Yellow | Union Says YRC Worldwide May Close New Penn

Preston and Jevic. I was there on the last day of both. Sad.

Me too...Preston here. So all of us who have experienced what YRC can & will do are qualified to say that the New Penn guys better think this thru. To all the ones who don't believe that YRC will ever shut down a profitable company, look at their history. They don't do sensible things, they do what they want.

Me too...Preston here. So all of us who have experienced what YRC can & will do are qualified to say that the New Penn guys better think this thru. To all the ones who don't believe that YRC will ever shut down a profitable company, look at their history. They don't do sensible things, they do what they want.

4Chan20070528134445.gif

Preston and Jevic. I was there on the last day of both. Sad.

Gabby and CDLguy,

Preston never made it back to profitablity under Yellow.
I don't know Jevic's position when Yellow set them free, but I doubt they were making money either, and eventually closed some time later because they were not profitable. The only company as I mentioned that remained profitable after coming under the Yellow Dumbrella is Saia.

Saia is what they were after when they bought Preston. After they took it, they sold us off to the '3 stooges'....who just happened to be former YF people....to close us out. A lot of people believe that to this day. And here we are again.

As a Teamster and a New Penn employee, I have come to realize that we are now presented with a great opportunity. Together we can change the course of the deterioration of the standard of living that our forefathers fought so proudly and unselfishly to attain, and pass on to us. Do we finally take a stand, and prove that we are willing to bend, but not to break, or do we cower to the coorporate Goliath we know as YRC Worldwide. It's easy to vote yes to everything that YRC is stripping away from us, for those of us who have set our pride and sense of self worth aside. It's easy to take for granted what others have fought for. It's easy to accept whatever the company offers. And it's easy to blame the Union when we get a raw deal, but it's difficult to be strong, to remain unified and to fight back, in an attempt to maintain what we have and deserve! I personally will not allow my fate to be determined by a mismanaged, underhanded, and failing company, who's obvious objective is to break the Union as well as the sprit of the employees. New Penn's only chance for survival is to VOTE NO! The language in Article 5 of the NMFA clearly states that if wages and benefits of the company being absorbed differ from the company absorbing it, that those wages and benefits must be maintained. In other words, if we reject any further concessions, and YRC merges New Penn, the New Penn employees will continue to enjoy our current wages and benefits. Why do you think Bill Zollars is so adamate about getting us to agree to the next round of cuts? By voting NO, we foiled his plan to combine the operation. Wake up! Read the book! Knowledge is power! BE STRONG VOTE NO!

For those that have big balls and are proud YRCW knows exactly what to do :nutkick:

Can I ask a quick ? What would stop YRC from merging NewPenn even if the vote is yes on the kindergarden REVOTE, DO OVER VOTE. IF you vote yes there SCR... and vote no and There're SCRU.. I still say vote no.

Nothing is going to stop YRCW from doing what they want except for the proud members of New Penn. Do not lose the dignity and self respect you have. Vote no. It will only make it better. Remeber the bully in school? Well YRCW is the bully and Teamsters has become the bully's best friend. Stay strong and vote no. Do you really think the banks and investors are going to let YRCW close down a performing entity? I don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Guys Listen Up,
This is more about keeping members in the Union than it is about representing the members. Where is the Union telling YRCW that New Penn voted no and we are not going to accept any change of operations related to a no vote. I feel New Penn is doomed not because of what YRCW is doing, but more as to what the Teamsters Union is failing to do.If anyone wonders why Hoffa senior died, it's because he couldn't bear to see what is happening today and believe it is coming from his own blood.

Amen, I could not have said it better myself. We need more fellow employee's like you to keep getting the message out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In an article in my local newspaper yrcw officials deny ever saying anything about a merger. and i quote "YRCW denied johnson's assertion regarding a merger. (tyson) LDN 8/19/09 page 5A.:shit:shitshitshit

Can I ask a quick ? What would stop YRC from merging NewPenn even if the vote is yes on the kindergarden REVOTE, DO OVER VOTE. IF you vote yes there SCR... and vote no and There're SCRU.. I still say vote no.

The answer is nothing. But there is a better of chance of being left alone to fight another day if you stay open & weather the economic storm. If the majority vote is no, it's almost a given they'll shut NP down. There is no way they are going to leave it alone without the concessions (imho); they just can't afford it. But with the concessions, there's a better chance of staying open, esp. since NP is profitable. Now the Chicago YRC's....anyone have a guess what's going to happen there??

Saia is what they were after when they bought Preston. After they took it, they sold us off to the '3 stooges'....who just happened to be former YF people....to close us out. A lot of people believe that to this day. And here we are again.

My perspective is that Yellow bought Preston to get non-union Saia. Just like you say. Then they bought Jevic another non-union carrier to link them up and form a national non-union network. To me it was to keep up with Jones's since Roadway had shed the union by doing thw whole Viking deal nd CF doing the Conway deal. So Yellow could have spun off their union entity and focused on the Saia?Jevic hybrid.

There were problems though. Jevic and Saia's models were too different. So they realized they couldn't pull it off. So now, Yellow starts looking for buyers since they can't go into the next contract talks and cry poverty while owning 2 non-union carriers that they sunk money into and at the time were running well. BUT the economy post 9/11 was in the tank so theyc ouldn't get a value. The last resort was to form SCS a holding company and spin them off. As the economy got worse, and Jevic struggled, wall stree twasn't kind to us. We were set to be liquidated on 5/21/06 by SCS. The former president found a buyer and we had a chance. 2 years later almost to the day we shut down.

It's amazing when one looks backward to see how things evolve. How decisions in board rooms and rush to judgements affect so many lives. Masters of the Universe, I call it.

Please note there is no judgement on my part as to union or non union. I'm just relaying the circumstances as I know them.

Its not closing it would be merging!! and most likely they take the best of each part
Give me a minute to ponder
ok i can see what is going to happen
crystal_ball.jpg

I see I see a Jack n Coke with a little ice coming my way

It's not just New Penn being asked to re-vote. Our Chicagoland area local has posted a special meeting for tomorrow morning, to discuss the PENDING re-vote for the members of our local.

It's not just New Penn being asked to re-vote. Our Chicagoland area local has posted a special meeting for tomorrow morning, to discuss the PENDING re-vote for the members of our local.

What are you guys being told will happen if you still vote No....what threats are you dealing with? And when are you re-voting?

What are you guys being told will happen if you still vote No....what threats are you dealing with? And when are you re-voting?

I heard during the first give back vote that when New Penn voted separately, if they voted no, they would be shut down. Now they have voted no on the second round of concessions, and the threat of closing looms even closer.
Why would a third no vote change anything?

I don't understand how people can do the same thing over and over, but expect different results???:TR10driving03:

I don't understand how people can do the same thing over and over, but expect different results???:TR10driving03:[/QUOTE]

That my friend is INSANITY

There ya go!

If YRC(W) and New Penn management are waiting for the Teamsters to tell them what to do (merger or not), doesn't that kind of prove the management does not know what they are doing? Any decision to merge New Penn should have been made already, regardless of any vote. Does the management know what they are doing? I say the decision was made and the (re)vote is a sham.

Np will be dovetail not endtail

Yellow bought Roadway.. it was a dovetail.. YRC bought NP, it will be a dovetail once again... so that means the NP employees who once again voted down the concessions will now merge into Yellow and YRC employees who have agreed to the concessions will now lose their job to a NP employee who did not... perhaps those guys will quit prior to the merger since they hate YRC so much anyway.