TForce | Unionization IS Inevitable......(and growing more neccessary)

Yeah thats another issue with these little plastic computer boxes.
They run on radio signals.
Sometimes I can get to my terminal on my cell phone but the Diad won't work in the same area?

I'm telling you they've got rules to rule out other rules.
Theres just no keeping up with this hurry up,hurry up outfit!

I was p&d when the diads were introduced and we were told not to try and read the messages while driving, it is a safety issue.

The cellphone rule was actually photocopied and highlighted and posted around the drivers room. No cellphone us while driving. Not even if you have a hands free kit.

I see central having a major overhaul.

They certainly need to. most of the really good dispatchers we used to have as Overnite are gone. This new batch has ZERo ability to think for themselves or listen to logic. If it isn't predetermined and sitting on the screen in front of them.....they're absolutely lost. I'm the prime example. My run has been cut the past 2 days due simply to the fact that a dispatcher in Richmond, VA has no idea what the hell is going on out here in the west. They have diverted drivers to places too far them to legally return home, thus I haven't had my freight for my schedule!!!! This NEW COMPANY of ours really sucks so far!!!!!!

Trust me it is not just out west, I have seen them send florida guys to meet in ga with empties.

They sent me back to my terminal from the hub with empties, to pick up a set of empties to bring back to the hub.

I was talking to a dispatcher the other night and he said they sent a bunch of them to gaffney for a week to see how the system works.

Well now that you've all cleared up the UPS cell phone usage issue.
I can see where every driver in my terminal is facing termination due to that rule.

Now that most people have cell phones on them.
Public pay phones are almost gone out of my delivery area.
A lot of my customers don't allow drivers to talk on their phones.
So that leaves the Diads which go down,and have to be rebooted,or don't work in some areas that have poor reception.

So what are we city drivers supposed to do to communicate with our dispatchers,and TM's?

Who said UPS buying us would be a good idea?
I wounder how fast he can run along tied behind my route trailer?

Trust me it is not just out west, I have seen them send florida guys to meet in ga with empties.

They sent me back to my terminal from the hub with empties, to pick up a set of empties to bring back to the hub.

I was talking to a dispatcher the other night and he said they sent a bunch of them to gaffney for a week to see how the system works.

They have been in so.Cal. all week long. Elvis out...

I'm not sure about the new position, but this is true to a point. if you look at our current UPSF handbooks there is a statement that basically any cell phone use while in a company vehicle is prohibited. I just found the EXACT PHRASING. Page 41 of the blue employee rule book-LTL section C: Phone Usage states: CDL employees are prohibited from speaking on a cell phone while operating a commercial motor vehicle. I would say that is pretty direct as well as being COMPLETELY UNREALISTIC!!!! Don't take my word for it, I gave you the spot to verify it yourselves.

I am sorry, I wiped my anal opening with that page when I went hunting this year.:biglaugh: I hope thier cell phone is not windows or java based. They mite be sorry calling me.:biglaugh:

I was p&d when the diads were introduced and we were told not to try and read the messages while driving, it is a safety issue.

The cellphone rule was actually photocopied and highlighted and posted around the drivers room. No cellphone us while driving. Not even if you have a hands free kit.

They should try too shove that down every brownies throat that I see using a cell phone on a regular basis, and they are driving, just glance in a brown van on occasion, when you pass them you'll see them.

You cannot bargain legally until you seek representation, this is done by sighning a card. It seems to me you just want to skip the legal process that has been inplace for thousands of years, skip the contract and negotiate your own, and simply without this gaurantee, you simply will not sighn, it does'nt work that way.

I am not saying to sit down and bargain. The local here is just handing out cards and saying sign. I need to know what they PLAN on bargaining for. Give me something to think about.

Well now that you've all cleared up the UPS cell phone usage issue.
I can see where every driver in my terminal is facing termination due to that rule.

Now that most people have cell phones on them.
Public pay phones are almost gone out of my delivery area.
A lot of my customers don't allow drivers to talk on their phones.
So that leaves the Diads which go down,and have to be rebooted,or don't work in some areas that have poor reception.

So what are we city drivers supposed to do to communicate with our dispatchers,and TM's?

Who said UPS buying us would be a good idea?
I wounder how fast he can run along tied behind my route trailer?

Don't you have the nextels?

Yes we still do have some nextels left.
most of them went bad,and they won't be replaced because we have the computer boxes.

But what is a nextell phone?
isn't that also classified as a cell phone?

I say whats wrong with this picture?

I am not saying to sit down and bargain. The local here is just handing out cards and saying sign. I need to know what they PLAN on bargaining for. Give me something to think about.

Okay I apolagize, but unfortunatley they cannot tell you what they are going to bargain for unless you sighn a card seeking representation, nor can they (legally) give you details about the INDY contract, they are bound by law.Nor can they tell you the INDY contract is all you are going to get. They cannot promise anything and if they say INDY is it, They are filling you full of $hit.

You must seek representation prior to them getting the ball in motion, this is done by sighning a card...........

The union guy that came to orlando said he will show us the indy contract.

If he is showing you this contract without sighning, keep it under your hat, and good for you, and I mean that, atleast you are not obliged to sighn for something you do not want before you see it.

But they cannot legally represent you untill they have your terminal, nor can they give you promises.

I know they can't offer or promise me anything until they represent me, and he might tell us once we get there that he will show us the contract but not until after we sign.

I know they can't offer or promise me anything until they represent me, and he might tell us once we get there that he will show us the contract but not until after we sign.

Ohh ,I am sorry , I was under the impression they were going to show you prior, well that is probably true then.:smilie_132:

So that means the contract viewing is a carrot they are holding out for your terminal to sign the cards then see what your looking forward to?
Or forward to changing as much as you can in your best interests.