TForce | Unionization IS Inevitable......(and growing more neccessary)

I'm positive you will have to sign cards prior to viewing the contract. They also will not let anyone take a copy of it home until it's ratified. You should only be able to view it at the hall after cards are signed and they have their 50% + 1.

HRS-SLAVE, there is nothing wrong with this site. The problem is your lack of understanding of how things work.

It's been mentioned over and over and over again but I'll explain it one more time.

The Teamsters cannot legally negotiate a contract for a group of employees that has not selected the them as their bargaining agent. The card check is the unions authorization to be your bargaining agent.

I don't think I could have made it any clearer.

Your red dots just mean are just a representation of how the members here feel about your posts.

OH! I GET IT... THANKS CFer... :funky:

Things not the same

I totally agree, things are not the same as they were with Overnite. Just remember this is UPS now and your a number not a name. I'm going to protect my job for my family. I may not agree with everything the union does but my Dad is a retired teamster with 35 years and he did ok. But we must stick together and stay strong and it'll all work out.

I am still trying to understand how everyone is so gung ho on signing cards without sitting down and going over what we will bargain for. I will not give my signature until I know what we are going to bargain for. Everyone going in blind is not such a great choice to me. I know many that were screwed by the teamsters during the strike.

We have to have enough card to get the teamsters even to help us. You must sigh the card first.

Sign a card for representation. No contract will be shoved down your throat. You will have to vote on one & majority rules. If a rejection, they go back & talk it out & try to work it out. In HRS, we have been lucky to have better managers than what I have been reading about on here. That will change & I am not waiting around for that day to act.

Sign a card for representation. No contract will be shoved down your throat. You will have to vote on one & majority rules. If a rejection, they go back & talk it out & try to work it out. In HRS, we have been lucky to have better managers than what I have been reading about on here. That will change & I am not waiting around for that day to act.

Yes, Mickey was always good and fair to his employee's. But, "O" is gone and Ups will dictate what managers have to do. Its not a free "O" ride anymore. And alot of employee's are starting to see that. Hrs. used to rule the North East. Not any more. I hope all of you at HRS get on board with the rest of us.:1036316054:

Once again we have the 'me soceity' guy asking guys to be part of his group. A group of one, with no power and say over his working environment. The union is a 'we soceity' and together "we' can get more for our efforts than by standing alone.:smilie_132:

E PLURIBUS UNUM :
Latin "one from many or one from many parts"
Without a union the emphasis is on the "pluribus" or parts, and with a union the emphasis in on the "unum" or one/ oneness.
Take care
Be safe:smilie_132:

They want 65% or more. Something to do with the card check rules. I'm not sure exactly why but thats what the rep said.

With new labor laws, less than 65% would give an indication to another union or to a decertification group that this particular barn is vulnerable to either.
With 65%+ this shows those groups that this barn is serious about Teamster (or whichever particular union is organizing) representation, and will not attempt to infringe on those attemps to organize.
Hope this helps:smilie_132:

Ohh ,I am sorry , I was under the impression they were going to show you prior, well that is probably true then.:smilie_132:

I don't know how they are doing it in different parts of the country But I'll tell you how they did it here.
They started handing out papers stating that they were beginning the organizing campaign. Invited anyone who had any questions to stop by the Hall and speak with the organizers or talk to them when they saw them near the terminal. A meeting was scheduled and the times/ days were posted in the terminal.
The meeting was held at the hall any one with questions/concerns were invited to express them after a explanation for those who had never belonged, of who the Teamsters were and what their goals were.
THE INDY CONTRACT WAS THERE FOR ALL TO READ. DUE TO LEGAL ISSUES NO COPIES OF THE CONTRACT ARE TO LEAVE THE HALL.
Cards were handed out and the full blown organizing began. We had a happy ending signed about 70%.
We are now in the 45 day conformation period, and as I understand it when that ends we can begin working on our local agreement. I have been to the hall on several occasions working with my BA to address the issues that my co workers have with the contract. It is my hope that this will speed up the local negoation part of this. If it already in the contract then we don't have to spend alot of time yakkin about it
Hope this Helps:1036316054:

I don't know how they are doing it in different parts of the country But I'll tell you how they did it here.
They started handing out papers stating that they were beginning the organizing campaign. Invited anyone who had any questions to stop by the Hall and speak with the organizers or talk to them when they saw them near the terminal. A meeting was scheduled and the times/ days were posted in the terminal.
The meeting was held at the hall any one with questions/concerns were invited to express them after a explanation for those who had never belonged, of who the Teamsters were and what their goals were.
THE INDY CONTRACT WAS THERE FOR ALL TO READ. DUE TO LEGAL ISSUES NO COPIES OF THE CONTRACT ARE TO LEAVE THE HALL.
Cards were handed out and the full blown organizing began. We had a happy ending signed about 70%.
We are now in the 45 day conformation period, and as I understand it when that ends we can begin working on our local agreement. I have been to the hall on several occasions working with my BA to address the issues that my co workers have with the contract. It is my hope that this will speed up the local negoation part of this. If it already in the contract then we don't have to spend alot of time yakkin about it
Hope this Helps:1036316054:

Sounds good, what terminal are you out of? I am out of New England and we are appearently at the end of the 45 day waiting period. Am I assuming correct when I say you may be part of New England as well?

Sounds good, what terminal are you out of? I am out of New England and we are appearently at the end of the 45 day waiting period. Am I assuming correct when I say you may be part of New England as well?

Nope
I'm out of Ky Hope your local negotiations go well.