XPO | Truth

::shit::
Straight off of the abf website(https://www.abf.jobs/) Wages - Full-scale wage is $20.70/hour and will increase to $24.25 during the life of the contract (04/01/13). Over-the-road mileage rate is .52025 and will increase to .6090 over the life of the contract (04/01/13). (New hires progress to top rate within 3 years) I think someone may be full of ::shit::.

show me where it states the hourly wage on this web site https://www.abf.jobs/. all I saw was "Wages - Teamster Union Scale" I think you've got your info wrong. it's start out around $20.70/hr top out at $24.25/hr in three yrs probably. If Holland is making $20.34/hr at Wooducks barn after the 15% and ABF is still at top scale with out the -15% then ABF would be paying more than $20.70 top out right now. new hire also top out in 90 days if they come from another Teamster barn if I am remembering the last agreement correctly. thanks for playing but I think your full of ::shit::.

I seem to remember that the last time our economy took a crap, a republican was president. I also get the impression that if the republicans had their way, all labor would be paid minimum wage.

Obama inherited an utterly destroyed economy. One of your associates would ask, If a republican gets the Oval Office, how fast would you expect change? 1 week? 1 Month? 3 Months? 6 Months? HOW LONG???

So, just as you urge Conway discontents to be patient, our just compensation will be returned, I say the same to you. Politicians are like corporate leaders - they have our best interests in mind. Be patient with the Democrats and all of your economic desires will be fulfilled. And you will never know if I am saying that with a straight face.

This is a good place to debate politics, right? Cause I have just scratched the surface and I WILL do my best demonstrate just how righteously out of touch you are. If you keep bringing up politics, I will get ugly.

I'll debate politics with you, there is forum just for that, I think it's called something like Washington D.C. and the Holyland or some such thing.

Hello. I would like to set the record straight about the pay scale at ABF, at least for the southern region. I work for ABF in North Little Rock, AR. and I am the lead steward for the city, dock, hostle, and forklift operators at this location. The current full scale hourly rate for a full time city, dock, hostle, or forklift operator is $23.98 per hour with a 45 cent raise per hour on 04/01/2012. We have a three (3) year progression for new hires to reach full scale. If you are CDL qualified with all the required endorsements you would start at 85% ($20.38ph) for your first year. After one year, you go to 90% ($21.58ph), after two years you go to 95% ($22.78ph), and after the third year you go to full scale (currently $23.98ph). Non-CDL qualified fulltime would start at 70% ($16.79ph) for the first year. After one year, you go to 75% ($17.98ph), after two years you go to 80% ($19.18ph), and after three years you go to full scale (currently $23.98ph). Our full time road drivers currently make 60.025 cents per mile and $23.90ph for drop and hooks, layovers or pretty much any other reason that they would not otherwise be making the mileage rate of pay when they are on the clock. Their progression pay for new hires is 85% for the first year, 90% after one year, 95% after two years, and full scale 100% after three years. Our Utility Employees make an extra $1.00 per hour (currently $24.98ph at full scale) with the same 85-90-95-100% progression for new hires. Our combination casual (part-time) rates are currently at $20.07ph and will increase to $20.43ph on 04/01/2012. Our pure dock casuals (part-time) make $14.00ph and that rate will stay the same thru the end of this contract which is 03/31/2013. We get time-and-one-half after 8-hours a day or 40-hours a week, and on our 6th day. On our 7th day we get double time. On holidays worked, we get double time plus holiday pay which is 8-hours straight time. Our pension and our insurance is fully paid by our employer to the Teamsters at no cost to us. I know I am a visitor on this site and I am not trying to step on anyone's toes, but I felt the record should be set straight about the rates of pay at ABF. These rates are directly out of the Teamsters National Master Freight Agreement/ Southern Region Supplemental Agreement. Again, I am not trying to step on anyone's toes, I am just trying to set the record straight. Thank You.

::shit::

show me where it states the hourly wage on this web site https://www.abf.jobs/. all I saw was "Wages - Teamster Union Scale" I think you've got your info wrong. it's start out around $20.70/hr top out at $24.25/hr in three yrs probably. If Holland is making $20.34/hr at Wooducks barn after the 15% and ABF is still at top scale with out the -15% then ABF would be paying more than $20.70 top out right now. new hire also top out in 90 days if they come from another Teamster barn if I am remembering the last agreement correctly. thanks for playing but I think your full of ::shit::.

Look under 'road driver'. If you look at the post again you would see hourly and mile pay that would be a road scale. Put "abf pay rate" into google search and it will even display on there. So I guess tag your full of ::shit::.

union pay

abf, yrc , and holland were all under the same contract. all made the same pay and benefits. all and i do mean all of them had better pay and benefits (than conway)... now yrc and holland did take a 15% pay cut voted on by there members in hope of saving there jobs and there company.( there choice).... at conway we take what they tell us we're going to take . we set back and watch as subservice carriers go out our gates with our freight while we work the dock all night and day instead of running. we also watch dispatch give better runs to junior drivers skipping through the ranks as they choose not giving a damn about seniority. (thats right guys WE SET BACK AND TAKE IT !!!) and now all you want to do is point the finger at each other and play the blame game. stop fighting and start pointing the finger at who is to blame. if you are tired of getting screwed over do something about it. but don't fight your fellow workers, your brothers.

Hello. I would like to set the record straight about the pay scale at ABF, at least for the southern region. I work for ABF in North Little Rock, AR. and I am the lead steward for the city, dock, hostle, and forklift operators at this location. The current full scale hourly rate for a full time city, dock, hostle, or forklift operator is $23.98 per hour with a 45 cent raise per hour on 04/01/2012. We have a three (3) year progression for new hires to reach full scale. If you are CDL qualified with all the required endorsements you would start at 85% ($20.38ph) for your first year. After one year, you go to 90% ($21.58ph), after two years you go to 95% ($22.78ph), and after the third year you go to full scale (currently $23.98ph). Non-CDL qualified fulltime would start at 70% ($16.79ph) for the first year. After one year, you go to 75% ($17.98ph), after two years you go to 80% ($19.18ph), and after three years you go to full scale (currently $23.98ph). Our full time road drivers currently make 60.025 cents per mile and $23.90ph for drop and hooks, layovers or pretty much any other reason that they would not otherwise be making the mileage rate of pay when they are on the clock. Their progression pay for new hires is 85% for the first year, 90% after one year, 95% after two years, and full scale 100% after three years. Our Utility Employees make an extra $1.00 per hour (currently $24.98ph at full scale) with the same 85-90-95-100% progression for new hires. Our combination casual (part-time) rates are currently at $20.07ph and will increase to $20.43ph on 04/01/2012. Our pure dock casuals (part-time) make $14.00ph and that rate will stay the same thru the end of this contract which is 03/31/2013. We get time-and-one-half after 8-hours a day or 40-hours a week, and on our 6th day. On our 7th day we get double time. On holidays worked, we get double time plus holiday pay which is 8-hours straight time. Our pension and our insurance is fully paid by our employer to the Teamsters at no cost to us. I know I am a visitor on this site and I am not trying to step on anyone's toes, but I felt the record should be set straight about the rates of pay at ABF. These rates are directly out of the Teamsters National Master Freight Agreement/ Southern Region Supplemental Agreement. Again, I am not trying to step on anyone's toes, I am just trying to set the record straight. Thank You.

http://tdu.org/files/Final_MASTER_MODEL_080326_0.pdf

Upsf will be at $24.40 as of July 1. rattlehead, its at the bottom of page 33. See how easy that was...

ahhhh but I did'nt need to find it because I was right so now who's full of sh!t? he's talking the southern region. Here in the midwestern region it may be higher than the southern region as it is at Conway. I know it's more in the north eastern region than it is here. so put that in your know nothing pipes and smoke it. I'm paying 106.50/week for insurance. I just finished my 15 mnths during which time I had to put with their crappy @ss first year hire ins. which has a $6000/yr deductible. yes that's 3 zeros not 2. so I got the FSA plan to help with that because I have 2 kids, one with some costly medical problems. that costs me 61/week. I then put into my 401k which is not matched at all. so I'm making a lot less at first year raise than I did at no raise and it's gonna take me another 4 years to make the same as a guy who has been there 5 years while I bust my hump in the elements (ususally harder than the guy making top scale, wether you wanna beleive that or not is up to you but I do not lie, it's an ugly carachter trait to have). so tell me where it would be bad even if you were right on the lower end of ABF's pay scale. even at that they'd still be making more than you on the benefits alone. but then I guess we should forgive you, not all drivers are very good with elementary math skills. oh yeah and I said show me where it says anything about the pay on the other web site from ABF not the one you posted at "http://tdu.org/files/Final_MASTER_MODEL_080326_0.pdf" but then I guess you don't read very well either.

@rattlehead...... as a guy who has been there 5 years while I bust my hump in the elements (ususally harder than the guy making top scale

i hope your back is covered under your insuance.....you had to have pulled a muscle some how .....wish i had a nickle everytime i heard that hahahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
@rattlehead...... as a guy who has been there 5 years while I bust my hump in the elements (ususally harder than the guy making top scale

i hope your back is covered under your insuance.....you had to have pulled a muscle some how .....wish i had a nickle everytime i heard that hahahahaha

just calling as I see it driver. while all the others are just breaking and docking and running I'm building and loading and sweating. must be nice to have all that senioity, cherry pick your breaker, dock every peice of freight you touch and get that pat on the back. oh I forgot you spent all day driving around to the same stops you've been too for the past 5 years and had to do it in that air ride, air conditioned tractor. now don't get me wrong, I'm all for having it easier with seniority , but damn it do your job when you get back to the dock or just go home. but then that's what most of 'em are doing. breaking the trailers as fast as they can just to clear the board so they can go home. dock it all, who cares. as long as I get to leave thhrrrppppppp.

just calling as I see it driver. while all the others are just breaking and docking and running I'm building and loading and sweating. must be nice to have all that senioity, cherry pick your breaker, dock every peice of freight you touch and get that pat on the back. oh I forgot you spent all day driving around to the same stops you've been too for the past 5 years and had to do it in that air ride, air conditioned tractor. now don't get me wrong, I'm all for having it easier with seniority , but damn it do your job when you get back to the dock or just go home. but then that's what most of 'em are doing. breaking the trailers as fast as they can just to clear the board so they can go home. dock it all, who cares. as long as I get to leave thhrrrppppppp.

you got to be kidding....

