XPO | Truth

I'm paying 106.50/week for insurance. I just finished my 15 mnths during which time I had to put with their crappy @ss first year hire ins. which has a $6000/yr deductible. yes that's 3 zeros not 2. so I got the FSA plan to help with that because I have 2 kids, one with some costly medical problems. that costs me 61/week. I then put into my 401k which is not matched at all. so I'm making a lot less at first year raise than I did at no raise and it's gonna take me another 4 years to make the same as a guy who has been there 5 years while I bust my hump in the elements.

You have been with the company for less than 18 months and already you think you rate to complain about things the way you do. IMO, you don't rate to say sh!t, your best bet is to shut up while you still have a job because sooner or later, your identity may just be discovered. I can see the senior guys having a legitimate gripe with what has happened to them over the years as the company had to shrink it's benefits and compensation package, but you're still a newb and you chose to work here having had the opportunity to made aware of what the company had to offer you. Now you wanna come on here and talk all your union B.S. like you're some sort of credible source. I hope you get sick of working here and just quit, we don't need attitudes like yours around here.

Rattlehead, don't quit.
But, you may want to re-assess your priorities here and decide where your energies will be focused for best effectiveness.

Rattlehead, don't quit.
But, you may want to re-assess your priorities here and decide where your energies will be focused for best effectiveness.

well I was looking for another job until this all happened now I'm charged and ready to stay. thhhrrrpppppppq and yes I do rate to say sh!t so u can su<k it Id. I've been in this buisness far to long to be called a newb but if it makes you feel better go ahead and name call. sticks n stones...... nah nah nah boo boo lol

well I was looking for another job until this all happened now I'm charged and ready to stay. thhhrrrpppppppq and yes I do rate to say sh!t so u can su<k it Id. I've been in this buisness far to long to be called a newb but if it makes you feel better go ahead and name call. sticks n stones...... nah nah nah boo boo lol

It's so easy to get you to show your true colors.

o.k. for the record. I did know about the 5 yr plan but it is still BS and you know it is wether you had to do it or not. I probably have given myself away with my numbers posted, don't care. I have never come out in support or against so far. In fact in another reply I made from another post I said we didn't need a union what we needed was for the drivers to stick together and tell them we aren't going to take it anymore. I have also said in the past that a union didn't mean Conway has to change how it operates, that they could have everything the way it is but we would have a say in benefits, raises, and have a little representation when it comes to unjust firings. you can't tell me you haven't seen guys that work hard here fired for some BS little chicken sh!t thing. if you think 106.50/wk justified for ins. fine, I don't. this post is about how much we get as opposed to other ltl cos. if you do the math for the average family man with kids it aint that high with all the stuff you have to fund yourself. and yes I do understand you have to do for yourself but that's why I'm working. no the insurance thing about having to wait 15 month wasn't explained to me until my first three months was almost up. I was told when I interviewed that after 90 days I would receive my benefits, that's all that was said. now that I am eligible for these benefits they have raised hgher and blamed Obama in the meeting when they told us about it. no I'm no Obama supporter but they just found a way to pay us less by raising the rates. yes I do have a right to ***** although I don't do it much. I come to work every day and work with my fos to make the company run better and I bust my @ss evry day and do the best damn job I can because that's what I do. I have been a grunt my whole life and I don't mind working for "the man" but damn it, don't give your B.O.D. a raise along with every one at the top and tell me sorry you get nothing more. my time away from my family, the work I do, and the wear n tear on my body isn't cheap. as wondering said "you guys are killing me" lol. go ahead and settle for mediocrity.

