5 times in 10 years. Calling off is not a big problem here, so they understand things do come up. When I come in the next day all they ask is if everything is ok. I say yes and that's it.

That sounds nice, sounds like you guys have a good company, I am jealous.

I applied in Cincinnati 2 weeks ago. I called last week and they said they're doing interviews that week. No call so I guess it's a "not interested"

I applied in Cincinnati 2 weeks ago. I called last week and they said they're doing interviews that week. No call so I guess it's a "not interested"

I hit the like by mistake.......Call them back and talk to someone or go back to the terminal IF you're interested.No telling how many apps they have.I filled out apps 3 times before I got hired for the dock and 30 years later I retired.

I hit the like by mistake.......Call them back and talk to someone or go back to the terminal IF you're interested.No telling how many apps they have.I filled out apps 3 times before I got hired for the dock and 30 years later I retired.

OK, will do.
I thought I had a decent shot.
They're hiring quite a bit.
7 years LTL line haul experience.
No accidents.
No violations.

OK, will do.
I thought I had a decent shot.
They're hiring quite a bit.
7 years LTL line haul experience.
No accidents.
No violations.

Sounds good to me.Give it a shot and let me know how you come out.OD is like other places in a way,it has good and bad but if you can survive what trucking has become you may be able to retire at 59 and half like I did.Good luck.

Sounds good to me.Give it a shot and let me know how you come out.OD is like other places in a way,it has good and bad but if you can survive what trucking has become you may be able to retire at 59 and half like I did.Good luck.

Not sure about the 59 and a half... I'm 45 now. :-)
I wish 59 and a half, but.....

Like Jim Bob stated, had to call back couple times, it took me 45 days and a second application and had to redo drug test due to it being over 30 days from 1st taken. Perfect no, especially during hiring process. NC lost part of initial application,