XPO | Union Buster Information, for Management And Employees

I sure would like to have more pay per hour and pension again but, here's what will happen if we were to vote positive for union representation. If wages and benefits go up the company(Con-Way) is going to streamline its operations in ways to make up for that money. Folks in large service centers with say 8 or less years are going to be looking for a job while folks in smaller service centers, who will actually better off, that have 2 years or less will be looking for a job also. If the fellows in Laredo think that these folks won't just go along for a few months until they have another facility up and running they are insane. This company will cut out what ever it has to in order to remain non-union. If they think they are ruthless now start up the union thing. Don't believe it,ask some of the guys who were long term employees at big "O" before they went union. There were guys there with 10-15 years of service who had to hunt new jobs. If it came down to a vote at our location I'd have to vote no. I just wish that the upper management folks would get there head out of their butts and get back in the freight business and grow the company so we would all have a good job for a long time. I think that they have lost sight of what it is that they have to sell. We don't sell cameras and numbers. I've never seen cameras and numbers put one stick of freight on a wagon. Get back to taking care of our customers first the employee second and the shareholder last. I they would do these things there wouldn't be any mention of a union. Just my opinion as a driver.
I've talked to plenty of high seniority Conway drivers with 15,20,30 years of service that said 10-15 years ago i would have never thought about calling the union for help, they didn't need it. Now it's a different story, you comment about your company getting back to the freight business is spot on. They forget that a happy employee is a productive employee! And a happy productive employee tends to stay non-union!

Beerfd this was our first raise in a long time giving back what they stolebis not a raisenot sure how LDA allegedly got one every year or where u get that fact. Maybe go do your doctor today and see how much u pay out of pocket now if u haven't yet. The ins sucks. Used to be good here. Not sure how long u have worked here so u might no remember how it used to be . I think that is why drivers are a little pissed and disappointed.

I've talked to plenty of high seniority Conway drivers with 15,20,30 years of service that said 10-15 years ago i would have never thought about calling the union for help, they didn't need it. Now it's a different story, you comment about your company getting back to the freight business is spot on. They forget that a happy employee is a productive employee! And a happy productive employee tends to stay non-union!
And the law allows people like you to prey upon them for money by telling them lies about pension and free I insurance. I hope conway legal reads all this stuff so they'll have a case. The so-called pension is mentioned by you, Mr. Joe, and other teamster members several times. It gives people a false sense of security and then they sign cards. I believe that you are making up the fact that several people are contacting your organization. You guys put it out there so that others will think its a good idea to join. If you look at this forum, only a couple people( that are actually currently employed by conway), support you...most of those giving you high-fives and kisses are retired or have quit. But anyways you are breaking the law by promising that stuff.

Beerfd this was our first raise in a long time giving back what they stolebis not a raisenot sure how LDA allegedly got one every year or where u get that fact. Maybe go do your doctor today and see how much u pay out of pocket now if u haven't yet. The ins sucks. Used to be good here. Not sure how long u have worked here so u might no remember how it used to be . I think that is why drivers are a little pissed and disappointed.
After we got back the 5%, then there was 2% then 4%, then this last one 8% on the hourly pay.
On the insurance , I use the company paid HRA. There is no out of pocket. Til the money runs out. So if I go to the Dr. Office..there is no co-pay. 19.5$ / WK. Premium.
And I'm only answering the question..so all you guys here don't jump on me saying how stupid I am or anything..I just answered the question on the doctor visit. That all I was doing.

Don't be so sensitive driver it took five years to get the five back was my point its OK calm down not sure y u consider ur ins a raise

Insurance does suck pay is closer to where it needs to be for some not all overtime needs to be addressed and handled properly in the south I don't care what they say this will always be a nail in there side until they addressee it and correct this issue !! The 401 k needs to be restored to what was promised when they took away the pension for all drivers including new hires !!!

