FedEx Freight | Tractors governed

pineboy88

TB Lurker
Credits
I am a driver in ATL. I noticed that they were taking trucks to the shop for unscheduled maintenance. I ask my friend in the shop, and he said per FedEx that they are governing all tractors to 55!! I told him this was unsafe, and he said that he knew, but he cant do anything about it. What is going on!!!

Which ones?

pineboy88 said:
I am a driver in ATL. I noticed that they were taking trucks to the shop for unscheduled maintenance. I ask my friend in the shop, and he said per FedEx that they are governing all tractors to 55!! I told him this was unsafe, and he said that he knew, but he cant do anything about it. What is going on!!!
Was this Road trucks or City trucks?

I travel all over the country for WML and
this is a fact on road tractors. At $3.00 a gallon FedEx National wants to get started in the black and save as much money as possible.

I drive or did drive for a company who's trucks are set at 63, and Watkins and Fedex both passed us with no problem..65 maybe 55, I doubt....Thank god for ABF, It was nice to pass someone now and then....

I work for east have a 7000 series volvo they reprogramed the the autoshift tranny and turned the power down but still does 65 truck actually doesnt start pulling good till it has 30+ bushell on her would love to have my super 10 back though

If this is true which I hope isn't, our terminal alone would lose about six runs. They are based on the faster 60 and 70 mile hour states. Four runs alone are 606 miles..At 55 miles a hour in 11 hours won't make the run.

i am a fedex freight driver and drove eveything in our yard some freightliners do 70 the internationals all governed at 65 but are so beat down you will only see about 60 61 down wind.the volvos do 67 and the big kws do 68 the small kws not a hair of 65 our freight liner straight truck does 80 and the intertrashinal straight trucks 55 but 35 up hill

safetyfirst said:
this is a fact on road tractors. At $3.00 a gallon FedEx National wants to get started in the black and save as much money as possible.

Watkins or national is already in the black they operate at 92 now.

safetyfirst said:
High fuel costs,wich lead to inflation,are passed on to the costumer (ultimately the consumer) through the fuel surcharge. If fuel were 10$ a gollon FedEx,YRC,UPS Freight,etc. will move the freight at a profit.

they might not turn them down to 55 but when they get done with them you will be lucky to see 66. as for them 70 mile an hour trucks kiss it good bye....... p.s. dont get caught running over 65 after they cut them down it will be your a_ _................

10 speed said:
they might not turn them down to 55 but when they get done with them you will be lucky to see 66. as for them 70 mile an hour trucks kiss it good bye....... p.s. dont get caught running over 65 after they cut them down it will be your a_ _................

Heck I would be lucky to see 65 mph. Just about anything over 62 is a pipe dream!:thumbsdown:

I knew a few Volvos that would run up to 70+ if you hold the pedal to the floor and keep the cruise button pushed in. But that could change with one trip to the shop and the right or wrong Mec checked it.

sh-h-h-h-h-h

Would you guys find something else to talk about? Saia management reads these boards. Any Saia management will cut the throat of ANYONE to get a "good idea" on the board just to get the chance for that good ole "pat on the back". My truck is the slowest in the country. BAR NONE.:Duel:

superdave said:
44567 did 69 on the floor and on the cruise. FYI dave
cruise??? they disconnected all of our cruise controls I would guess they will do the same for you. The only cruise controls that are hooked up are on the new tractors with the vorad system

chitownpeddler said:
cruise??? they disconnected all of our cruise controls I would guess they will do the same for you. The only cruise controls that are hooked up are on the new tractors with the vorad system

Well thats just about all Watkins has is new tractors.