Yellow | Union Says YRC Worldwide May Close New Penn

YRCW said to the union, NP voted no and we're shutting NP down. The Union said to YRCW, hey wait a NYC minute, we're going to give NP another vote to get it right. :popcorn:

Last time we voted (New Penn Employee) we were told that since we have a Me Too Agreement that our vote doesnt really count.. So why now that the majority of New Penn's Vote is NO why now is it that our vote counts.. We never get told the truth.. as far as I understand.. New Penn was/is getting merged w/ YRC and that was always the plan??!!

Being a Preston caualty of Yellow, I said this would happen way back, when Yellow originally bought Roadway, and merged them into YRC. I'm surprised it has lasted this long. However, if you look at the books and DOT documents, it is actually Roadway that is the surviving company.....not that it really matters anymore.:TR10driving03:

What a lame idea that is.
New Penn has always been the best operated LTL in the entire trucking industry.

I agree Apo, but now maybe people that think there is a PLAN B available by Yellow,
will now realize that "B" stands for "BYE BYE"!!!

Just a question. In an article from the Journal of Commerce posted in June it says that YRC had 50,000 employees under contract. The new article says 35,000. Have 15,000 people lost their jobs since June?

I really don't think the vote matters that much to the union. I think they need a larger YES VOTE for the banks more than anything. Even with a yes vote this time around; nothing is stopping YRC from eating New Penn or Holland.

Teamsters will continue to let YRC do as they wish; because if they don't, and they shut down. IBT takes a big hit in dues and H&W monies. Don't ::shit:: yourself people; We are all in in this game for the same thing THE MIGHTY DOLLAR.. The only problem with that,is that we are on the bottom of the totem pole !!

Just a question. In an article from the Journal of Commerce posted in June it says that YRC had 50,000 employees under contract. The new article says 35,000. Have 15,000 people lost their jobs since June?

You got YRC, YRCW, and YRC Logistics..all different numbers. Last I seen was 5000 laid off at YRC

I really don't think the vote matters that much to the union. I think they need a larger YES VOTE for the banks more than anything. Even with a yes vote this time around; nothing is stopping YRC from eating New Penn or Holland.

Teamsters will continue to let YRC do as they wish; because if they don't, and they shut down. IBT takes a big hit in dues and H&W monies. Don't ::shit:: yourself people; We are all in in this game for the same thing THE MIGHTY DOLLAR.. The only problem with that,is that we are on the bottom of the totem pole !!

ANd with all that ::shit:: dropping from the top,
it stinks down here.

Thats yrc for ya . this will come back to bite them big time if they close them they will lose all the freight .Its a big threat from the company because they didnt get what they wanted. Blackmail at its best.

Yea thats what Roadway guys say, and Holland, and Yellow,and whoever else......Give me a break:nutkick: If we are all so great than LETS SHOW EVERYONE ELSE WE ARE NOT GOING AWAY..................................

New Penn has always been the best operated LTL in the entire trucking industry.[/QUOTE]

Entire means empire. You mean you are the best operated LTL regional carrier. Yes, without a doubt. You do quite well with 24 terminals. Try 500 terminals and make a profit. If I'm not mistaken FedEx, Conway and ABF have had probs with their size. ABF had coo's and they are kickin around concessions. Roadway and Yellow got rid of the regionals that didn't make a profit. So just than God you are making a profit in these tough times. That's why they keep you around

that's a real good idea yrc shut down the only company making money for ya, i hope ups buy;s them and dumps overnight

Is this for real? I don't work for YRCW, but when you voted to keep trying to work with the company, I figured you would probably make it. You guys really are the driving force behind your company. but your people at the top are constantly chopping you off at the knees. After your vote, I bought a fairly large quantity of YRCW stock, and it looked good for a couple of days. I honestly thought YRCW stock would shortly be up near the $6 mark again like it was in April, and just maybe they could recover. But if they are going to ditch the most profitable part of their business, and merge it with the part that is struggling the most, it's over. :TR10driving03: so while I wish you luck, I'm going to take an 11 cents per share loss and get while the getting's good. I'd rather loose several hundred dollars now that loose everything later. I really do wish you all good luck. Hopefully your management will wake up and finally make some good choices.