FedEx Freight | Union?

And really a history lesson is YRC is a good company and the reason they got in trouble was because they bought roadway and then bought out USF. And the economy hit the bricks.

Drives me nuts when people bad mouth YRC and the teamsters pay deal.
The teamsters at YRC are (IMO) saints. They took a pay cut and saved the company all because of a dumbass named Zollars.

Teamsters in Washington (IBT) should really take a lesson from all those members that saved that company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh yeah, a union huh? Cool beans. Since unions were started to push for safe working conditions. Cool beans, that means there will be anti-bacterial soap in every bathroom now.
:woohoo1:

Fred smith believes that laboring men are the scum of tbe earth, even after the labor made him very welthy.

Actually being an astute entrepreneur made Fred Smith a very wealthy man. As far as "laboring men," he's put more men and woman to work in the transportation industry than any other individual.

I don't know what all the big talk is. KCY and EKC have around 350 employed city and road drivers. From what I hear only 24 showed up at the union hall Sunday. KCY and EKC are not going union. My guess these people were not happy at their last job, not happy at Fed Ex, and won't be happy at their next job. Misery Loves Company. Good Luck !

All long run high mile bids will go away. You will be a shuttle driver. Not hating just the way it is headed. Trust me I have went through the experience. If you hate the dock keep your resume up to date.......... It is when not if. They put info into a computer and hit enter then it says cut here. Then they have a change and you or I am out of work.

The union is gonna save you right out of a job while they line their pockets. FedEx wouldn't think twice about inverting all road runs out of there just to break the union. The freight would just be delivered from elsewhere while FedEx says "we need to save money". And then they'll hire twice as many city drivers...not like they're not already doing that. 4 hours a day for everyone! Sounds like a great deal. /sarcasm

I think its an ok idea. Unions have recd waivers exempting them from obamacare. Master freight contract is good. UPS is doing fine on their own. Have ttheir own retirement program. FedEx can too. Ive witnessed the systematic elimination of National drivers by fedex. Since the purchase of Watkins. Guess what. Watkins didnt want to be bought by fedex..neither did American. Both got the crap end of the stick. More freight moving on purchased trans and by train. Union could limit that. Give the work back to the drivers...where it belongs. How many of you sat..not working last winter? I know KCY & EKC had many sitting at home..starving. thats the plan..starve you out..you quit..they pay no unemployment &give freight to shiny wheels &rail

Fedex is running a business...dont think for one minute they will not do whats best for bottom line..for stockholders. I recall a meeting l sat in on in KCY. Many were complaining about everything...and were advised to seek employment elsewhere if so unhappy. Arkansas frtwys..American frtways..Watkins would never have done that. They treated their employees with respect..care &concern. Fedex can and will replace you at the drop of a hat. Thats why write ups flow so freely. Shirt untucked..no black belt..shoestrings not black...you know the stupid nit picky crap. You guys keep wearing your phone headsets...policy is NO cell phone use. Ive seen 7 drivers permantly dismissed for that one. Are you leaving your truck running while hooking? Policy is truck off..door locked. Beware...they are gonna get you

I was an American Freight worker. I remember when AF had trucks with no power steering or AC in the city. I'm making more money, better benefits, and better equipment than when we were AF. When I started with AF you worked the dock until you were able to bid the city, and then bid the road. We have drivers now that would rather set at home for no pay than work the dock, shuttle, or run weekends. Can't feel sorry for you if you don't want to work. And when it comes to Purchase and Rail. What Union shipper doesn't use Purchase or Rail. For every 1 Fed Ex trailer at the Rail you have about 50 UPS trailers. Last time I looked UPS was Union. And yes I have been to the Rail Yard and seen it first hand. And last but not least Fed Ex did not ship Rail until they bought out Watkins which was already shipping Rail at that time. So blame Watkins if you don't like Rail.

Morale is going to suck a whole lot more when half of you get laid off. I'm a contractor. Our biggest grievance is that FedEx doesn't want to issue a new contract to pay us more. But they're still the best pay in the business, and I would rather know my job is secure because I work hard instead of paying someone to keep lazy schmucks employed. The rules are only a moving target to people who aren't interested in doing their job right.

Why is it people that dislike the union always refer to union members as lazy? I am union, so are many of my co workers, and I can assure you they are not lazy, in fact its the complete opposite, we have a stake in things, we also have a voice, there is a level of comfort in that, we, like other union members want our company to succeed greatly! I would venture to say that non union companies, where employees have no say in things are prone to lazy behavior, I have seen it, when I worked at FXF the only way to express our frustration was to slow down and do as little as possible.

Please use caution when referring to union folks as lazy, its a blanket statement and may get you alot of negative attention. I can assure you sir, I and my co workers are far from lazy.

Ought to be hysterical when the reason for missing the gate was the extra time spent unlocking the door and restarting the truck every time you got in and out while hooking.

