FedEx Freight | truck conditions

"Tractor" conditions

Sir Redshirt, First of all please do not place all drivers in your "you drivers" category. If you are going to take the time to go thru the "road drivers" tractors then maybe you should take your big purple pen and paper so that you can make a list of those tractors that do not meet your standards for cleanliness and figure out who has been driving them. At our location we share our tractors with city drivers as well as road. Most drivers that are in the same tractor everyday wether shared or not do a good job of taking care of that tractor. I find the problems come from the drivers who are bounced around to a different tractor on a daily basis. As for the exterior of the tractors I was "caught" washing my tractor (on my time because I could see no one else was going to do it) and was told that I was not allowed to wash the exterior except for windows and mirrors. For your new mission, why don't you sir please make it clear exactly what Fedex expects, both the drivers and the maintenance department to take care of and then post it at every terminal. I think that if you make sure that the exterior is cleaned more than once a month or so more drivers might just loose the, they don't care about the outside so why worry about the inside, attitude. Maybe you should help make us proud of what we drive and say thank you to those who are doing the right thing instead of doing a general criticism of all drivers.

Yoda-Flame-war-begun.jpg

Each keystroke of this thread wastes 1 byte of space from Jeff's fancy new server. It's time to subtract some reputation from ol' trollshirt!

Ther NEVER was and will NEVER be a 'purple promise'...

And the "people first" nonsense was just that...nonsense!!!

From its outset the whole "Purple Promise" was just advertising hype. Presented as a 'mindset' to hire folks to work for less based upon a conducive working environment...it doesn't exist.

There is NOT now nor WILL there ever be a 'people first' mentality at Fed-Ex...it advertising hype for the general public and potential employees.

Fed-Ex will dis you quicker than most companies...just ask an employee suffering from the latest round of those at Fed-Ex freight that lost their jobs due to a 're-alignment'...bottom line...Fred S. is a liar...

Rat
OH NOOOOOO....Say it ain't SOOOOOOO......LOL LOL LOL......Good thing you left Con-Job.......LOL LOL LOL.....How's the bottom of the board treatn' ya these days ?

I want to also add red skirt that we dont have meetings at our humble little hole in the wall center we never know anything.furthermore you come to our little hole on a rainy day and tell me how to keep the floor clean in the trucks with the mud stuck to the bottom of your shoes.hell my car i drive to work has the crap on the floor I wont even drive my pick up truck to work because of the driveway, so when you are out next week walking around the blacktop or concrete yard you let us know what kind of "Contraband" you find in these fedex hot rods they call trucks oh thats right you probably only need mack and int keys for the trucks on your yard all newer trucks im shure. You come to our hole in the wall make shure you bring the old style volvo key with ya thats what we run nothing but the finest there truck inspector.

Our place has a guy specifically for washing trucks. I think his title is fleet wash supervisor. I never see him wash any trucks, he just hides the brushes so the drivers can't break them.

Twice now he has seen me washing my truck off and he "helps" me so he can get credit. The last time he told me he'd been looking for this truck (my assigned truck). I asked him why, since it's always clean. I keep it clean myself. It is probably the cleanest truck on the lot most days.

Don't assume that because his screen name is redshirt, he is actually a Supervisor. I refuse to believe that anyone who has that much trouble with the English language could have become a a manager... redshirt = :stirthepot:
Who said you have to be smart to be in management.

Our place has a guy specifically for washing trucks. I think his title is fleet wash supervisor. I never see him wash any trucks, he just hides the brushes so the drivers can't break them.

Twice now he has seen me washing my truck off and he "helps" me so he can get credit. The last time he told me he'd been looking for this truck (my assigned truck). I asked him why, since it's always clean. I keep it clean myself. It is probably the cleanest truck on the lot most days.

Be nice to the fleet wash guy, I think he was the one DQ'd from driving for road rage complaints. #justsayin

Wash mine while I'm on vacation. :D

roog

Two things. If he could read, he'd find in the linedriver's handbook, oh excuse me, the ROAD DRIVER's handbook that you are specifically forbidden to wash your assigned power unit unless specifically directed to do so by a member of the local management team. Being directed to do so would constitute a paid event not part of your drop or part of your mileage pay. Second, these inspections would explain who my inflatable girlfriend has been seeing on the weekends.

you want the outside cleaned do it i am not going to I will clean the inside to a point but it won't be spotless unless ya'll want to pay for the material to do it with .You come on here with a threat well I will leave you with one like Davy Crockett said if you think your right go ahead.