ABF | Uniforms

I'm hearing UOTE="canaryinthemine, post: 922208, member: 6398"]We did file a grievance,...... And lost it, precisely because the current program is.,...."voluntary ",.....and doesn't follow the parameters of Art.12. What worries me more is ABF's unfettered spending on nonoperational things and ruining any chance of seeing a" bonus" ..........deliberately, I might add....
I'm hearing it's going to be mandatory not voluntary?[/QUOT

abf lost the upack and cube money so a bonus is all but never going to happen. abf logistics pays us to haul the cubes at a very discounted rate. As for the uniforms no need to cry just wear them and get used to it. IT WAS VOTED FOR! I see so many people now getting upset over things that we voted for WHY! WE VOTED FOR THIS CONTRACT AND IT PASSED! Live with it we must but lets all stop crying it does no good.

You all have not seen anything yet. The best is still yet to come. Keep voting yes and soon we will be lower than the lowest of drivers and we will have no where to go but up. Like I said abf should order dresses for our uniforms that is what we deserve as a whole.

I have yet to meet a yes voter that will say he did so when face to face. WHY IS THAT? .
Judy is doing her job and taking from our families has but millions in her family coffers and that is good for her bad for ours. But hey you all voted for it now lets learn to live with it. All for one and one for all(YEAH RIGHT!).

Seen them uniforms and I think many of you will look good in them. It has strips sort of like prison stripes and I think that is appropriate for those that voted for them.

Until the next give away bye.

Is cintas the company that is being used for every terminal? And does anyone know the total cost of this uniform fiasco? And the breakdown of the weekly cost for maintaining and cleaning? Is it possible to find these figures out?

Is cintas the company that is being used for every terminal? And does anyone know the total cost of this uniform fiasco? And the breakdown of the weekly cost for maintaining and cleaning? Is it possible to find these figures out?
It's Cintas at our terminal...in fact, we got our new 'monkey suits' today! I have a question too: Are we going to be taxed on the 'value' of this new uniform service? Anybody???

It's Cintas at our terminal...in fact, we got our new 'monkey suits' today! I have a question too: Are we going to be taxed on the 'value' of this new uniform service? Anybody???
I do not believe we will be taxed. We were not taxed with the last uniform program and work clothes are a tax deduction. Work boots, gloves etc. as are union dues.

Actually ABFer we were taxed on the last uniform policy (I have the stubs for it) but it was voluntary, with this program being mandatory I don't think they can tax us for this, but as always I can't offer tax advice since I'm not a professional:479:

Our uniforms came in last week or the first of this week they put them in the basement of our terminal with all the mice, dirt, holes from the mens room above. Those things are gonna be great. IDIOTS

I have yet to meet a yes voter that will say he did so when face to face. WHY IS THAT? .
Judy is doing her job and taking from our families has but millions in her family coffers and that is good for her bad for ours. But hey you all voted for it now lets learn to live with it. All for one and one for all(YEAH RIGHT!).
I Understand your frustration but article 12 is still there....or its supposed to be anyway, I still haven't seen a contract book. And for them to just throw it out is just....well I have no words. If this is the way of things then you are right; We aint seen nothin yet! Most of you guys have no idea how bad it can get when the union doesn't back you but you will find out. Especially when they play the "we don't have enough people" card.

Actually ABFer we were taxed on the last uniform policy (I have the stubs for it) but it was voluntary, with this program being mandatory I don't think they can tax us for this, but as always I can't offer tax advice since I'm not a professional:479:

Our uniforms came in last week or the first of this week they put them in the basement of our terminal with all the mice, dirt, holes from the mens room above. Those things are gonna be great. IDIOTS
That one slipped by me...but then what you make as much as I do you don't pay much attention to that stub outside of the hours section of it.

The difference between ABF drivers and us scabbo non union drivers.....is that we look like professionals, and most of you super special way cooler than the rest of us Union drivers look homeless.

If I had a vote I think you guys should stay with the dirty jeans and t shirt look. That way us scabby non Union guys don't get mistaken for you.

On a serious note. One of the reasons most of us would not ever work for a union company is because of guys like you Mr Canary.
12 yr teamster.. NO support from master freight boys in contract talks and we lost out BIG time.. now the company has 2000 tractors and 4500 trailers and are living on food stamps/ebt cards.... very sad,but life goes on... much more profitable now... I don't fall into the "scabbo" term.. still will respect picket lines, even if I disagree about their work philosophy....