FedEx Freight | Unfair Raise

ST when I get my car fixed I am not an employee of the mechanic, I am a customer. I believe there is a difference. The guy working on my car obviously wants his fair share of what the garage is making fixing my car though.
PT is thinking that ST shouldn't wonder to far...... He might get lost.

You're trying way too hard to be angry here. Really, if you believe your own post, offer the mechanic an extra 10% so he can earn a "living wage".

ST

You're trying way too hard to be angry here. Really, if you believe your own post, offer the mechanic an extra 10% so he can earn a "living wage".

ST
ST you are definitely missing the point. These terminals are in the same area. If you are going to offer a dollar for one then it is only right that the other terminal gets the dollar also. To use your business model approach, if you had the money to offer the two terminals then you should have made sure you had the money for all three. FedEx uses the union approach of paying the same wage to all. Its not this garage business of paying for the better service that you are trying to imply. You are also using a customer/company approach not a employer/employee relationship. Again you can twist this and manipulate it all you want. It is not right but go ahead there MR ST keep trying. Maybe you'll change my mind.

Fedex will pay what the market demands. IMO, there are plenty of overpaid Freight drivers. There are a few that are underpaid.
FedEX is the one that has decided to use the union model of paying the same wage to all and not paying for the more qualified driver. I wouldn't work here if that was the case. Definitely way to much favoritism. From my experience whenever you have a pay for better experience, usually it is he who can :butt kiss: the most that gets promoted not the more experienced employee.

ST you are definitely missing the point. These terminals are in the same area. If you are going to offer a dollar for one then it is only right that the other terminal gets the dollar also. To use your business model approach, if you had the money to offer the two terminals then you should have made sure you had the money for all three. FedEx uses the union approach of paying the same wage to all. Its not this garage business of paying for the better service that you are trying to imply. You are also using a customer/company approach not a employer/employee relationship. Again you can twist this and manipulate it all you want. It is not right but go ahead there MR ST keep trying. Maybe you'll change my mind.

PT, what are you smoking??? FedEx doesn't use the union approach. In my area there are 3 facilities within a 33 mile radius of each other, one gets a higher wage than the other two. Simple reason, the two lower paid facilities are constantly swamped with applications. The higher paid one struggles to hire anyone. End of story. It's called supply and demand. And one of the lower paid centers is only 12 miles away. They get less because they can hire in a heartbeat.

ST wondering about PT's sanity....

Last edited by a moderator:
PT, what are you smoking??? FedEx doesn't use the union approach. In my area there are 3 facilities within a 33 mile radius of each other, one gets a higher wage than the other two. Simple reason, the two lower paid facilities are constantly swamped with applications. The higher paid one struggles to hire anyone. End of story. It's called supply and demand. And one of the lower paid centers is only 12 miles away. They get less because they can hire in a heartbeat.

ST wondering about PT's sanity....
ST I told you not to wonder you might get lost. Well, you have done it because you are definitely lost. Fed Ex uses the union approach by paying the same wage to employees in each service center by category. Now there is some differences but they definitely run this place similar to a union shop. In my opinion and I am sure others will agree it is to keep the union out. Also it doesn't take a rocket scientist like ST to realize that a terminal 12 miles apart can be pulling off the same driver pool. So what are the real reasons one terminal is having trouble acquiring quality drivers?
Off the record I wish I could smoke something, It definitely would be easier to work here and understand your philosophy.
PT is starting to wonder if ST is senile........:wink:

ST I told you not to wonder you might get lost. Well, you have done it because you are definitely lost. Fed Ex uses the union approach by paying the same wage to employees in each service center by category. Now there is some differences but they definitely run this place similar to a union shop. In my opinion and I am sure others will agree it is to keep the union out. Also it doesn't take a rocket scientist like ST to realize that a terminal 12 miles apart can be pulling off the same driver pool. So what are the real reasons one terminal is having trouble acquiring quality drivers?
Off the record I wish I could smoke something, It definitely would be easier to work here and understand your philosophy.

Fedex is ran nothing like a union shop, I spent 7 yrs at AF fedex, if you have that in your head, you don't know how a union shop is ran, ya told me you worked for Roadway, you should know better PT, there is nothing at fedex that remotely resembles a union, the only reason they pay what they do is so they can retain and hire a high quality employee and to keep the threat of the union away.

Fedex is ran nothing like a union shop, I spent 7 yrs at AF fedex, if you have that in your head, you don't know how a union shop is ran, ya told me you worked for Roadway, you should know better PT, there is nothing at fedex that remotely resembles a union, the only reason they pay what they do is so they can retain and hire a high quality employee and to keep the threat of the union away.
OK, what about seniority boards maybe I am wrong but was this not started by the unions way back when. What about bidding start times ? Wasn't this stated by unions ? You go back about thirty years and the union shops dominated the LTL sector. A lot of the union companies way of dong things have bled over to the no-union carriers. Also FEDEX has made an attempt at a grievance procedure. There is a hot line in your employee book for issues. Although not as affected as a grievence this is their way of offering a grievance procedure.
Just my .00000001 of a cent
PT

OK, what about seniority boards maybe I am wrong but was this not started by the unions way back when. What about bidding start times ? Wasn't this stated by unions ? You go back about thirty years and the union shops dominated the LTL sector. A lot of the union companies way of dong things have bled over to the no-union carriers. Also FEDEX has made an attempt at a grievance procedure. There is a hot line in your employee book for issues. Although not as affected as a grievence this is their way of offering a grievance procedure.
Just my .00000001 of a cent
PT

You can color it any way you choose, Fedex is ran nothing like a union, so what they bid starts, or vacation, or runs, everyone does that, the main reason is that things can change in an instant PT, you have no set rules, you have no REAL grievance rule, a hot line, please...I don't even have to enter my bosses office without my steward in tow.

Stop trying to pretend, I'm not sure what your agenda is here, I can assure you if its not pure, you will be exposed, I suggest you relax.

I really think the raise will never be fair because , is , I dont care where you live or who you are that number the use is unfair by most people you talk to is unfair, why they dont take the average across the board and give everybody the same . You chose to live there so SUCK IT UP or move some where it is cheaper or do like most AMERICIANS do is do without which this entitled country cant seem to do. Just keep spending someone working will pay for it !

I really think the raise will never be fair because , is , I dont care where you live or who you are that number the use is unfair by most people you talk to is unfair, why they dont take the average across the board and give everybody the same . You chose to live there so SUCK IT UP or move some where it is cheaper or do like most AMERICIANS do is do without which this entitled country cant seem to do. Just keep spending someone working will pay for it !

FF, how are we going deliver freight in LA, when no one in their right mind will live there for Arkansas wages??? Guess we just close out that market!

ST

OK PT, just admit it, you're a barista at starbucks who overheard a couple of fedex drivers talking about their jobs! And so you came on here to stir the pot because you're horribly bored with your pathetic life at the coffee shop????

You certainly aren't a longtime employee in the industry, because you keep arguing points that are absurd....go back to the coffee shop and make a latte!!!

ST

FF, how are we going deliver freight in LA, when no one in their right mind will live there for Arkansas wages??? Guess we just close out that market!

ST
That could very well happen! I mean the Illegals have already ruined California. If we just brokered our California Linehaul operations out... It would be a smart move. Just go ahead and kill California it is beautiful but it is in a Stage 4 cancer fight. The Legislature does not care what the taxpayers vote, they will continue to move us to their "Utopia". Balkanization should begin and end in California.

How nice of Popcorn to volunteer to be replaced!!! And in the process for his job to go to some poor underprivileged soul who fled a third world toilet to come north to the land of opportunity!!!