XPO | Union Debate and News

So first they report this is a non starter. And then they report Hoffa is letting another company out of CSPF. Hoffa Sells-Out Central States Pension Fund Again | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

I think they might be a bit confused. The modern rules on pensions make multi-employer funds like CSPF obsolete. ABF and it's empoyees would be smart to abandon it. UPS has led the way on this. In time everyone else will follow.

ABF contract is up in march. You are referring to yrc which has until 2015 on their contract. I'm sure you are watching what is going to happen with negotiations. Conway is on the me too contract. Whatever the union negotiates you get too.

Con-way got a 2.5% raise this year ? What about YRC ?

Con-way has zero give back. What about YRC ?

So first they report this is a non starter. And then they report Hoffa is letting another company out of CSPF. Hoffa Sells-Out Central States Pension Fund Again | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

I think they might be a bit confused. The modern rules on pensions make multi-employer funds like CSPF obsolete. ABF and it's empoyees would be smart to abandon it. UPS has led the way on this. In time everyone else will follow.
TDU is not the teamsters union.

The CSPF isn't strawberrys and creme, but it isn't obsolete either.

Great post , if this dosent change all of us union or not will suffer. History is a good indicator to what will happen. Not exactually but a good indicator . We been here before and why some people dont see this baffles me. I know some people hate history but look back on labor just a hundred years ago. The stuff in china and russia was right here on our land . The middle class was tiny. And there was people so filthy rich they were in control of towns even cities. Just one or two guys rich guys. Last 2 decades we barley get raises while ceos and upper mngmt have sky rocketed. If we keep beliving there bs and that they will look after our best intrest -ya right. We will be back in those days soon enough !!!

What has happend with union talks at xco has it died off? Have things improved? A union could be a great thing for cnwy no more different rules for every sic you go to and no more tm and fos just making **** up as they go I think we are competitive with wages and bennies but if a tm don't like you watch out there is nothing you can do your days are numberd roll a trailer your done ppl make mistakes that's why we are human mess up one time they are trying to burn you I for one would gladly vote for a union not because I'm lazy or don't want to work just so I have say so and they can't just do what they want when they one and this comes from a guy who likes cnwy go figure...ppl say they will just shut down your barn won't happen they need that barn if they just start ****tin the doors then they don't make money

Great post , if this dosent change all of us union or not will suffer. History is a good indicator to what will happen. Not exactually but a good indicator . We been here before and why some people dont see this baffles me. I know some people hate history but look back on labor just a hundred years ago. The stuff in china and russia was right here on our land . The middle class was tiny. And there was people so filthy rich they were in control of towns even cities. Just one or two guys rich guys. Last 2 decades we barley get raises while ceos and upper mngmt have sky rocketed. If we keep beliving there bs and that they will look after our best intrest -ya right. We will be back in those days soon enough !!!

The problem is that the people with the union jobs got greedy. Voted republican. Didn't support the union. The unions have lost their power. They are being voted out of existance. And unions jobs are no longer the great dream jobs they used to be.

What has happend with union talks at xco has it died off? Have things improved? A union could be a great thing for cnwy no more different rules for every sic you go to and no more tm and fos just making **** up as they go I think we are competitive with wages and bennies but if a tm don't like you watch out there is nothing you can do your days are numberd roll a trailer your done ppl make mistakes that's why we are human mess up one time they are trying to burn you I for one would gladly vote for a union not because I'm lazy or don't want to work just so I have say so and they can't just do what they want when they one and this comes from a guy who likes cnwy go figure...ppl say they will just shut down your barn won't happen they need that barn if they just start ****tin the doors then they don't make money

Talk in xco died. Not enough support. Probably had a good 20% all for it. Another 40% for it, but not willing to risk anything to get it. For a moment, there were probably enough votes to make a statement.

No other terminals strong enough to come along. You can't just go and do something like that as a lone wolf. They will drive around you. This entire industry is on wheels. They have the equipment and the means to handle a defection. And this company is dead set against unionization. Did you need your Con-way history book from orientation ? They started this company with the sole purpose of closing the original company ( CF ), that was a union shop. Which they did pretty easily.

With the increases in long boxes there has been a bit of a renewal of interest. Nothing that will change anything. But there is a lot of chatter.

The union itself really isn't interested. With all the meetings and grand standing. We never saw anyone outside the front gate. No signs. No petitions. No info. They only have so much resources themselves. And this company isn't worth the effort to them. As Hoffa said he wants to get FedEx.

Talk in xco died. Not enough support. Probably had a good 20% all for it. Another 40% for it, but not willing to risk anything to get it. For a moment, there were probably enough votes to make a statement.

No other terminals strong enough to come along. You can't just go and do something like that as a lone wolf. They will drive around you. This entire industry is on wheels. They have the equipment and the means to handle a defection. And this company is dead set against unionization. Did you need your Con-way history book from orientation ? They started this company with the sole purpose of closing the original company ( CF ), that was a union shop. Which they did pretty easily.

With the increases in long boxes there has been a bit of a renewal of interest. Nothing that will change anything. But there is a lot of chatter.

The union itself really isn't interested. With all the meetings and grand standing. We never saw anyone outside the front gate. No signs. No petitions. No info. They only have so much resources themselves. And this company isn't worth the effort to them. As Hoffa said he wants to get FedEx.

I like your posts, but with all due respect, they did not say that they wanted to shut the doors at CF in that book.

I like your posts, but with all due respect, they did not say that they wanted to shut the doors at CF in that book.

I no longer have my copy. But I believe you. As it makes no sense to print that. However, it was told to me in one way or another. And it is quite clear they did close CF.

Only been here a few years. You seem to have more time. Probably remeber it better if you live through it.

The union itself really isn't interested. And this company isn't worth the effort to them. As Hoffa said he wants to get FedEx.

If FredEX were to organize, that would be the greatest thing to ever happen for the rest of us. All of that pressure to keep up with the competition in wages and benefits and keep the union out. One thing I really loved about this job when I hired on with CWX was wages, benefits, and respect for a drivers seniority on par with a union shop without the hassle of actually having to belong to a union. If FredEx organized, we would get to have our cake and eat it to.

I read that Con-way history book. I thought it was kind of funny how they spent the first 2/3 of the book talking about how CF was the greatest thing since sliced bread in the LTL industry, then all of a sudden, they handle the closing of CF in a subtext box about 1/2 of a page long. Of course they wouldn't come out and say that Con-way was created to close CF down, but I think it was pretty obvious that was a goal, especially when the Con-ways were able to start passing freight off from one to another. That was the death knell of CF. I'm definitely not pro union, quite the contrary, but if it meant that the rules would stop changing on a daily basis and the company would be forced to treat us guys down in the sunny South with the same amount of respect as the rest of the company in regards to overtime, I'd be for it.

The only benefit of Union representation in my opinion is the ability to negotiate a contract with the company stating what are pay rate will be,how much increases in pay and health care costs will be, and how much the company will contribute towards our "drivers,dock workers, and csr" retirement will be for a defined period of time. No more unexpected increases in the cost of health care and pay increases and retirement contributions that we could all count on.

The managers at the highest levels of this company all have contracts, if its good for them why is not good for us?