ODFL | Top pay

How does the vacation work, PTO days and all that good jazz? I am just waiting to hear back on weather I am go or not.

Vacation 2 weeks after 1 year of service,3weeks after 5 years,4 weeks after 18 years,2 personal days per year,vacation based on average pay per day(line haul)

We were told 4 weeks after 15yrs, also P&D vacation pay is 9 hrs per day....ex.pay rate $20.00 X 9 =$180.00 day vacation pay

We were told 4 weeks after 15yrs, also P&D vacation pay is 9 hrs per day....ex.pay rate $20.00 X 9 =$180.00 day vacation pay

I would assume the difference in city pay and our pay is that there is a lot of variation in how much a line driver gets paid. There's a big difference in a 450 mile day and a 650 mile day. For the guys with schedules it's easy to figure their average because theirs varies so little.

How does it work? Meaning are the PTO's January to January and vacation is anniversary date to anniversary date? That is how it is at my current place, meaning on January 1 I get 3 PTO's and on my anniversary date my vacation resets. Also can you roll vacation or is it use or lose or sell? I am hoping that I will be part of the team here soon so that is why I am asking. Also I have specific questions about the insurance, I don't know if anyone wants to answer on here or a pm but I would like to ask, So let me know. Thanks

Everything works off your anniversary date. Vacation is use or lose. When you earn your 3rd week you can sell 1 back(dont know of anyone whohas done this. You must take 2 weeks vacation. Insurance confuses me so I better not try to answer.Also 2 personal days a year, you CAN roll these over up to 6 days max saved

Amen on the insurance.
Everything works off your anniversary date. Vacation is use or lose. When you earn your 3rd week you can sell 1 back(dont know of anyone whohas done this. You must take 2 weeks vacation. Insurance confuses me so I better not try to answer.Also 2 personal days a year, you CAN roll these over up to 6 days max saved

Since it's an average of your year's pay, I'll take the time off. At Con-way the linehaul drivers usually lost about $300-400/week because they only paid 40 hours at a slightly higher rate than your normal hourly wage. Most of the line drivers at NNC only take a week or 2 off every year and save the rest of their time (top is 6 weeks vacation) and take it a day at a time so they don't lose so much all at once.

Well thanks for the input from some members of this board that I've PM'ed.
I called the terminal today to check on the status of my application. All spots have been filled.

I can't help but to be honest... the "Crud" seems to APPEAR to be fairly true. Can't help thinking that way. Sorry. I'm Sure it has to depend on the region. How many apps are taken in for the positions. What kind of past experience the terminal manager has had with different types of those situations. Alot of different possibilities here.

I just know I'm 45 years old and have a perfect driving record and 7 years line haul experience, dropping & hooking sets, driving in all weather conditions, know what the off hours kind of schedule is about, know that's it a 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year job, and I can't get an interview at places that say they're hiring.

Dayton Freight has a sign up "hiring road drivers & part time city" NO Call (I've called TM he sent me an aptitude test through email... Guess I wasn't "APT" enough)

It just may have been "crud" years ago but if you look at it from my perspective it's hard not to think it's true.

Again thanks for the information & advice I got from some on this board.

Ruffin72 - This was not intended to become a debate (and it hasn't) just thought I'd use your word to keep it a little less.... Debatable...?
Thanks, and I'm not giving up!

have you checked your hire rite report ? [dac report]

hire rite is dac . the report is like a credit report .if you find any errors you can submit a correction. remember you receive one free every year.