TForce | Unionization IS Inevitable......(and growing more neccessary)

It's serious. We weren't experiencing the same problems as others here on the boards, therefore, we were seeing through 2 differen't sets of glasses. our local management is now disregarding things as basic as seniority and theirattitudes in general are pretty crummy. we're to the point that we have to fight just to do our jobs. It's already very tiring. A contract is the ONLY WAY to et set work rules (policies and procedures). Without that, we will certainly spiral into depths we have yet to see.

I can only say we felt the same up here.
I am sure before the end of this 3 year period for the card check, all will feel it.

It's serious. We weren't experiencing the same problems as others here on the boards, therefore, we were seeing through 2 differen't sets of glasses. our local management is now disregarding things as basic as seniority and theirattitudes in general are pretty crummy. we're to the point that we have to fight just to do our jobs. It's already very tiring. A contract is the ONLY WAY to et set work rules (policies and procedures). Without that, we will certainly spiral into depths we have yet to see.

Alot of us has been feeling this love from managment for years now.

Alot of us has been feeling this love from managment for years now.
And I understand that, however we weren't. Managements relationship with the employees really was about the best i've ever seen here until the recent change. We now have die hard anti union guys agreeing that we need some help. Others are still hesitant about bringing in the teamsters but we are currently close to about an 80% approval.

We sure are not the old Overnite when we were all family.
Now we are the workers,and our management is the enemy!

And I understand that, however we weren't. Managements relationship with the employees really was about the best i've ever seen here until the recent change. We now have die hard anti union guys agreeing that we need some help. Others are still hesitant about bringing in the teamsters but we are currently close to about an 80% approval.

It sucks too see this, but we must move on and good luck too all of you.

I guess it just took a little longer for the sh!t to hit the west coast. Welcome to my world.:1036316054:

I guess it just took a little longer for the sh!t to hit the west coast. Welcome to my world.:1036316054:
It really does suck!!!! I like to show up, put in an honest day and get paid accordingly. This having t battle over every little issue is almost mind blowing. The west coast has always been the red headed step child of the company and they never tried to hide it. Unfortunately, now we're the red headed, helmet wearing, short bus riding step child!!!! :hysterical::hysterical:

It really does suck!!!! I like to show up, put in an honest day and get paid accordingly. This having t battle over every little issue is almost mind blowing. The west coast has always been the red headed step child of the company and they never tried to hide it. Unfortunately, now we're the red headed, helmet wearing, short bus riding step child!!!! :hysterical::hysterical:

It is funny how ovnt had always let the two largest state in the nation go to pot. I guess they just couldn't get the size of Texas and California into there production metrics? think small, be small.:biglaugh:

It is funny how ovnt had always let the two largest state in the nation go to pot. I guess they just couldn't get the size of Texas and California into there production metrics? think small, be small.:biglaugh:
Had a few major accounts not forced them out west back in the day......they would have remained an east coast carrier primarily. Either way, it is what it is. We'll get the union in, figure out our work rules and hopefully things will turn around once every terminal is on the same page. Maybe the west coast won't seem like a completely different company anymore. Wouldn't harmony be nice............and scary at the same time?:funky:

Believe me, what you 2 speak of is happening out here too, it almost sucks to go to work.:hide:

Had a few major accounts not forced them out west back in the day......they would have remained an east coast carrier primarily. Either way, it is what it is. We'll get the union in, figure out our work rules and hopefully things will turn around once every terminal is on the same page. Maybe the west coast won't seem like a completely different company anymore. Wouldn't harmony be nice............and scary at the same time?:funky:
You guys are just being treated like us. It's normal in company procedure to "beat employees until morale picks up"!!! Another thing, we are getting more militaristic as I type. We are becoming the Buster Freight company that UPS wants. I am seeing this first hand from operations and from the customer base. Seems like we are shifting gears again. Every morning we are given "one more thing" to do.... Get used to it. Like I said from day one, we were going to need a Union here. That prediction was a no brainer since I worked for Big Brother many moons ago. As for being the red headed step child, eventually that will go away as they blend us more together.

