TForce | Unionization IS Inevitable......(and growing more neccessary)

Bmftrucker

TB Lurker
Credits
Welcome teamsters to our hybrid LTL/parcel company. Evidentally terminals all around us are solidifying their support for the teamsters in mass numbers. I'm hearing of card checks with upwards of 70-75% of terminals employees signing in favor of. These numbers are huge and clearly define the path our company is going down. If you all remember, I was neither in favor for nor an opponent of unionization. I just wanted the facts and a contract that made sense for my future and the financial welfare of my family. BOY HAS MY OPINION CHANGED!!!!!! Our local management now seems to be trying their best to run wild over our employees and are completely disregarding company policies.(Primarily seniority). At the time I was debating with you all on the issue, things were fairly stable at SCM. With each passing day, coming to work and doing your job well is getting increasingly more difficult without having to fight policy over every little issue. Going to work shouldn't be this difficult. So to all I argued with prior to this i say............... GO TEAMSTERS!!!!!

Welcome teamsters to our hybrid LTL/parcel company. Evidentally terminals all around us are solidifying their support for the teamsters in mass numbers. I'm hearing of card checks with upwards of 70-75% of terminals employees signing in favor of. These numbers are huge and clearly define the path our company is going down. If you all remember, I was neither in favor for nor an opponent of unionization. I just wanted the facts and a contract that made sense for my future and the financial welfare of my family. BOY HAS MY OPINION CHANGED!!!!!! Our local management now seems to be trying their best to run wild over our employees and are completely disregarding company policies.(Primarily seniority). At the time I was debating with you all on the issue, things were fairly stable at SCM. With each passing day, coming to work and doing your job well is getting increasingly more difficult without having to fight policy over every little issue. Going to work shouldn't be this difficult. So to all I argued with prior to this i say............... GO TEAMSTERS!!!!!

SAY IT ISN'T SO DRIVER!!! :hysterical:
KEEP THIS UP AND THEY ARE GOING TO CALL YOU SKEETER JR. :biglaugh:

P.S. I agree! :1036316054::funky:

I have talked with so many people that were completely content with the way things were. And they were not interested in a union and just went with the flow of things. I always asked, Are you going to change your mind when you get completely screwed. And like you, they have completely changed their minds. :1036316054:

health ins. is the biggest thing in my mind and having it in a
good hard contract with union backing is 1st and formost in my mind. Still waiting to get on with you guys though.
Hoping Ohio yards get it together soon!

I have talked with so many people that were completely content with the way things were. And they were not interested in a union and just went with the flow of things. I always asked, Are you going to change your mind when you get completely screwed. And like you, they have completely changed their minds. :1036316054:

I am still trying to understand how everyone is so gung ho on signing cards without sitting down and going over what we will bargain for. I will not give my signature until I know what we are going to bargain for. Everyone going in blind is not such a great choice to me. I know many that were screwed by the teamsters during the strike.

I am still trying to understand how everyone is so gung ho on signing cards without sitting down and going over what we will bargain for. I will not give my signature until I know what we are going to bargain for. Everyone going in blind is not such a great choice to me. I know many that were screwed by the teamsters during the strike.

AMEN!! I dont understand this either. People are signing cards, and they dont even no what their signing. LET'S SEE THE CONTRACT!How hard is this is this a COMMUNIST WEBSITE. What's up with this reputation thing.

you have sign a card to be heard, then you figure out what you want in your contract for your term. the government will not let there be a one contract fits all any more. each one is to your barn.
if you are in HRS, it won't work in DAL, see what i mean?

AMEN!! I dont understand this either. People are signing cards, and they dont even no what their signing. LET'S SEE THE CONTRACT!How hard is this is this a COMMUNIST WEBSITE. What's up with this reputation thing.

HRS-SLAVE, there is nothing wrong with this site. The problem is your lack of understanding of how things work.

It's been mentioned over and over and over again but I'll explain it one more time.

The Teamsters cannot legally negotiate a contract for a group of employees that has not selected the them as their bargaining agent. The card check is the unions authorization to be your bargaining agent.

I don't think I could have made it any clearer.

Your red dots just mean are just a representation of how the members here feel about your posts.

You cannot bargain legally until you seek representation, this is done by sighning a card. It seems to me you just want to skip the legal process that has been inplace for thousands of years, skip the contract and negotiate your own, and simply without this gaurantee, you simply will not sighn, it does'nt work that way.

Once again we have the 'me soceity' guy asking guys to be part of his group. A group of one, with no power and say over his working environment. The union is a 'we soceity' and together "we' can get more for our efforts than by standing alone.:smilie_132:

Once again we have the 'me soceity' guy asking guys to be part of his group. A group of one, with no power and say over his working environment. The union is a 'we soceity' and together "we' can get more for our efforts than by standing alone.:smilie_132:

And is the premise for the union, united we stand , divided we fall, it's just that simple.

For a labor union to be recognized as the bargaining agent for a group of employees they must have 50% + 1 of those employees sign cards. All a card check is for is to show the percentage of employees at a certain location who are authorizing that union to be their representatives. Once that is accomplished.........then and only then can true contract talks begin with the employees. In other words.....until the majority of your workgroup accepts the teamsters as your agent, they can not legally show you the contract. Labor contracts are legal documents which can't be shared with any Tom, Dick or Harry who walks in. Keep that in mind before you speak of people blindly signing up.

For a labor union to be recognized as the bargaining agent for a group of employees they must have 50% + 1 of those employees sign cards. All a card check is for is to show the percentage of employees at a certain location who are authorizing that union to be their representatives. Once that is accomplished.........then and only then can true contract talks begin with the employees. In other words.....until the majority of your workgroup accepts the teamsters as your agent, they can not legally show you the contract. Labor contracts are legal documents which can't be shared with any Tom, Dick or Harry who walks in. Keep that in mind before you speak of people blindly signing up.

They want 65% or more. Something to do with the card check rules. I'm not sure exactly why but thats what the rep said.

BTW Bmf, what happened to turn you around, or is this a joke?

It's serious. We weren't experiencing the same problems as others here on the boards, therefore, we were seeing through 2 differen't sets of glasses. our local management is now disregarding things as basic as seniority and theirattitudes in general are pretty crummy. we're to the point that we have to fight just to do our jobs. It's already very tiring. A contract is the ONLY WAY to et set work rules (policies and procedures). Without that, we will certainly spiral into depths we have yet to see.

It's serious. We weren't experiencing the same problems as others here on the boards, therefore, we were seeing through 2 differen't sets of glasses. our local management is now disregarding things as basic as seniority and theirattitudes in general are pretty crummy. we're to the point that we have to fight just to do our jobs. It's already very tiring. A contract is the ONLY WAY to et set work rules (policies and procedures). Without that, we will certainly spiral into depths we have yet to see.

Sometimes you have to proad the cattle into the shoot before the slaughter.

You are 100% correct, it has been said 100 Times on this site and appearently there are still a few who do not understand at this point, and he has the odasity to call this a communist web site,:biglaugh::biglaugh: I find it funny, proper english is spoken things said have been broken down and explained, mainly do too the fact that he is trying too understand so he say's and still prescribes for argument, and he still does not understand . If he only knew what communism is.