ODFL | Top pay

Hiring process(ordeal might be more accurate)could use some refinement,Not one of the things we can brag about.

I was surprised how easy it was for me. I filled out the app and a week and a half later I was in. Of course I had been bugging them for 2 years so hat may have had something to do with it. :36:

I just got to thinking about something... It amazes me that all it took was 3 weeks of training in school plus 4 weeks of on the job training to give me the tool (my cdl) in my pocket to give me the earning potential I have at OD as a line driver. I never in my wildest imagination thought I could make this kind of money! Granted I've been driving for 8 years and did some crappy work to get here but I feel blessed to have this kind of opportunity.

OD does hire ex union drivers. Before this crud gets started again. I'm 1 (ABF), so are majority of line haul drivers at my terminal. 2 have 20 years union before coming to OD.

Well thanks for the input from some members of this board that I've PM'ed.
I called the terminal today to check on the status of my application. All spots have been filled.

I can't help but to be honest... the "Crud" seems to APPEAR to be fairly true. Can't help thinking that way. Sorry. I'm Sure it has to depend on the region. How many apps are taken in for the positions. What kind of past experience the terminal manager has had with different types of those situations. Alot of different possibilities here.

I just know I'm 45 years old and have a perfect driving record and 7 years line haul experience, dropping & hooking sets, driving in all weather conditions, know what the off hours kind of schedule is about, know that's it a 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year job, and I can't get an interview at places that say they're hiring.

Dayton Freight has a sign up "hiring road drivers & part time city" NO Call (I've called TM he sent me an aptitude test through email... Guess I wasn't "APT" enough)

It just may have been "crud" years ago but if you look at it from my perspective it's hard not to think it's true.

Again thanks for the information & advice I got from some on this board.

Ruffin72 - This was not intended to become a debate (and it hasn't) just thought I'd use your word to keep it a little less.... Debatable...?
Thanks, and I'm not giving up!

It's crazy to think back to 2003 when I started, $16.75 an hour, I think L/H was aroun .36 a mile, drop and hook were $4.00. I was just as excited back then as you guys are starting now. We never went backwards, and only 1 year w no raise. Haven't messed with the 401k and they have always matched and always add extra every year

Thought I was rolling in the big bucks at 16.75 back then!! Think L/H was even around 28 cpm for starters.

1963 part time dockworker $ 1.25 per hour.I believe that's correct it has been a while ago.

If you fail the hogans test at Dayton freight it automatically kicks you out of the system. If its been six months I would reapply again.