Yes now we've got to add extra charges into our little brown plastic computer boxes.
I did two sort,and segs on a warehouse delivery I made.
I had to finger print all the freight on two bills.
I had the stop grouped into one.
This was the first time I had to write this notation on my DR's like I've neen doing for over 20 years.
but now also add it on my Diad.

well you know what I'm going to say now.
WHOOOPS I did it on one of the pro's,but forgot to do it on the other,one I remembered when I had clicked onto the signature box before departing the stop.
but then it was to late to go back to correct my boo,boo.
I told my TM,and asked him to fix it in his computer.

I don't know if he could do it?
I just got a watch what your doing the next time.

All I can say at this point is the statement he hates to hear.

WHATEVER!!!!!

I saw there is a new position at the company, cellular communication enforcement officer, they call you on your cellphone, and if you answer it they ask you why are you on the phone while driving.

I saw there is a new position at the company, cellular communication enforcement officer, they call you on your cellphone, and if you answer it they ask you why are you on the phone while driving.

You have got to be kidding ? If not im applying for that job!:funky:

I'm not sure about the new position, but this is true to a point. if you look at our current UPSF handbooks there is a statement that basically any cell phone use while in a company vehicle is prohibited. I just found the EXACT PHRASING. Page 41 of the blue employee rule book-LTL section C: Phone Usage states: CDL employees are prohibited from speaking on a cell phone while operating a commercial motor vehicle. I would say that is pretty direct as well as being COMPLETELY UNREALISTIC!!!! Don't take my word for it, I gave you the spot to verify it yourselves.

Ok how come they can send a tex message to my Diad while I'm driving at thats just ducky.
Whenever I hear that old bing bong on my DIAD I have it where I can grab it up for a look see without running off the road.
If its something that just can't wait and theres no safe place to pull over.
I get my cell phone out of my left shirt pocket and ring the dispatcher up.

If they want to bust me for talking on my cell while I'm driving then they need to stop texing my DIAD.
Pure,and simple do me a favor leave me alone when I'm driving.
after all when we first were issued these little brown boxes I told everyone including my TM we are not going to mess with these devices while we are driving.
It was an ok then,so what changed?
Yikes theres no keeping up with all the rules UPS keeps loading us up with!

Ok how come they can send a tex message to my Diad while I'm driving at thats just ducky.
Whenever I hear that old bing bong on my DIAD I have it where I can grab it up for a look see without running off the road.
If its something that just can't wait and theres no safe place to pull over.
I get my cell phone out of my left shirt pocket and ring the dispatcher up.

If they want to bust me for talking on my cell while I'm driving then they need to stop texing my DIAD.
Pure,and simple do me a favor leave me alone when I'm driving.
after all when we first were issued these little brown boxes I told everyone including my TM we are not going to mess with these devices while we are driving.
It was an ok then,so what changed?
Yikes theres no keeping up with all the rules UPS keeps loading us up with!
I thoroughly agree with you. They just keep piling on the BS hoping we'll all quit sothey can bring in a cheaper work force I think. I do have an example I forgot to share: there was a road driver who rerached his meet point, he called central dispatch to arrive himself......the dispatcher had the balls to tell him, " Sir I can hear your truck running in the background so you'll have to call back once you've exited the truck".....then he hung up. The driver happened to be at a meet point in the middle of nowhere(as most of them are) in cold cold weather. Are the (⊙▃⊙)'s back and looking to get into LTL?:hide:

I'm not sure about the new position, but this is true to a point. if you look at our current UPSF handbooks there is a statement that basically any cell phone use while in a company vehicle is prohibited. I just found the EXACT PHRASING. Page 41 of the blue employee rule book-LTL section C: Phone Usage states: CDL employees are prohibited from speaking on a cell phone while operating a commercial motor vehicle. I would say that is pretty direct as well as being COMPLETELY UNREALISTIC!!!! Don't take my word for it, I gave you the spot to verify it yourselves.

Try applying that argument when they bug the heck out of you on your diad.

Well I see reports all the time that there is a drivers shortage all over the country.
but I've yet to see any reports of a dispatcher shortage.

Must be good drivers are harder to come by then dispatchers.