Hello. I would like to set the record straight about the pay scale at ABF, at least for the southern region. I work for ABF in North Little Rock, AR. and I am the lead steward for the city, dock, hostle, and forklift operators at this location. The current full scale hourly rate for a full time city, dock, hostle, or forklift operator is $23.98 per hour with a 45 cent raise per hour on 04/01/2012. We have a three (3) year progression for new hires to reach full scale. If you are CDL qualified with all the required endorsements you would start at 85% ($20.38ph) for your first year. After one year, you go to 90% ($21.58ph), after two years you go to 95% ($22.78ph), and after the third year you go to full scale (currently $23.98ph). Non-CDL qualified fulltime would start at 70% ($16.79ph) for the first year. After one year, you go to 75% ($17.98ph), after two years you go to 80% ($19.18ph), and after three years you go to full scale (currently $23.98ph). Our full time road drivers currently make 60.025 cents per mile and $23.90ph for drop and hooks, layovers or pretty much any other reason that they would not otherwise be making the mileage rate of pay when they are on the clock. Their progression pay for new hires is 85% for the first year, 90% after one year, 95% after two years, and full scale 100% after three years. Our Utility Employees make an extra $1.00 per hour (currently $24.98ph at full scale) with the same 85-90-95-100% progression for new hires. Our combination casual (part-time) rates are currently at $20.07ph and will increase to $20.43ph on 04/01/2012. Our pure dock casuals (part-time) make $14.00ph and that rate will stay the same thru the end of this contract which is 03/31/2013. We get time-and-one-half after 8-hours a day or 40-hours a week, and on our 6th day. On our 7th day we get double time. On holidays worked, we get double time plus holiday pay which is 8-hours straight time. Our pension and our insurance is fully paid by our employer to the Teamsters at no cost to us. I know I am a visitor on this site and I am not trying to step on anyone's toes, but I felt the record should be set straight about the rates of pay at ABF. These rates are directly out of the Teamsters National Master Freight Agreement/ Southern Region Supplemental Agreement. Again, I am not trying to step on anyone's toes, I am just trying to set the record straight. Thank You.

thanks for posting bud,unfortunately there's about 5 guys here who are either management or have there heads in yhe sand,apparently they don't want fair treatment and a better life and working conditions.i will never understand them.they think management should get all that they can,yet workers shouildn't get the same.and as they are saying that they are workers,tell me how that makes sense.anyway,thanks so much for stating the facts and in so much detail,it will be hard for them to refute!

thanks for posting bud,unfortunately there's about 5 guys here who are either management or have there heads in yhe sand,apparently they don't want fair treatment and a better life and working conditions.i will never understand them.they think management should get all that they can,yet workers shouildn't get the same.and as they are saying that they are workers,tell me how that makes sense.anyway,thanks so much for stating the facts and in so much detail,it will be hard for them to refute!

Unfortunately I feel there are some here that are lazy and don't want to work. I can paint pictures too.

Can't speak for the rest ,but UPS freight will be at 24.40p/hr an 61.69 cpm on July 1. Won't be at 66cpm until 2013 according to the contract. Not trying to influence anyone just trying to state the correct facts.

i don't know what region you're talkin about ,but they are over $26 hr in northeast,2 raises a yr,medical fully paid,pension,401k,don't remember exact mileage rate ,but was over.60c,oops you already said that,have many ex-co-workers there those were the figures told to me about 6 months ago

why do you have to talk ::shit:: about your fellow drivers if your up set about the five year plan?? do you think those drivers made that policy?? it sounds like you need to do your job and stop trying to be the manager. do your job and others will do theirs.simple. i dont remember calling you a cry baby but i did post a u-tube video of a baby crying in reference to your post. if i did call you a baby then i needed to be redacted by wOndering. not realy sure what you meant by i wouldnt say anything in front of you??
i think i do...if interested come on down to TEXAS and we can discuss everything we talk about here.

ya'll come back now hear!?!?!
p.s.:crybaby: oopps....sorry.

that's just it doppler. I don't want to be manager but I am in charge of loading one of the busiest lanes at my terminal. I'm a driver damn it not a dock worker. I have to set the trailers up, check out the plan, decide (or at least suggest/ but yet decide) what head loads are to be made, close aut the trailers, let the fos know when I need them switched (it would be easier if I just had a radio to call them) and the whole time I have senior guys asking me how, or if they should load something. they know what to do with it, don't ask do it. I have to set my area when I get there, find the dunnage, if there is none let them know so they can call for it, blah, blah, blah. I leave for a second to pee, or go into a trailer to build a deck, turn around and someone has docke 4-6 easy to load, provided they get off their lift and build a deck, pallets. so if I sound like I'm crying then maybe I'm using this board to vent since I am not the manager and can't scream at them at work. the worst part is when they wanna fill my dock with freight then sit there in the lane and BS with each other while I'm trying to load the crap they couldn't/wouldn't, cuz they know there's no supervisor in my area to tell them to move on. oh and Texas is too far to drive for an insult, lol. if you are a senior driver that works, and there are plenty up here too, then good for you. maybe I'd wish you were up here with them.

