ABF | Trucking is a hard life.

Try retiring at 57 now a day's, you get a third. Abf doesn't want you too retire. Every year you stay after 57 goes up three to four hundred a year. Management doesn't even work eight hours a day . You think they care about you. We have to work average at least eleven hours a day for a good paycheck. I would rather them fix retirement than increase pay. I want to leave. It's just a job here now . If you get your own truck you make three times what we make, I guess people stay here mainly for insurance. And most driver's I talk to don't like change and management no's this that's why it's bad here. I don't get the union any more, far left. There not helping me at to make them worthwhile.thisis a bad career choice.
Mr. abfasclown, I understand your frustration... I think everyone here knows about management's short hours (I have chronicled that several times) and most know they don't care about us...fixing retirement in a multi employer pension fund is nearly impossible (plus they did pass Butch Lewis) especially with UPS buying out of Central States and Yellow only paying 25% for the last dozen years, my preference is they fix pay...I want to leave too, but I will stick it out if we get some real gains this contract...I would never get my own truck because you might double your pay, but you triple your headaches, with even less time off....I think everyone (ya like that hook?) needs to tone it down a bit though...we are Teamsters and we need to stick together....

Mr. abfasclown, I understand your frustration... I think everyone here knows about management's short hours (I have chronicled that several times) and most know they don't care about us...fixing retirement in a multi employer pension fund is nearly impossible (plus they did pass Butch Lewis) especially with UPS buying out of Central States and Yellow only paying 25% for the last dozen years, my preference is they fix pay...I want to leave too, but I will stick it out if we get some real gains this contract...I would never get my own truck because you might double your pay, but you triple your headaches, with even less time off....I think everyone (ya like that hook?) needs to tone it down a bit though...we are Teamsters and we need to stick together....
If Ted there thinks he will double or triple his pay,he should quit ABF, and go. As far as whining about 11 hours a day now,wait till you own the business.

This is why you don't argue with driver's they just bring you down to they're level. Pretty low
If Ted there thinks he will double or triple his pay,he should quit ABF, and go. As far as whining about 11 hours a day now,wait till you own the business.
Some answer how long did it take for that bias opinion. How about working when you want. Freedom , not being over taxed we're government pays themselves first there not working to sixty two or five, the army twenty plus years with disability you over six grand a month tax free I like to control my taxes some. . City worker's with over a year personal time built up. We get pay cuts vacation taken away told to vote yes and you say thank you sir. Ignorance is bliss. Kiss ass coworkers all-out for themselves office workers crazy.

This is why you don't argue with driver's they just bring you down to they're level. Pretty low

Some answer how long did it take for that bias opinion. How about working when you want. Freedom , not being over taxed we're government pays themselves first there not working to sixty two or five, the army twenty plus years with disability you over six grand a month tax free I like to control my taxes some. . City worker's with over a year personal time built up. We get pay cuts vacation taken away told to vote yes and you say thank you sir. Ignorance is bliss. Kiss ass coworkers all-out for themselves office workers crazy.
I’ll take a guess that you live next door to the
84upsidedown guy. Thanks for stopping though.

Don't know who that is. when it comes to retirement this is not the best choice. People layering scam's off the taxpayers do the best. America seems dead for people with dignity, pride, to many shameless entitled beggars, not working hard at all. Mopping the floor with simple honest people.

I'm thinking about busting out of retirement and buying myself a tractor.
I'll haul oyster shells to chicken houses in Ga.
I can make enough to retire again in about 2 or 3 yrs.
If anyone knows of a 3-axle Studebaker with a 653 Detroit and 10-00-20 tube-type tires at a good price who will carry the note with low interest and no down payment, please give me a call @ BR 549.

Bad time's are here, contract won't be good. Hope keeps you whistling towards the grave. I'm sure ba's will say something like a car salesmen that we win.

If anyone knows of a 3-axle Studebaker with a 653 Detroit and 10-00-20 tube-type tires at a good price who will carry the note with low interest and no down payment, please give me a call @ BR 549.
Hey Breeze give my buddy Junior a call, he always has a good selection of all types of vehicles, his phone number is......hey...what the heck.....Junior?...is that you?

Bad time's are here, contract won't be good. Hope keeps you whistling towards the grave. I'm sure ba's will say something like a car salesmen that we win.
Instead of saying that the “sky is falling”, how about we wait and see what the new contract looks like. If it sucks, then vote “NO” and encourage your co-workers to do the same. Did you actually submit any contract proposals or attend any proposal meetings to see what was being said or submitted? If everyone at ABF had your doom and gloom attitude and did not even try to make a difference, then we would be our own worse enemy. You have got to actually “participate” and encourage others to do the same. And if you have issues with your BA, then let him know this. He works for you!!! I guess I am just spoiled down here at the Rock as our BA does a great job. Do I wish he had more time for meetings to hear my complaints? Absolutely I do. But, I also understand that he covers five or more different contracts and also chairs the Road Grievance hearings for the Southern Region Supplement. Bottom line is this. When they offer the new contract, if you don’t like what you see, “VOTE NO”. If you like what you see, “VOTE YES”. But, if you vote yes, when you don’t like what you see, then you are part of the problem that you have been bitching about all along!!!

Instead of saying that the “sky is falling”, how about we wait and see what the new contract looks like. If it sucks, then vote “NO” and encourage your co-workers to do the same. Did you actually submit any contract proposals or attend any proposal meetings to see what was being said or submitted? If everyone at ABF had your doom and gloom attitude and did not even try to make a difference, then we would be our own worse enemy. You have got to actually “participate” and encourage others to do the same. And if you have issues with your BA, then let him know this. He works for you!!! I guess I am just spoiled down here at the Rock as our BA does a great job. Do I wish he had more time for meetings to hear my complaints? Absolutely I do. But, I also understand that he covers five or more different contracts and also chairs the Road Grievance hearings for the Southern Region Supplement. Bottom line is this. When they offer the new contract, if you don’t like what you see, “VOTE NO”. If you like what you see, “VOTE YES”. But, if you vote yes, when you don’t like what you see, then you are part of the problem that you have been bitching about all along!!!
Regardless of how good an offer is, vote NO, and never accept the first offer.
The first is always feelers.

I too was curious about the second book. Only thing that I can come up with is the “Book of Interpretations“. And, all it is is a book of previous rulings and decisions from past years that is used to keep decisions consistent. Kind of like the courts use previous rulings in their decisions. So, I am curious what this “other” book is that abfasclown is speaking of.
Of course a Book of Interpretations is nice.....my local claims they don't have one, they also claim nobody has one under my supplement.... makes it hard to site past decisions...smdh

It's time for your "meds" now.:6788:
:6799::violin:

Don’t forget clocking out at the end of your day!!!
Or, taking up to three hours to pee in a cup on the clock!!!
I'm probably wrong again, I thought it was only 2 hours. At least that is what I remember from 2001 when my brain was slightly less alcoholic. .........

I don't want to initiate anyone but most of what abfasclown is saying is how I feel most of the time (in his first couple of posts before he dove in ). Not the owner operates sh.. but the wanting to retire stuff. What he doesn't seem to get is it is not just the insurance (we need it) or the pension (that is good too) but it is starting over. Starting a new career after 30-40 years in trucking? With 20+ years at ABF? It would be like running a cross country marathon and quitting 100 miles before reaching the opposite coast. My opinion only.

Last edited: