Truck Driver Charged in Fatal Crash That Injured Tracy Morgan

Discussion in 'The Drivers Lounge' started by Dockworker, Jun 7, 2014.

1. mud

mud Wonderin'

Now is the time for Mr. Roper to shut up.

2. Smoov

Smoov Banned

sounds like he did not sleep during his rest period...it's tough trying to sleep in the day
    I worked for Conway for a short while and they would pull this crap on low man all the time
    Mon you have a 8 AM ltl run
    so i go to sleep Sun night
    get a call Mon 7am " your ltl run is cancelled, we need you to run linehaul 6;45 pm"
    So now I just had a full nights sleep.
    I stay up for a few hours and now try to go back to sleep for another 8 hours?
    fat chance
    an hour of "sleep" is 10 6 minute naps
    over and over
    and I a 14 hour shift of Conway linehaul bs ahead of me....

3. righturnclyde

righturnclyde Member

4. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

It is nothing that wasn't already discussed here. If it was you or me instead of Tracey Morgan it would be another story. Don't you agree?

5. pro1driver

pro1driver I am LAST

yes had it NOT been a well known person, it would just be an "ordinary" accident.

but add an actor, comedian, politician, you know, "important people" and how quickly the media takes charge.

i do not believe anyone here said he was drunk or on drugs, just that he dozed off, or nodded off.

but his "twitter" account will not get him off the hook. he will have a long road to travel to get a great lawyer to defend him. i do not see wally world providing him with a lawyer, since they suspended him.

he can provide all the proof he has that he was sober and got his rest, but how can he prove he actually got sleep the previous hours leading up to the crash..???

big names make big news.

you ain't big...???, you're nothing, but fodder to the media that wish to make a circus act out of you.

he still had the wreck, someone died, this we all know.

i see him guilty of the wreck yes.....and i see him not driving anymore, due to the death and even perhaps, of the media circus that will follow him. i cannot see any employer taking him on, as he's too much in the news, and not for the good either.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
  6. Guardrail

Guardrail Super Moderator Staff Member

That's not his twitter either. Do these "news" organizations even vet their sources? I doubt it. That's a different twitter account than the last one.

Guardrail

7. Apostolic

Apostolic Super Moderator Staff Member

Sad as it is to know you messed-up behind the wheel, to cause any death,or injuries.
    Never ever admit guilt,let the crash investigators figure it out,then take whatever you have coming to you.
    Regret alone can put our mind in our own personal prison the rest of our life.

With that said I hope none of us ever have to face any negative actions to do harm to others.

8. pro1driver

pro1driver I am LAST

then we will never know.

maybe it's best we don't and him and the lawyers hash it out.

the web is full of rumors, opinions and lawyers.

9. Dockworker

Dockworker Super Moderator Staff Member

10. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Well-Known Member

I'm just glad they can't make a race issue out of it, Rev Al wouldn't pass up a chance to have a photo-op next to a SNL star.

1 person likes this.
  11. Crystal

Crystal Well-Known Member

Do you think that buying Gateway was the cause of Maislin shutting down in the US?

12. Apostolic

Apostolic Super Moderator Staff Member

This Maislin issue is way off topic,however I remember after the Gateway merger.
    I believe Maislin started picking freight they would haul,& rejecting some national accounts for various reasons.
    Seems like they didn't last long after that dissection.

I'm sure their demise had a lot more to do with them not only rejecting some accounts.

As I worked for 15 different union LTL's from the mid 60's to '86 when I froze my pension & gave up my union card.
    To hire on as a full time P&D driver at Overnite,everyone of those 15 have closed,mostly due to the cost of doing business.
    A lot of them where operating over a dollar to make a dollar,& that was their downfall.

Now back on topic,I just saw on the national news that authorities are looking into the off duty activities of this Wal-mart driver.
    As it seems as it has been established he hadn't had any sleep in 24 hours.
    He has had his first court appearance & has pleaded,not guilty to all charges.

13. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

Being the skeptic that I am I was skeptical about that being his twitter account. I don't have any trucking buddies who have twitter accounts. WTH would we need one of those for?

14. pro1driver

pro1driver I am LAST

me neither.

i got a simple cell phone, then when at home, i got an old pc for emails...what more do i need..??

but there are some that feel the need to stay connected.....

i too am not too certain that the twitter account actually belongs to him.

15. CenturyClass

CenturyClass Lead-side Recruit

Alot of people these days feel the need to spew their every thought and opinions via social media. I despise social media with an absolute passion

16. double r

double r Dock delivery expert

To be charged with the charge that NJ is trying to charge the driver with, they have to prove he has been awake for 24 hours or more. There is an article floating around that discusses this law and the charge. If I find it, I'll post a link. Basicly, the state now has to prove that he was awake for 24 hours to make the charge stick.

Found it:

The rest of the article is just media hype and BS.
    http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.s...fuels_federal_debate_over_tired_truckers.html

17. Triplex

Triplex Experienced stalker

They are looking into his commute to work since they claim he lives in Georgia but works out of a Delaware location according to a news article.

18. CenturyClass

CenturyClass Lead-side Recruit

Who would commute from Georgia to Delaware to drive a walmart truck?

19. Snark Monkey

Snark Monkey Well-Known Member

Walmart Company trucks have an electronic cell phone blocker installed in their trucks. Don't believe me ask any Company Walmart Driver.

20. Snark Monkey

Snark Monkey Well-Known Member

I know a Costco Driver that lives in N.C. and works out of the Costco D.C. in New Jersey. He stays at his Sister's house in N.J. for two weeks at a time, then goes home to N.C. the third week. Been working like that for ten years.