XPO | Undercover Boss

Speaking of bosses. Any of you CW guys here know anything about the former TM @ XAU?

Speaking of bosses. Any of you CW guys here know anything about the former TM @ XAU?

Lots of people getting shuffled right now. Way to much to try and keep up on. Did the fella from XAU find his way to you boys over there ? I'll ask around Monday.

And I know it was a beautiful sunny day, but it's still cool as :::shit::: that the guy was running a set down the highway. Not just backing a pup into a wide open dock. Only way to have gotten more cred for what he did would have been to drag trips somewhere.

Just seeing Dave get out there and identify w/ us drivers speaks volumes of the guy's character,( care and concern), to walk a mile in our shoes is awesome. You guys at OD must be very fond of him. I know if Conway/XPO had I a guy like this, I be happy as a clam. I for one am green w/ envy.

OD has a massive terminal off of I-40 in North Carolina (Kernsville ?) It seems like it is about 350 doors also. Way bigger than anything I've ever seen.

Side note: Any top management person that is willing to get behind the wheel and see what his employees go through every day gets respect from me instantly. That's my kind of boss.
:1036316054:

Biggest one in NC is Greensboro but that's not really visible from the interstate, and is on 85 anyway... Morristown TN is about 400 doors, but it's off 81 x4.

Thx driver...that facility is massive!

Yes it is... Best part tho is linehaul just pulls in by the fuel bay, drops the set whole, the pile of dollies is right in front of you, loaded trailers in 2 big lines to your left, slots numbered. You can get in and out of HAR 30 or less if you have no maintenance issues to deal with and if the fuel bay isn't backed up.

Yes it is... Best part tho is linehaul just pulls in by the fuel bay, drops the set whole, the pile of dollies is right in front of you, loaded trailers in 2 big lines to your left, slots numbered. You can get in and out of HAR 30 or less if you have no maintenance issues to deal with and if the fuel bay isn't backed up.

Awesome...what an operation! I wonder if Conway/XPO has anything similar?

Biggest one in NC is Greensboro but that's not really visible from the interstate, and is on 85 anyway... Morristown TN is about 400 doors, but it's off 81 x4.
10-4. That's the one that I was referring to. I've only seen it on the computer while doing some research a while back. Someone put a youtube video or something on here, so I ended up searching a little deeper.
The place is massive.
Thanks for the correction.

Just seeing Dave get out there and identify w/ us drivers speaks volumes of the guy's character,( care and concern), to walk a mile in our shoes is awesome. You guys at OD must be very fond of him. I know if Conway/XPO had I a guy like this, I be happy as a clam. I for one am green w/ envy.

OD green that is !

10-4. That's the one that I was referring to. I've only seen it on the computer while doing some research a while back. Someone put a youtube video or something on here, so I ended up searching a little deeper.
The place is massive.
Thanks for the correction.

They had a dock worker climb on a forklift and take a lap around the dock while they timed him. Took about 25 min.

I'm sitting here watching this show wondering what would happen if our CEO Brad Jacobs or LTL chief Tony Brooks pulled this off?

Personally , I think it would be an eye opener for the "boss" on linehaul or in the city. Would you recognize one of these guys in disguise? Would you get fired or embarrassed with an undercover "boss"? Or would you be the person to make the "boss" see the light?

Why does he need a disguise??? Oh I know because a lot of drive's talk a lot of :crap:, but when he standing in front of you in a meeting your as quite as a church mouse.

Our CEO didn't go undercover. Ours has a CDL...
I remember back in the day when the owner of companies were the ones who started them. I work for American Freightways and the own built that company out of sweet and tears. He had some much respect for his drivers because he was one.
These f##king CEO now have no clue. Hey Brad why don't you and all you VPs stick a dam PRO sticker on you head and travel around and see what we do day in and day out.

I remember back in the day when the owner of companies were the ones who started them. I work for American Freightways and the own built that company out of sweet and tears. He had some much respect for his drivers because he was one.
These f##king CEO now have no clue. Hey Brad why don't you and all you VPs stick a dam PRO sticker on you head and travel around and see what we do day in and day out.
It would be appreciated to see ANY executives checking things out first hand.

They're all wrapped up in making their numbers. Remember what their goal is...to be the most profitable LTL in the LTL biz.
No one will ever catch Old Dominion .... That's a joke. On average they operate in the mid 80's .... No one is even close and part of the reason is the culture of that company and the business model.

It would be appreciated to see ANY executives checking things out first hand.

The only way that I see any of them is on youtube videos. To be fair to these guys...maybe they are making the effort to visit as many sic's as they possibly can. Maybe I'll get to see one of them before I'm done here. Nah...that ain't gonna happen, we're not just Conway and Menlo anymore...we're a global brand w/ 84,000 employees now. Wow!!!

No one will ever catch Old Dominion .... That's a joke. On average they operate in the mid 80's .... No one is even close and part of the reason is the culture of that company and the business model.

Yeah Train I realize that...you know that...and I'll bet everybody else in the LTL biz is privy to OD's fantastic OR numbers. The guys upstairs at our helm are just trying to incite us to attempt to chase after and surpass OD's success. Will that ever happen? It's possible...but a very steep, rough and slippery hill to climb. I doubt that it will happen any time soon, if ever. Having said that ...as always, time will eventually tell.