FedEx Freight | Transferring to take an Extra Board spot?

relay yard. Different nomenclature, for example a west coast person would use a forklift but an old geezer on the east coast would use a tow motor. Another example would be west coast men use congears and east coast gurleymen use dollys.

I see.....out of curiosity in what part of the country would our guys/gals be using a jiff?

I still use "jiff" sometimes then somebody usually says "what's a jiff ?". Ah the good ole days. ARN is a good place to work. Day runs to Kimball, NE to meet Rock Springs, WY 600+ miles. Night runs to either DSM or KCY both around 524. Apartments are cheap, I have a buddy working out of ARN who rents an apartment and pays around $250 a month. With e expansion of KCY that might help grow ARN also, so if your going to seriously do it now is the time to go. They mostly have Volvo tractors there. Worst thing about the jobs is the winter and road shut downs. All your freight comes from large hubs on either side, so if they shut down so do you. And i80 gets incredibly slick in ice/snow storms and the road closes in Wyoming a lot. Things like Walmart are 20 miles away, closest bestbuy, Home Depot, and such is Lincoln about an hour away. And they all just love Nebraska football, it disgusting!

When RC refers to a jiff, he's talking about a jiff lock to turn a 2 axle into a wanna be 3 axle. And boy he sure hopes Conway doesn't start using them.

Aurora is a nice town. It has about everything you need. GI is another story. I went there for Walmart only. I just spent weekdays there and returned to KC on weekends, so I don't know what the weekend life is like. I used to walk about 2 miles a day through town late at night and always felt safe.

Sent from my Smartish Doohickey .

Hell, I would feel safe if I was you too,

I've not seen a Jifflox for quite some time, but I remember driving R157 that was Jiffed up and it was a non power steering having POS and I'm not talking Pocono/Summit.

roog

Talked with HR today, we had a sitdown with SCM, HR Advisor and HR boss. I can't transfer because the paperwork saying "You're a driver now" hasn't been completed. Even though I've met all the requirements, HR is 8 weeks behind on paperwork because of the holidays. <-- riiiiight. So dock worker with a CDL it is for me for a few more weeks at least. Did I mention a new City Driver rec hit the boards today? ha. It is what it is.. I was warned before I applied there's a lot of hoops to jump through. It'll be worth it eventually:tumbleweed:

call the guy you want to work for and explain it to him. I have seen SCM pull strings too get things too happen. You will never know unless you try. Good luck

What is the difference between the Driver Apprentice program and the FedEx Driver Development Course? Or is it the same thing.

I`ve put apps in Madison Al. & Montgomery,Al for city driver abt 3 weeks ago, i have not heard from either service center.how long is the wait time before they might call me? My MVR is clean, i have all the endorsements but no driving experience is this going to hurt me?I currently work for a contractor at fx Ground driving a 24ft step-van.

I`ve put apps in Madison Al. & Montgomery,Al for city driver abt 3 weeks ago, i have not heard from either service center.how long is the wait time before they might call me? My MVR is clean, i have all the endorsements but no driving experience is this going to hurt me?I currently work for a contractor at fx Ground driving a 24ft step-van.

Good news! There'll be no one interested in transferring there

Bad news is they'll more than likely prefer that you have previous experience.

I would call the center and ask for the SCM, (terminal manager), and tell him you are working for FedEx ground now, and you are interested in working for FedEx freight. He might hire you as a dockworker and you can work into a city position?