XPO | Union Buster Information, for Management And Employees

If there is any irony in anything i said ... it is this. All the FOS positions are being filled by Field Management Trainees with absolutely no Freight or LTL Freight experience at all. At a fraction of what any experienced Driver would demand in pay to do the job. This company absolutely refuses to promote and pay an acceptable salary to a veteran driver to become a member of management. We know too much about the freight industry and won't sell the crap they are pushing these days. They expect or should i say assume the drivers will train the FOS's.
Now they are hiring dock workers and expect or assume we will train them to do that portion of our job too. Its taken me YEARS to accumulate the wealth of knowledge i have and fortify my skills to be a top notch LTL driver. And I absolutely refuse to help this company put me out of work for a brand new nobody who makes half of what i do. If this doesn't tell you that the company absolutely DOES NOT VALUE its veterans... then you deserve what you get.
Lastly, the best part is that service center managers will eventually be roped in on this little scheme too. All in the name of cutting costs and overhead. meanwhile they keep banking bigger and bigger profits and larger bonus checks.... At our expense and demise.
Hey crystal palace... Pop another 1000 dollar bottle of champagne...and toast to that! Its on us.
Conway is not special in this regard. This is happening industry wide.

Well ....! Lemme see , maybe a big pretty Crome bumper getting ripped off yesterday for starters !

You think that driver came in that morning and was thinking " i wonder if i'm going to get walked out today " I think that's exactly what he was thinking when he swiped in.
All that stress, all the harassment, the intimidation, and the constant disrespect will cause any driver to make mistakes like that! I often wonder how the typical Conway driver goes to work with a clear mind. There is no clarity in the way Conway treats their employee's. I often wonder if these drivers aren't suffering from PTSD, with the constant battles they have to put up with working at Conway!

You think that driver came in that morning and was thinking " i wonder if i'm going to get walked out today " I think that's exactly what he was thinking when he swiped in.
All that stress, all the harassment, the intimidation, and the constant disrespect will cause any driver to make mistakes like that! I often wonder how the typical Conway driver goes to work with a clear mind. There is no clarity in the way Conway treats their employee's. I often wonder if these drivers aren't suffering from PTSD, with the constant battles they have to put up with working at Conway!
It's like an instant attitude when we pull in the gate because we know exactly what's about to happen with all the stress , one of the major problems is management thinks the every newbie needs to roll out of the gate with a van 53' slammed full to the back door then say ' you better not bring any of that back or it's an loi ' , these guys are so uptight and stressed they run over everything in sight : ie fuel pumps , mail boxes , cars , buildings , parked hostler , employees , shop walls , fence & gate , other trucks and what ever else get in the way . I'm trying to locate a picture I have of triples rolled over from a two week employee and we just told the dispatcher ( do not send him out with triples because he's not ready ) And guess what ? He didn't have to worry about PTSD for long , he was fired on the spot !

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet he immediately looked in the camera on the windshield, and started crying.... "Please don't fire me! It's my first day"

It's like an instant attitude when we pull in the gate because we know exactly what's about to happen with all the stress , one of the major problems is management thinks the every newbie needs to roll out of the gate with a van 53' slammed full to the back door then say ' you better not bring any of that back or it's an loi ' , these guys are so uptight and stressed they run over everything in sight : ie fuel pumps , mail boxes , cars , buildings , parked hostler , employees , shop walls , fence & gate , other trucks and what ever else get in the way . I'm trying to locate a picture I have of triples rolled over from a two week employee and we just told the dispatcher ( do not send him out with triples because he's not ready ) And guess what ? He didn't have to worry about PTSD for long , he was fired in the spot !
whats your states policy on triples? Most of them need at least six months experience before pulling them.

whats your states policy on triples? Most of them need at least six months experience before pulling them.

I see this company running amuck all the time especially with the city guys, they are loading over 65,000 + in a van and tell the noob's to take off and deliver it , geez it's about to blow the drives out on these single axle 's . Had one pull out on the street and it ripped all the rubber off the left drive tires from the trailer lean in the turn , thank goodness is was only going about 20 mph , back to the question , I personally seen management instruct trainers to take guys right out of (school) per say and put them in a truck with three trailers drive two to three miles down the road turn around and come back and say you are now qualified ! Not only is this irresponsible it's extremely dangerous and it happens all the time !

Yeah get personal everyone knows everyone on here right . kinda funny peopledont like what others say. That's why this is here I mean we all have to read beerfd rants but so what. As dumb as they might be it is what it is right

Yeah get personal everyone knows everyone on here right . kinda funny peopledont like what others say. That's why this is here I mean we all have to read beerfd rants but so what. As dumb as they might be it is what it is right

We all vent in different ways , some good some bad , plus we all have different opinions and that's what creates this giant soup bowl of bliss . Dip your spoon in and have fun , lord knows I do !
Besides if we didn't complain about bulls..t all the time trucking boards would be a boneyard and beer would be out of business !

I see this company running amuck all the time especially with the city guys, they are loading over 65,000 + in a van and tell the noob's to take off and deliver it , geez it's about to blow the drives out on these single axle 's . Had one pull out on the street and it ripped all the rubber off the left drive tires from the trailer lean in the turn , thank goodness is was only going about 20 mph , back to the question , I personally seen management instruct trainers to take guys right out of (school) per say and put them in a truck with three trailers drive two to three miles down the road turn around and come back and say you are now qualified ! Not only is this irresponsible it's extremely dangerous and it happens all the time !
does your stare have a policy on LCV's?

does your stare have a policy on LCV's?

Not quite sure what you are asking ? For the state once you pass the test on doubles and triples your licensed , but Our barns policy is about a year of service before your allowed to , actually I've never seen the written policy so it's all hear say just like the rule book ( make stuff up as it benefits) All tho If they think you have any experience at all it's bypassed . I'll look into that tonight and see if I can find an accurate answer to the question .

Not quite sure what you are asking ? For the state once you pass the test on doubles and triples your licensed , but Our barns policy is about a year of service before your allowed to , actually I've never seen the written policy so it's all hear say just like the rule book ( make stuff up as it benefits) All tho If they think you have any experience at all it's bypassed . I'll look into that tonight and see if I can find an accurate answer to the question .
most states require a minimum 6 months experience before you can pull them. For me, it's two years experience, or 150,000 miles.

When I got qualified we came into work one morning and were told to hook up three and go.
The state changed the law and we were qualified. I got my CDL road test in my pickup also.
But that was in the late 60's

most states require a minimum 6 months experience before you can pull them. For me, it's two years experience, or 150,000 miles.

I see now what your are asking , lemme find out 100% b4 I mis-speak . I'm sure it's about the same amount or similar to .

It seems to appear our policy enforcers are at odds with one another , I ask three different managers and got three different answer , 1yr w/100,000 miles , 6 months with 50,000 miles , and last 3 months of standard drive experience . So I will eat crow on this one but I tried to get a solid answer and as usual nobody knows . Sorry I have to request a mulligan and try again later !

It seems to appear our policy enforcers are at odds with one another , I ask three different managers and got three different answer , 1yr w/100,000 miles , 6 months with 50,000 miles , and last 3 months of standard drive experience . So I will eat crow on this one but I tried to get a solid answer and as usual nobody knows . Sorry I have to request a mulligan and try again later !
No surprises there. The left hand never knows what the right hand is doing around here.