that's just it doppler. I don't want to be manager but I am in charge of loading one of the busiest lanes at my terminal. I'm a driver damn it not a dock worker. I have to set the trailers up, check out the plan, decide (or at least suggest/ but yet decide) what head loads are to be made, close aut the trailers, let the fos know when I need them switched (it would be easier if I just had a radio to call them) and the whole time I have senior guys asking me how, or if they should load something. they know what to do with it, don't ask do it. I have to set my area when I get there, find the dunnage, if there is none let them know so they can call for it, blah, blah, blah. I leave for a second to pee, or go into a trailer to build a deck, turn around and someone has docke 4-6 easy to load, provided they get off their lift and build a deck, pallets. so if I sound like I'm crying then maybe I'm using this board to vent since I am not the manager and can't scream at them at work. the worst part is when they wanna fill my dock with freight then sit there in the lane and BS with each other while I'm trying to load the crap they couldn't/wouldn't, cuz they know there's no supervisor in my area to tell them to move on. oh and Texas is too far to drive for an insult, lol. if you are a senior driver that works, and there are plenty up here too, then good for you. maybe I'd wish you were up here with them.

I did what you did a long time ago. We won the King-Of-The-Hill-Award countless times which equated to steak on the grill for everybody at the terminal. - Except we loaded pups. Conway drivers pulled our own freight.

There were typically 3 pups at one time and over the course of the night 14 or so would pull out cubed. While us 2 DSR's were scanning the dock for what's next to load, we were always on the look out for what was being docked, which is what most did. Loaders usually preferred it that way and those guys and gals knew it. Most would ask and when we saw something good, it was directed to a trailer or a dock spot. About 1AM upon return from our coffee, there was a heap of freight and it was viewed as more to work from and not as way to blame those bringing it down the dock. And the FAC was liking their steak dinners. I have a plan when I load and I really don't like having to take freight back out that's disrupting the whole scheme of things.

Today when I see someone loading a trailer or clearing the dock, I try to get their attention and am usually directed top dock, 'cause they've got a plan.

I agree with Idgarrit, if you are so unhappy with the company, then instead of trying to drag everybody else down, why don't you just quit and go to another truck line. Normally the grass isn't always greener over there, usually the trucks and uniforms are just a different color.

if you had a clue,we're trying to make it BETTER for everyone.why on earth would we want to make it worse for anyone.ask the baseball players if they like a union,they used to have to work a second job til they unionized,same with football players,teachers,we're even trying to make it better for you kool-aiders even though you don't deserve it,apparently you like getting dumped on and led around by the nose and have no say in how you're treated,boy that sounds like fun

if you had a clue,we're trying to make it BETTER for everyone.why on earth would we want to make it worse for anyone.ask the baseball players if they like a union,they used to have to work a second job til they unionized,same with football players,teachers,we're even trying to make it better for you kool-aiders even though you don't deserve it,apparently you like getting dumped on and led around by the nose and have no say in how you're treated,boy that sounds like fun

"even though you don't deserve it"...
man you said it all right there brother! You scream unity and all for one and then you turn around and tell me how you're better than me and I don't deserve it? Send me 10 cards, I'm feeling frisky now! Man, and to think our kool-aid tasted better than yours. Boy have I been wrong or what?

You say make it better, I say you may only accomplish making it different.

Speaking of unions and football...what is it now, like day 119 of the lockout? Sounds like progress.

Your spelling tells me that you are the ignorant one. Go take a job with roadway. We don't need ignorant people working here but unions love your kind. Ignorant.

Your spelling tells me that you are the ignorant one. Go take a job with roadway. We don't need ignorant people working here but unions love your kind. Ignorant.

Wow, that is a pretty big generalization. What kind of people does Conway love working for them?

Last edited by a moderator: