XPO | Union Debate and News

I think you are giving way to much credit the half-ass effort in XGO. Maybe the company wants us to think that it is working with us.
They are working with us, XGO or CGO or now they are calling it FSC. Just wait and see when we get our raise, or as they are going to call it"NEW PAY PACKAGE" which is codeword for give you something on one hand and take something away on the other.

I don't know who told you that. But they are wrong. They agreed to do the give backs through 2014. Neither the union or the company want to renegotiate until after Obamacare goes into effect. It changes to much.

I believe the NMFC was extended out to March 31 of 2015 for YRC.

As a matter of fact, you did forget something, ABF posted a $12.3 million profit for the third qtr.

I've never said anything bad about ABF.

I'm only replying to one of your prior comments which reads.

Originally Posted by beerfd
And that sir, is why we don't need a contract. It distracts from the business of moving freight and making money. Look at YRC's stock price, it's not working out for them..we don't need that here. We're all good hard workers, whom do whatever job is in front of us.

In this comment I see a correlation between union/contract and YRC. Just because YRC has fallen on hard times doesn't technically mean a Teamster shop wouldn't benefit the Conway employees. Hence the comment about ABF who ALSO work under a Teamster contract.

I know some of the things said behind my back. That's fine. The same guys who talk behind my back are the same ones who ***** and whine every single morning they come back from linehaul. Its not just the linehaul guys. There are a couple on days that think I don't know what they say. Most don't bother me, but some of you that I have considered friends have turned your backs just because of where I stand on this. I don't get why guys think I have some ulterior motive for doing this. Why can't it be that I just want something better for all of us? I get the "You're just angry because of what you lost" statement allot. I understand some of you are just glad to be employed somewhere. But I am better than that. We are better than that. We made this company what it is. Everyone here continues to make this company what is. They are making money hand over fist and continue to treat us like crap. I don't need to go into the specifics again. We have beat that horse to death on here. The same arguments over and over again. This may not go anywhere. I will keep trying to fight to get a voice for us as DSRs. We don't have one now.
Excellent post brother. You Conway folks work for a bunch of bullies who CURRENTLY hold all the power. And until huge numbers of you start supporting guys like this poster, and quit back biting the sources of change, the domination will continue. I for one, commend your unselfish efforts brother. TE out....

Back stabbing sucks

Are you saying I am stabbing him in the back ? You aren't being very clear. Is it your belief that because we are different sides of this issue that we should be barbaric towards each other ? He is a grown man. I will treat him as such. We disagree. Simple as that. There is no hostility.

I do not think any differently of him now as I did before news of settlement the came out. I see a similiar thing happening to Cain that I saw happen to Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and I would point out that the allegations made by Anita Hill toward Justice Thomas eventually proved out to be false. I think the same thing will happen with Cain and it will have little negative effect on his campaign going forward. He continues to raise funds like a frontrunner and he is at the top of the polls for 2012 GOP nomination as of Oct 31. If I were you, I wouldn't get my hopes up that this so called scandal will bring the man down any time soon.

Did you even read this story??? Unnamed sources...none of the other women want to speak. Next thing you know he will have state troppers bringing his coworkers to his office or having a fling and child while your wife is dying of cancer or maybe paying off your baby's momma with funds from a non-profit group or... wait those were democraps...my bad

I don't think you are helping Cain by comparing him to Thomas.

Are you also a fan of Scalia and the Koch Brothers?

Doesn't matter if I like these people or not, because it has no relevance to the subject at hand. If Cain were a Democrat in the same situation and I asked you if you were a fan of Ginsberg and Soros, it would be just as irrelevant as your question was to me. Right?

The attacks against Cane are probably coming from the right in the first place.

Who knows. My question for anyone doubting Cain's ability would be this. Relative to Bill Clinton executing poor judgement during his tenure as POTUS by having an affair w/Monica Lewinski, how does the allegations facing Herman Cain disqualify him from being POTUS? Even if the allegations are true, does this really have anything to do with his ability to preside over the United States?

Did you even read this story??? Unnamed sources...none of the other women want to speak. Next thing you know he will have state troppers bringing his coworkers to his office or having a fling and child while your wife is dying of cancer or maybe paying off your baby's momma with funds from a non-profit group or... wait those were democraps...my bad

Relax gentlemen. All that negative energy going to waste on such a trivial article.

Who knows. My question for anyone doubting Cain's ability would be this. Relative to Bill Clinton executing poor judgement during his tenure as POTUS by having an affair w/Monica Lewinski, how does the allegations facing Herman Cain disqualify him from being POTUS? Even if the allegations are true, does this really have anything to do with his ability to preside over the United States?

Would you mean other then "borderline pervert with lack of morality."

I do not think any differently of him now as I did before news of settlement the came out. I see a similiar thing happening to Cain that I saw happen to Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and I would point out that the allegations made by Anita Hill toward Justice Thomas eventually proved out to be false. I think the same thing will happen with Cain and it will have little negative effect on his campaign going forward. He continues to raise funds like a frontrunner and he is at the top of the polls for 2012 GOP nomination as of Oct 31. If I were you, I wouldn't get my hopes up that this so called scandal will bring the man down any time soon.

Cain is in big trouble now. Gloria Allred will bring him down to his knees. A tear for his short career.
New accuser to go public with charges against Herman Cain - ktla.com