And the law allows people like you to prey upon them for money by telling them lies about pension and free I insurance. I hope conway legal reads all this stuff so they'll have a case. The so-called pension is mentioned by you, Mr. Joe, and other teamster members several times. It gives people a false sense of security and then they sign cards. I believe that you are making up the fact that several people are contacting your organization. You guys put it out there so that others will think its a good idea to join. If you look at this forum, only a couple people( that are actually currently employed by conway), support you...most of those giving you high-fives and kisses are retired or have quit. But anyways you are breaking the law by promising that stuff.

He ain't breaking any laws. Cause he ain't really representing anything.

Just another internet Rambo.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you go back to ALL my post you will see that i have ALWAYS stated that i never promise anything. I have never promised a pension and i have never promised better health care. I have always stated that those things COULD be negotiated into a contract if the employee's of Conway want them. So cut out the BS and stop spinning your lies.
And please call legal! You think that scares me??!! You think by you telling me i'm "breaking the law" i will going to back off?? Get educated before you post son!

After we got back the 5%, then there was 2% then 4%, then this last one 8% on the hourly pay.
On the insurance , I use the company paid HRA. There is no out of pocket. Til the money runs out. So if I go to the Dr. Office..there is no co-pay. 19.5$ / WK. Premium.
And I'm only answering the question..so all you guys here don't jump on me saying how stupid I am or anything..I just answered the question on the doctor visit. That all I was doing.
You must have the "managers cadillac plan" No one i've talked to is paying that little for their plans!

Don't be so sensitive driver it took five years to get the five back was my point its OK calm down not sure y u consider ur ins a raise
I'm sorry but the 5% pay cut was back within 18 months. Then 4% and 8% raises. Followed. Just stating facts. I've been using the same insurance deal for three years..they've offered it for three years now. I'm calm...not excited..just trying to help.

If you go back to ALL my post you will see that i have ALWAYS stated that i never promise anything. I have never promised a pension and i have never promised better health care. I have always stated that those things COULD be negotiated into a contract if the employee's of Conway want them. So cut out the BS and stop spinning your lies.
And please call legal! You think that scares me??!! You think by you telling me i'm "breaking the law" i will going to back off?? Get educated before you post son!
I was just letting you know. You can do what you want. We are doing stuff behind the scenes... not going to put it all out here.

You must have the "managers cadillac plan" No one i've talked to is paying that little for their plans!
That's a health savings account plan. After you use up the allowed amount, you are basically up poop-creek if anything else happens that year. Not a plan that anyone with a family or any kind of health problems could use.

I pay around $80 a week for health, dental and vision on myself, the wife and three kids. That's the best PPO plan the company offers.

Honestly the coverage isn't too bad, but I wish the company would use a different company to manage the plans. Cigna is crap.

The insurance has definitely got worse over the last few years. When I got hired, you got decent coverage after the first 3 months. Now, you have to wait a full 15 months to get the normal insurance. No way in hell I would wait that long for insurance if I had to go back and do it all over again. There's no reason a company this large can't offer decent insurance after 3 months like all the other companies do.

But it all goes back to the fact that this company has done it to themselves. It's their own fault that they can't find drivers because of stupid things like this.

That's a health savings account plan. After you use up the allowed amount, you are basically up poop-creek if anything else happens that year. Not a plan that anyone with a family or any kind of health problems could use.

I pay around $80 a week for health, dental and vision on myself, the wife and three kids. That's the best PPO plan the company offers.

Honestly the coverage isn't too bad, but I wish the company would use a different company to manage the plans. Cigna is crap.
Oh, and don't forget the BS extra $30 a WEEK charge if your spouse can get insurance through their employer. Luckily, my wife is a stay at home mom, so they can shove their $30 fee up their crapper.

That is a lie. You promised me in all caps. You remember. Don't you ?

And you mislead people saying that something COULD happen. I COULD win the lottery. For F's sakes.

Out of pocket maximum is like $5K. And I pay $5.50 a week. With the first $1500 paid. How is that up any poop creek ?