XPO | Union Debate and News

I guess that freedom of speech would also coverall those pm's that i get telling me i have an anatomy part in my mouth...

I read on another message board that nothing is going to happen with this organizing thingy.. that was from teamster people on there. We can all relax now.

You read it on the internet so it has to be true.I do have to admit you do make me smile every once in a while.
I read on another message board that nothing is going to happen with this organizing thingy.. that was from teamster people on there. We can all relax now.

:fingure:is it fair for me a 21 year employee almost perfact record not to get my eight hours because i share my bid with 2 an 5 year employes bull**** your seniorty is in the ****er bring in the horses

ok heres the dealio unions and the democratic party have a huge roll in why we are where we are at today. democrats namely bill clinton signed nafta ,ok you cant argue that bcuz it is fact and corporations mainly automakers who i do believe are members of the uaw using nafta have moved the high paying jobs out of the u.s ,using something that a liberal president signed so the president signs the order and the union companies move the jobs taking full advantage of somebody whom they support financially and politically while the unions stand by and do what?what do they do?seriously what do they do?when will you people realize that you are pawns in a game.nothing more

ok heres the dealio unions and the democratic party have a huge roll in why we are where we are at today. democrats namely bill clinton signed nafta ,ok you cant argue that bcuz it is fact and corporations mainly automakers who i do believe are members of the uaw using nafta have moved the high paying jobs out of the u.s ,using something that a liberal president signed so the president signs the order and the union companies move the jobs taking full advantage of somebody whom they support financially and politically while the unions stand by and do what?what do they do?seriously what do they do?when will you people realize that you are pawns in a game.nothing more

NAFTA was initially pursued by politicians in the United States and Canada supportive of free trade, led by Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney, U.S. President George H. W. Bush, and the Mexican President Carlos Salinas de Gortari. The three countries signed NAFTA in December 1992

NAFTA was initially pursued by politicians in the United States and Canada supportive of free trade, led by Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney, U.S. President George H. W. Bush, and the Mexican President Carlos Salinas de Gortari. The three countries signed NAFTA in December 1992

Now thats a FACT. Republican and Democrat, the right and left nuts of the giant C$%K thats F$%#ING the American working man. If we all just bought stuff made in America NAFTA would be meaningless. I drive a Toyota and the wife has a KIA, both made in America believe it or not.

Let us not forget Jimmy Carter the father of deregulation.
Then again many here were not but a glimmer in their daddy's eyes back then.

radman said:
Now thats a FACT. Republican and Democrat, the right and left nuts of the giant C$%K thats F$%#ING the American working man. If we all just bought stuff made in America NAFTA would be meaningless. I drive a Toyota and the wife has a KIA, both made in America believe it or not.

And the Camero is made in Canada. Go figure. Heart beat of America.

And that sir, is why we don't need a contract. It distracts from the business of moving freight and making money. Look at YRC's stock price, it's not working out for them..we don't need that here. We're all good hard workers, whom do whatever job is in front of us.

How come the only union company you ever mention is YRC?
Conways high/low stock price this past year $42.38-20.56.
ABF high/low stock price this past year $29.08-14.22.

ABF pays master freight wages of over $24. Paid medical insurance with $15? co-pay. $8000 per year FREE pension contribution. Did I forget anything?

ABF pays master freight wages of over $24. Paid medical insurance with $15? co-pay. $8000 per year FREE pension contribution. Did I forget anything?
he only mentions YRC because he is a little HELPLESS SHEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!as a matter of FACT, yrc was supposed to be out of business by now,guess what beerfd,they're not out of business,their restructuring is COMPLETE,they are taking back market share,they are buying new equipment,and as for the 15% cuts the workforce took to stay in business,just was told by a yrc driver that when the current contract is up next year,bargaining starts at the old figures and you can't bargain down.in other words genius the 15% cuts are given back and they'll get a raise,contract,pension,free medical,etc

he only mentions YRC because he is a little HELPLESS SHEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!as a matter of FACT, yrc was supposed to be out of business by now,guess what beerfd,they're not out of business,their restructuring is COMPLETE,they are taking back market share,they are buying new equipment,and as for the 15% cuts the workforce took to stay in business,just was told by a yrc driver that when the current contract is up next year,bargaining starts at the old figures and you can't bargain down.in other words genius the 15% cuts are given back and they'll get a raise,contract,pension,free medical,etc

Told by a driver, who was told by whom? You don't know if they will get any of what they're asking for, it's not like the Teamsters are in a position to bargain with the labor market as tight as it is right now. It's going to be an employer's market for some time to come.

I don't know who told you that. But they are wrong. They agreed to do the give backs through 2014. Neither the union or the company want to renegotiate until after Obamacare goes into effect. It changes to much.

As a matter of fact, you did forget something, ABF posted a $12.3 million profit for the third qtr.

I've never said anything bad about ABF.

Come on now Slimeyboy, I thought we've moved on from this subject. I posted that over a week ago. That's before I realized how sensitive everybody was about the subject. I mention YRC because everybody uses them as a reference. If you want a union and can promise that we'll be profitable like ABF, the I'll sign a card tomorrow.. for real. The economy is getting stronger and I'm not against a union at all, like you think. I just want the company to stay profitable, so they'll be around so I can gain a paycheck.

The only reason we are getting anything back is because xco and a few others shook conway all the way to the board and they decided to throw us a bone. hoping we would calm down and it pretty much worked. Just the threat of the teamsters is a good thing and if they ever go under we are all screwed. It will be a race to the bottom and the assault on the middle class all over this country will continue.