FedEx Freight | Tractors governed

WhiteEagle said:
errrr...explain to me how "being union" at yellow allows you to break any laws a we bit?....i'll bet the D.O.T. has something to say about that

The D.O.T. would definitely have something to say about an overweight load, like out of service and here's you fine. What was being refferred to before is that a union driver would be paid his waiting time plus the drop and hook for switching from a single to a tandem axle tractor. I don't think he ever implied that any of us do or should break the law.

:deal: :Rulz: 15) No Union talk allowed on non-union trucking forums. PERIOD, causes nothing but flame wars and you will get banned from this site for doing so. Also NO Union bashing whatsoever allowed by non-union members on union trucking company forums. The Union/Non-Union forums are ther place for that. Any company owned by a company that is union is the only time union talk can be discussed in non union company forums. This website is not pro union or pro anti union, we are pro LTL drivers.

Nuff said........:deal: :Rulz:

FM

eolithic said:
I wonder what their plans are for the trucks we currently have. I hope they decide to do away with our twin screws and run all single axle units then we can get rid of the trailers with the nose stands on them.

I do like my twin screw but I could get use to single axle again.

Not going to happen. I've pulled any number of 53's lately that were too heavy for a a single-axle tractor, and I'd guess the number of 53's is going up, not down.

well maybe you should word it differently because the way you wrote it....yes i do think thats what you meant because thats what you said

vwaggs said:
Do you really think that was what
I meant?

14wheeler said:
not only a shop stuart but a comedian also:poster_stupid:

It's "Shop Steward" so before you hold those silly signs up that use the word "stupid" in them you should make sure all of your spelling is correct. :poster_stupid:

Well, I get the feeling the 500 or so tractors being re-branded for FEXNL are for the city operations but even so those were probable some of the best damned riding single axle tractors ever made.... Our new tractors at FXFE don't have near the ride or the quiteness in the cab either. A lot will have cd players in them too... I don't know why there has to be flaming going on here but skippy should know that those re-branded trucks are a helluva lot better than what most of the city drivers drive here in CLT. Good luck guys rumours are gonna run rampant but just hold on for the ride and believe only what you see because your gonna hear all kinds of crap that isn't gonna be true for sure....

the trucks are only going 64 mph speedos say 66 & 67. I check every one I drive with GPS and stop watch. 64 is it.

the trucks are only going 64 mph speedos say 66 & 67. I check every one I drive with GPS and stop watch. 64 is it.

I agree, I have done the same thing with the same results.... Remember the old days with the "U' model Macks that would run 80+ hahaha I do..... Showing my age I guess... :hysterical:

mack attack

I agree, I have done the same thing with the same results.... Remember the old days with the "U' model Macks that would run 80+ hahaha I do..... Showing my age I guess... :hysterical:
I remember some R models that would do 80mph if you adjusted the bolt down under the foot pedel, also ran it back up before it went to shop for pm's I'm showing my age also (manuel pumps) Did you ever see a TYSON chicken feed truck pass you doing 80..... before that when I owned macks (300's-5 SPEED) I had the manifold pressure set at 31 by a good pump man (learned that lesson the hard way)....had to watch the pyro real close...it would get to 1250 degrees real quick......ran one doing that 5 years....sold it, told him it was hot, he still melted it down in 1 month.....LET THE BLACK SMOKE ROLL........TRUCK SAFE

You Tell Him

LOL is that why your city guys still ride around in trucks with no air? I guess being at the bottom of this so called "FedEx Totem pole isn't to bad because our hourly rate is higher that Freights here in the east anyway.

We are still getting new trucks as we always have and yes we are getting some of these painted trucks but there is a reason for that and it has nothing to do with being new comers to FedEx. Our terminal has already got 3 new national trucks. (not your old trucks) I enjoy driving my 2006 volvo with cruise control.

I also enjoy our vacation/personal day policy I mean who wouldn't enjoy earning 14 hours per month and being able to roll it over year to year.

Dont come into this forum tossing around how we will get your junk and we are low on this so called totem pole. We are all here to do the same job and dont pretend that we are second class to you.

YOU TELL HIM, FOLKS LIKE THAT **** ME OFF!:chairshot: