XPO | Union Debate and News

What means does the union have to pressure the company? What if the company won't work with the mediator?

Mediator means middle, average, mean, median..When they see what we pay and how we have better than the average of companies in our industry.. they'll probably just scratch their head and say "what do you people want" Ok, give them seniority rights. Wow, we already have that. Go ahead pay the union your money, you won't get nothing special.
And by saying they will pressure the company= calling for a strike.. yeah, right these guys say they can't afford health insurance... you think they can afford to take off without pay?? Team IBT only knows what the disgruntled tell him. There are thousands of us happy drivers here. Some making their 90K. Aint nobody going on strike.

Generally after a NLRB election the government rules are the union and the company have one year to negotiate a contract. After that one year the company could go and ask the employees to vote the union out. Now if the company willfully drags the negotiations on (as they usually do) then the union has means to pressure the company to negotiate in good faith. If they come to an impass then a federal mediator will come to play and then things will more likely get moving.

This company made changes in 08 during the recession to stay profitable. We have almost come back to normal. We got the pay back. Did you? no.
They drag this out for a whole year or more. Why do you care anyways? Your company isn't going to be profitable again this qtr. That's what you need to worry about. We don't want to be in that situation.

So, why don't you just quit posting here.. and bend over and get ready for your next paycut! Yrc needs the money and the union says its ok.

ABF filed a lawsuit because they wanted the same concessions as YRC. They stated that YRC reneged on their part of the contract. And the courts agreed with them.

Idgarret, i see one of your post on another thread that you are a tea party activist. Being that i have never really asked a tea party truck driver this question i wanted to take this opportunity to ask.

Being that you said your a truck driver and a tea party activist, how do you compare yourself with
the tea party.

This is the same guy. He is not who he says he is. Good night gracie.

Your Right Both Parties Screwed this Country Up and its Got nothin to do with Skin Color And they are Still Screwing it up !!!
Cause they too Damed Busy Pointing Fingers at Each other Rather than Fixxing the Real Problem !!!!
Same Damed Thing Is Wrong at Con~way All the Top Brass Pointing Finger s At Each other Saying Its Your Fault You Did It Now you Fix IT !!
Meanwhile Nobody is Fixxing The Damed Problem And Things Just Keep Getting Worse !! So My ??? is When Does This RollerCoaster Stop !!
We All Better Pray it Does Before We all get Derailed !!!

couldn't have said it better.

Sent from my A854 using Tapatalk

Yeah, that crazy.. he better be looking out for the secret service to come knocking on his door.

Did that "freedom of speech" comment turn your hair follicles gray? No threat implied! The secret service have, by far, more important tasks at hand. What will the "secret service subject me to now? Waterboarding? Painful, excruciating torture? After all the BS hype about terrorists (shakin n my boots), TSA, Homeland Security, Patriot Act, etc., the both of you have strayed from your original agenda. I am crazy!!! A crazy wacked out TEAMSTER!!! Old school- no less!!! Ha.Ha.Ha. WIMPS

Did that "freedom of speech" comment turn your hair follicles gray? No threat implied! The secret service have, by far, more important tasks at hand. What will the "secret service subject me to now? Waterboarding? Painful, excruciating torture? After all the BS hype about terrorists (shakin n my boots), TSA, Homeland Security, Patriot Act, etc., the both of you have strayed from your original agenda. I am crazy!!! A crazy wacked out TEAMSTER!!! Old school- no less!!! Ha.Ha.Ha. WIMPS
I don't think it is a good idea to mention the assassination of one black public figure, when your refering to another black public figure. Your the one whom strayed off topic, not us.

TeamIBT it's a shame that you hurt your cause by getting banned. I wonder what Randy thinks of you coming on here implying that you were him?

Thank you TeamIBT for coming on here and sharing your knowledge with us. These pro-company people don't know what to come back with besides taking stabs at YRC. Bend over is what Con-way did because they had no vote when it came to pay cuts. YRC members did and felt it was best to vote yes on pay cuts. You're more than welcome to come on our new blog to help educate and answer questions. If you want the site just message me.

Ok smarty pants..why don't they vote their pay to be re-established? Also your boy teamibt was a fake and has been banned, just in case you haven't noticed. So you been suckin' up to a phoney .. what do you think about that??

That blog is full of bs for you simple-minded to believe. Only positive stuff gets posted. Your stupid enough to believe all that, go ahead..ain't nothing going to happen .

And he came on here talking up YRC. I didn't start it, I just set the record straight.. what do you think about that? :•|

IBT is useless as tits on a Boar. What these bloggers dont understand is that the IBT is a BUSINESS, a business with so much legacy costs, they will be out of business, and soon. Hopefully the Prez doesnt bail them out, but i would be hard pressed to believe that he would not. Since Jimmy and the big O are in a love affair. Been with Conway for 14 yrs and have never seen anyone lose their job for no 1 infraction. The IBT offers nothing, since they have no negotiating power, cannot force anyone to do anything, and are basically puppets of the corp anyway.

IBT is useless as tits on a Boar. What these bloggers dont understand is that the IBT is a BUSINESS, a business with so much legacy costs, they will be out of business, and soon. Hopefully the Prez doesnt bail them out, but i would be hard pressed to believe that he would not. Since Jimmy and the big O are in a love affair. Been with Conway for 14 yrs and have never seen anyone lose their job for no 1 infraction. The IBT offers nothing, since they have no negotiating power, cannot force anyone to do anything, and are basically puppets of the corp anyway.

I have seen this first hand. You speak a lot of truth.

I don't think it is a good idea to mention the assassination of one black public figure, when your refering to another black public figure. Your the one whom strayed off topic, not us.

That's interesting,your buddy ldgarrit, post #364, strayed off topic first. Why, are you "Black"? Political correctness would call them African American or *****. Not the color of their skin!

Political correctness would call them African American or *****. Not the color of their skin!

What the hell? Do you have any idea what "*****" means? Many black people in this world are neither of African descent nor are they American.

My apologies. Had to get involved in A/R today and I don't do too well with folks that don't pay their bills on time. Patience a little short today.

My apologies. Had to get involved in A/R today and I don't do too well with folks that don't pay their bills on time. Patience a little short today.

Apology accepted. That is why we ALL should focus on the original post which was........?

Union debate and news!

That's interesting,your buddy ldgarrit, post #364, strayed off topic first. Why, are you "Black"? Political correctness would call them African American or *****. Not the color of their skin!

I don't care about political correctness. I was just saying(as would any even minded person) that you shouldn't mention the assasination of MLK when refering to Herman Cain. People could get the wrong Idea. That's all. Let's don't continue this. So please don't reply.

Does this mean you get the last laugh?

BEERFD.
"I don't care about political correctness. I was just saying(as would any even minded person) that you shouldn't mention the assasination of MLK when refering to Herman Cain. People could get the wrong Idea. That's all. Let's don't continue this. So please don't reply."

Does this mean, the mentally ill, such as myself, cannot post/comment on Conway boards?
We both agree on Freedom of Speech, the Constitution, the 27 amendments, right?

Ha. Ha. OK. I'll sniff lamb butt on this thread but don't expect any future favors!

Last edited by a moderator: