XPO | Union Buster Information, for Management And Employees

Well I see the NAY Sayers got a thread closed, I guess if the heat gets to hot get out of the kitchen!! Didn't see no name calling or cussing, just grown boys having it out!!!! Is that the behind the scenes scheme!!!!
its simple really... Just follow the rules. Attack the content of a persons post, not the person.

To all the "skilled laborers" that you speak of....they are quickly taking your skills and converting them to standard work instructions. They are fooling all of you into running your mouths about every little aspect of your job. All the years you spent perfecting your skills are being reduced down to an SWI that they "think" any dummy can follow. I for one will not help them cut my own throat. Lean is gonna lean a bunch of people out of a job! First they started by killing the line haul runs with subservice, and now they are taking all your dock positions and filling those with lower cost workers. Many people who worked here for YEARS to get the seniority to choose a early start time and take a position on the dock have been kicked out. All the time we spent making the FOS's and management look like they know what they are doing.... here comes your boot. You have been used up, and tossed to the side. And anyone who thinks they can take all those dock hours away from drivers (city p&d and line haul) and not see a reduction in your paycheck better think again. This company is on a fast track to replace as many of us as they can with (market based) lower paid, unskilled, people as it can. Layoff's are coming and they are coming far faster than anyone one suspects.

To all the "skilled laborers" that you speak of....they are quickly taking your skills and converting them to standard work instructions. They are fooling all of you into running your mouths about every little aspect of your job. All the years you spent perfecting your skills are being reduced down to an SWI that they "think" any dummy can follow. I for one will not help them cut my own throat. Lean is gonna lean a bunch of people out of a job! First they started by killing the line haul runs with subservice, and now they are taking all your dock positions and filling those with lower cost workers. Many people who worked here for YEARS to get the seniority to choose a early start time and take a position on the dock have been kicked out. All the time we spent making the FOS's and management look like they know what they are doing.... here comes your boot. You have been used up, and tossed to the side. And anyone who thinks they can take all those dock hours away from drivers (city p&d and line haul) and not see a reduction in your paycheck better think again. This company is on a fast track to replace as many of us as they can with (market based) lower paid, unskilled, people as it can. Layoff's are coming and they are coming far faster than anyone one suspects.

Welcome aboard NMA , we have a card right here for you to sign .

cant deny anything you said... Well put.

You mean we had gotten well out of control. And like a bunch of children we are testing the bounds of his patience.

He needs to be far more strict. And in time I am certain he will be.
On the eve of the latest thread closure (RIP) , I would like to apologize on your behalf... So I know you been up in arms about finding the perfect avatar and it's causing duress , lots of revulsion & anger . This is an outstanding gift to fit your needs and your super fly name ... Enjoy !

Last edited by a moderator:
If there is any irony in anything i said ... it is this. All the FOS positions are being filled by Field Management Trainees with absolutely no Freight or LTL Freight experience at all. At a fraction of what any experienced Driver would demand in pay to do the job. This company absolutely refuses to promote and pay an acceptable salary to a veteran driver to become a member of management. We know too much about the freight industry and won't sell the crap they are pushing these days. They expect or should i say assume the drivers will train the FOS's.
Now they are hiring dock workers and expect or assume we will train them to do that portion of our job too. Its taken me YEARS to accumulate the wealth of knowledge i have and fortify my skills to be a top notch LTL driver. And I absolutely refuse to help this company put me out of work for a brand new nobody who makes half of what i do. If this doesn't tell you that the company absolutely DOES NOT VALUE its veterans... then you deserve what you get.
Lastly, the best part is that service center managers will eventually be roped in on this little scheme too. All in the name of cutting costs and overhead. meanwhile they keep banking bigger and bigger profits and larger bonus checks.... At our expense and demise.
Hey crystal palace... Pop another 1000 dollar bottle of champagne...and toast to that! Its on us.

If there is any irony in anything i said ... it is this. All the FOS positions are being filled by Field Management Trainees with absolutely no Freight or LTL Freight experience at all. At a fraction of what any experienced Driver would demand in pay to do the job. This company absolutely refuses to promote and pay an acceptable salary to a veteran driver to become a member of management. We know too much about the freight industry and won't sell the crap they are pushing these days. They expect or should i say assume the drivers will train the FOS's. Now they are hiring dock workers and expect or assume we will train them to do that portion of our job too. Its taken me YEARS to accumulate the wealth of knowledge i have and fortify my skills to be a top notch LTL driver. And I absolutely refuse to help this company put me out of work for a brand new nobody who makes half of what i do. If this doesn't tell you that the company absolutely DOES NOT VALUE its veterans... then you deserve what you get. Lastly, the best part is that service center managers will eventually be roped in on this little scheme too. All in the name of cutting costs and overhead. meanwhile they keep banking bigger and bigger profits and larger bonus checks.... At our expense and demise. Hey crystal palace... Pop another 1000 dollar bottle of champagne...and toast to that! Its on us.
again, excellent post.

If there is any irony in anything i said ... it is this. All the FOS positions are being filled by Field Management Trainees with absolutely no Freight or LTL Freight experience at all. At a fraction of what any experienced Driver would demand in pay to do the job. This company absolutely refuses to promote and pay an acceptable salary to a veteran driver to become a member of management. We know too much about the freight industry and won't sell the crap they are pushing these days. They expect or should i say assume the drivers will train the FOS's.
Now they are hiring dock workers and expect or assume we will train them to do that portion of our job too. Its taken me YEARS to accumulate the wealth of knowledge i have and fortify my skills to be a top notch LTL driver. And I absolutely refuse to help this company put me out of work for a brand new nobody who makes half of what i do. If this doesn't tell you that the company absolutely DOES NOT VALUE its veterans... then you deserve what you get.
Lastly, the best part is that service center managers will eventually be roped in on this little scheme too. All in the name of cutting costs and overhead. meanwhile they keep banking bigger and bigger profits and larger bonus checks.... At our expense and demise.
Hey crystal palace... Pop another 1000 dollar bottle of champagne...and toast to that! Its on us.
A credentialled pro ltl driver is in high demand , it took years of nerves , back breaking trial & error to Achieve the know how to operate a city unit / effectively including miles behind a wheel on linehaul , Your skills are yours and nobody can take them away, so I agree ' nothings for free and I dang sure would not train my replacement . The festering of anger from these drivers is building because they see very clearly which direction were headed and what's the outcome . Alls I can say is hang in there and sign up like the rest of us so our voices will be heard loud and clear with a contract .

Yep. Yep. Yep.

On the eve of the latest thread closure (RIP) , I would like to apologize on your behalf... So I know you been up in arms about finding the perfect avatar and it's causing duress , lots of revulsion & anger . This is an outstanding gift to fit your needs and your super fly name ... Enjoy !

So he has been nice. Given warnings and closed a thread. What's next ?

A credentialled pro ltl driver is in high demand , it took years of nerves , back breaking trial & error to Achieve the know how to operate a city unit / effectively including miles behind a wheel on linehaul , Your skills are yours and nobody can take them away, so I agree ' nothings for free and I dang sure would not train my replacement .

That's why the lean team is full of noobs. At least that's the way it is at my barn.

They all wanna feel special. And they are so low on the board the may actually pay the price for their deeds.

Hey, no good deed goes unpunished.

That's why the lean team is full of noobs. At least that's the way it is at my barn.

They all wanna feel special. And they are so low on the board the may actually pay the price for their deeds.

Hey, no good deed goes unpunished.

That's true at my barn as well , we have new guys training the 'new' guys ... Huh ? , something about that just don't seem logical to me .

That's true at my barn as well , we have new guys training the 'new' guys ... Huh ? , something about that just don't seem logical to me .
Ditto. I walked in tonight and one of the linehaulers who has only been here for about 2 months has a trainee riding with him...