Abf $26.06 58 cents a mile, Ups freight 66 cents a mile, Yrc, Usf holland, roadway 24.06hr with 15% pay cut agreed to by drivers, Old dominion 24.45 an hr, and all these company's especially the union one's have better medical and a pension..........Conway 55.5 cents a mile and 23.55hr no pension and medical sucks .......PRICELESS! and our stock is better than all these company's .........enjoy also your welfare check when you go on vacation we are the only company that does'nt average your vacation check based on a 52 week system.......
Can't speak for the rest ,but UPS freight will be at 24.40p/hr an 61.69 cpm on July 1. Won't be at 66cpm until 2013 according to the contract. Not trying to influence anyone just trying to state the correct facts.

you got to be kidding....

no I am not. it happens every day. it is something that everyone here that loads complains about wether they are junior or senior guys. we all know it goes on. maybe it doesn't happen at your barn but I assure you I am not kidding you. and yes I saw your crybaby remark before wandering removed it. sorry if the truth hit home a little harder with you. you wouldn't dare call me anything to my face though, I would bet. the whole point of my post here in the beginning was the fact that it is BS to take 5 yrs to top out doing the same job,(sometimes more) as the guy right next to you.

no I am not. it happens every day. it is something that everyone here that loads complains about wether they are junior or senior guys. we all know it goes on. maybe it doesn't happen at your barn but I assure you I am not kidding you. and yes I saw your crybaby remark before wandering removed it. sorry if the truth hit home a little harder with you. you wouldn't dare call me anything to my face though, I would bet. the whole point of my post here in the beginning was the fact that it is BS to take 5 yrs to top out doing the same job,(sometimes more) as the guy right next to you.

why do you have to talk ::shit:: about your fellow drivers if your up set about the five year plan?? do you think those drivers made that policy?? it sounds like you need to do your job and stop trying to be the manager. do your job and others will do theirs.simple. i dont remember calling you a cry baby but i did post a u-tube video of a baby crying in reference to your post. if i did call you a baby then i needed to be redacted by wOndering. not realy sure what you meant by i wouldnt say anything in front of you??
i think i do...if interested come on down to TEXAS and we can discuss everything we talk about here.

ya'll come back now hear!?!?!
p.s.:crybaby: oopps....sorry.

ahhhh but I did'nt need to find it because I was right so now who's full of sh!t? he's talking the southern region. Here in the midwestern region it may be higher than the southern region as it is at Conway. I know it's more in the north eastern region than it is here. so put that in your know nothing pipes and smoke it. I'm paying 106.50/week for insurance. I just finished my 15 mnths during which time I had to put with their crappy @ss first year hire ins. which has a $6000/yr deductible. yes that's 3 zeros not 2. so I got the FSA plan to help with that because I have 2 kids, one with some costly medical problems. that costs me 61/week. I then put into my 401k which is not matched at all. so I'm making a lot less at first year raise than I did at no raise and it's gonna take me another 4 years to make the same as a guy who has been there 5 years while I bust my hump in the elements (ususally harder than the guy making top scale, wether you wanna beleive that or not is up to you but I do not lie, it's an ugly carachter trait to have). so tell me where it would be bad even if you were right on the lower end of ABF's pay scale. even at that they'd still be making more than you on the benefits alone. but then I guess we should forgive you, not all dri
vers are very good with elementary math skills. oh yeah and I said show me where it says anything about the pay on the other web site from ABF not the one you posted at "http://tdu.org/files/Final_MASTER_MODEL_080326_0.pdf" but then I guess you don't read very well either.
Wow I guess you want to make it personal. First off I responded to you in post #44 as far as where it is on the abf website. You missed it so I guess you can't read very well.

Then you sit here and ***** that it takes 5 years to top scale. What you didn't knowthat when you started. Everyone else had to put their time in, what makes you so special.

And yes I did challenge your buddy's numbers on here . I didn't see anyone else backing up these numbers. So how are you right. You didn't do a damn thing.

Why are we fighting one another for one thing everybody has to pay their dues so we should not wine about such things. I thought this thread was about truth in building a stronger unity among co workers not having a wine fest. Let's stand together for the good of all not the whims of the few pouty people. Life owes you nothing stand up and take what is ours.