I was an American Freight worker. I remember when AF had trucks with no power steering or AC in the city. I'm making more money, better benefits, and better equipment than when we were AF. When I started with AF you worked the dock until you were able to bid the city, and then bid the road. We have drivers now that would rather set at home for no pay than work the dock, shuttle, or run weekends. Can't feel sorry for you if you don't want to work. And when it comes to Purchase and Rail. What Union shipper doesn't use Purchase or Rail. For every 1 Fed Ex trailer at the Rail you have about 50 UPS trailers. Last time I looked UPS was Union. And yes I have been to the Rail Yard and seen it first hand. And last but not least Fed Ex did not ship Rail until they bought out Watkins which was already shipping Rail at that time. So blame Watkins if you don't like Rail.

I'm an AF guy also ,the only thing I disagree with is the better equipment, pay, and benefits now that we are FedEx. When you factor in that we didn't pay for insurance, and our 401k had the discretionary 2.5% going into it instead of the pension we have now. I always thought the AF equipment was fine.

Why is it people that dislike the union always refer to union members as lazy? I am union, so are many of my co workers, and I can assure you they are not lazy, in fact its the complete opposite, we have a stake in things, we also have a voice, there is a level of comfort in that, we, like other union members want our company to succeed greatly! I would venture to say that non union companies, where employees have no say in things are prone to lazy behavior, I have seen it, when I worked at FXF the only way to express our frustration was to slow down and do as little as possible.

Please use caution when referring to union folks as lazy, its a blanket statement and may get you alot of negative attention. I can assure you sir, I and my co workers are far from lazy.

I'm not referring to ALL union members as lazy. Let me be clear, I know personally of many union workers that take pride in their jobs and do it to the best of their ability. I also am familiar with several instances where the union fought for a person about to be fired because of laziness, incompetence, ignorance of the rules or the law, or a combination of the above. I've seen otherwise model workers get fired for a minor infraction with no word from the union.

I have no qualms with union workers until the moment they decide not to like me because I'm not a union worker. I have a problem with the overall attitude of the union itself. The majority of union workers are just average guys making a living the way I am, and I can respect that. I share the road with YRC and UPS trucks the same as I do with OD and Con-way. I meant you no offense, sir, I only believe in fairness. And in my experience, giving a job to a man who doesn't deserve or appreciate it isn't fair.

Morale is going to suck a whole lot more when half of you get laid off. I'm a contractor. Our biggest grievance is that FedEx doesn't want to issue a new contract to pay us more. But they're still the best pay in the business, and I would rather know my job is secure because I work hard instead of paying someone to keep lazy schmucks employed. The rules are only a moving target to people who aren't interested in doing their job right.

They might be "the best in pay" for contractors, but for company drivers our pay keeps falling behind more and more. 1 peanut a year increase doesn't amount to much. Then take bonus from 4 times a year to 1 time paying out at the same amount as one of the quarterly checks. Oh yeah since they moved the bonus to once a year we have only gotten it once and you were lucky for $20 while mgt. is racking in good bonuses, and thats even given to red shirts. All the time its our fault for everything under the sun. If the boss wakes up pissed its our fault some how. This company is run like crap anymore. Go down to Harrison and everybody is related to each other because they work to get their family hired. Then everybody comes up with crap policies that don't affect them just to justify their jobs.

Don't forget that if a department in Harrison gets moved to Memphis, new jobs will be created in HRO to keep those family members employed.

I'm not referring to ALL union members as lazy. Let me be clear, I know personally of many union workers that take pride in their jobs and do it to the best of their ability. I also am familiar with several instances where the union fought for a person about to be fired because of laziness, incompetence, ignorance of the rules or the law, or a combination of the above. I've seen otherwise model workers get fired for a minor infraction with no word from the union.

I have no qualms with union workers until the moment they decide not to like me because I'm not a union worker. I have a problem with the overall attitude of the union itself. The majority of union workers are just average guys making a living the way I am, and I can respect that. I share the road with YRC and UPS trucks the same as I do with OD and Con-way. I meant you no offense, sir, I only believe in fairness. And in my experience, giving a job to a man who doesn't deserve or appreciate it isn't fair.
I appreciate you clearing the air about the lazy thing, what you said about not being liked by union folks, I have ran into that when I worked at FXF, I never understood that mentality, we are the only foodservice company here that is union and I'm buddies with all the non's, when I was on delivery we would even help each other unload at some stops, of course in the food business its pretty hard to be lazy, you just can't work here if your that way.

They might be "the best in pay" for contractors, but for company drivers our pay keeps falling behind more and more. 1 peanut a year increase doesn't amount to much. Then take bonus from 4 times a year to 1 time paying out at the same amount as one of the quarterly checks. Oh yeah since they moved the bonus to once a year we have only gotten it once and you were lucky for $20 while mgt. is racking in good bonuses, and thats even given to red shirts. All the time its our fault for everything under the sun. If the boss wakes up pissed its our fault some how. This company is run like crap anymore. Go down to Harrison and everybody is related to each other because they work to get their family hired. Then everybody comes up with crap policies that don't affect them just to justify their jobs.

Working here beats all hell out of being OTR. I don't get a bonus. The only raise I get is for driving further. And I'd still rather be here than driving OTR in one of Schneider's pumpkins.