XPO | Union Debate and News

Cain would make good driver recruiter...he knows how to sell :****:...he never lets the facts stand in the way of a good story.

The working class finally spoke out in Ohio last night.:bouncy: Awesome work. Killing that anti-union legislation sent a strong message that the unions are coming back hard. Every worker in America is tired of big corporations trying to kill the middle class while they reap the rewards off our backs. Keep Rollin cause its coming.

The working class finally spoke out in Ohio last night.:bouncy: Awesome work. Killing that anti-union legislation sent a strong message that the unions are coming back hard. Every worker in America is tired of big corporations trying to kill the middle class while they reap the rewards off our backs. Keep Rollin cause its coming.

People don't see this as a union issue. They see it as a police and fire fighters should be paid properly for what they do issue. If you read the paper you would have seen the Gov's intentions. It was completely unacceptable. People would have been quitting like crazy. And that would have been extremely bad. Police and fire is no place to be hunting for money. They are standing out on the corners holding boots begging for money as it is. Absolutely rediculous to call this a union victory. It is a stop the Gov from thinking they are above everyone else and doing f'd up crap victory.

People don't see this as a union issue. They see it as a police and fire fighters should be paid properly for what they do issue. If you read the paper you would have seen the Gov's intentions. It was completely unacceptable. People would have been quitting like crazy. And that would have been extremely bad. Police and fire is no place to be hunting for money. They are standing out on the corners holding boots begging for money as it is. Absolutely rediculous to call this a union victory. It is a stop the Gov from thinking they are above everyone else and doing f'd up crap victory.
Union? Big Labor? Call it what you want since you speak for the people. And by the way, the outcome that you described if it would have passed, we at conway live it everyday and it does suck. Im grabbing a boot and hittin the corner now. Keep Rollin

Huge differences between the public and private sector. The government does not create wealth, it redistributes. All these wages and benefits are paid for by the taxpayers. Sounds like the union is trying to kill the middle class while they reap the rewards off their backs.

I guess the voters in Ohio like paying high taxes so a government employee can retire at 55 on a fat pension while they work till 67. Bunch of fools. I wonder who they think is going to bail them out.

I guess the voters in Ohio like paying high taxes so a government employee can retire at 55 on a fat pension while they work till 67. Bunch of fools. I wonder who they think is going to bail them out.

This is a f'd up world. The last thing I need right now is a bunch of cops quitting. Or not giving a crap. I will gladly pay them. I am safe. It is worth it.

Instead of trying to do everything you can to cut their benifits and wages because yours is getting cut, why not direct your anger towards the people who keep cutting your benifits and wages? There is NO REASON WE can't have a nice "fat pension" as you put it, like they do. Instead of everybody trying to bring everybody else's wages and benifits down, we need to get our's back up. A race to the bottom on wages and benifits is exactly what they want, if I can't have that they can't either. Let''s focus on getting our pay and benifit package up, and if everybody would do that, not just here, we would be headed in the right direction. It's not like these corparation's aren't making RECORD profits, but if they can sqeeze just a little more out of your pay package then you will complain more about those damn teacher's cop's and firefighhter's. By the way most teacher's pay into their retirement and they don't recieve social security.

Last edited by a moderator:
highspeeds said:
This is a f'd up world. The last thing I need right now is a bunch of cops quitting. Or not giving a crap. I will gladly pay them. I am safe. It is worth it.

I don't know if your in Ohio or not but please tell me , how much are you willing to pay in taxes. Twice as much? Three times ? Like most states Ohio is broke, the unions spent 30 million to convince you and others cops would quit. Let em quit, they're going to get laid off anyway. There are hundreds of cops and firemen laid off in this country. How does that make us safer. They elect a governor to fix the problem then they don't let him.

Instead of trying to do everything you can to cut their benifits and wages because yours is getting cut, why not direct your anger towards the people who keep cutting your benifits and wages? There is NO REASON WE can't have a nice "fat pension" as you put it, like they do. Instead of everybody trying to bring everybody else's wages and benifits down, we need to get our's back up. A race to the bottom on wages and benifits is exactly what they want, if I can't have that they can't either. Let''s focus on getting our pay and benifit package up, and if everybody would do that, not just here, we would be headed in the right direction. It's not like these corparation's aren't making RECORD profits, but if they can sqeeze just a little more out of your pay package then you will complain more about those damn teacher's cop's and firefighhter's. By the way most teacher's pay into their retirement and they don't recieve social security.
Since they dont recieve Social Security that means they dont have to pay SS taxes. They have to contribute to their pension, usually 10%. Problem is that many of these school district contract have provisions that the pension contributions are picked up by the taxpayers. The Milwaukee WI school district had not one but two taxpayer funded pensions. The taxpayers cannot continue to be have their taxes go up due to many of these lavish benifits that many of these public sector employees recieve.

I don't know if your in Ohio or not but please tell me , how much are you willing to pay in taxes. Twice as much? Three times ? Like most states Ohio is broke, the unions spent 30 million to convince you and others cops would quit. Let em quit, they're going to get laid off anyway. There are hundreds of cops and firemen laid off in this country. How does that make us safer. They elect a governor to fix the problem then they don't let him.
If they elected a gov to fix the problem why did they turn on him like they did. What happened in Ohio was a backlash, the gov approval rating is about 35%. When the economy was good you never heard anything obout busting the unions, but when the economy goes in the tank, its those damn unions and they make to much. what wil fix the problem is negotioations, not trying to steamroll right over people and getting the economy back on track so tax base will grow. Wall street and the big banks, goldman sachs, w leeman brothers etc strarted the ball rolling when they bundled high risk morgages and then betting that they would fail. when the bubble burst and they new it would, companies like AIG coulndn't pay off. It's complicated and has to do with the repeal of the Glass/Seagal act. But to blame the unions, public or private is shortsighted and not seeing the big picture. Unions help you, overall and trying to destroy them is not the answer unless you want to end up making minimum wage. People of the great state of Ohio figured that out.

And that's why your argument makes no sense. I'm from Ohio. Do you really think that had that state bill passed, firefighters and police officers wouldn't still be laid off? What if the bill passed? Where does it stop? The bill was about taking away collective bargaining rights. Not just benefits. It gave the state on open door to change what they want. That bill isn't the only problem this state has. The governor here is an idiot. Here is a link outling the highlights of his time in office so far: What America Can Learn From John Kasich

Just remember. Only 2 candidates have ever won the White House without carrying Ohio. Nixon and Kennedy. Those years our Governors won the presidential primaries here in Ohio, which carried over for their respective parties to the general election. So while we may be fools, you should keep a real close eye on what happens here.

If the repubicans hadn't overplayed there hand in OH, WI and states like that, they would have alot better chance of taking back the white house than they do now.

Don't forget the Koch family spending millions to bust Unions and public sector employees....they are a major force in the upper midwestern states.

I must commend you J man. You are right on point with your posts. Te out...