TForce | ups freight/indy contract is done

So its going to take 11 more days for everyone at the Indy terminal to read this contract,and decide if they are going to vote on it,KK?

Well we've waited over a year I guess in the scheme of things another 11 days is nothing.

Good things come to those who wait..... a little longer. :hide: :1036316054:

I am still apprehensive about this "contract". What scares me most is the fact that everyone seems ready to sign off regardless of the language, just to have a contract.
"Teamsters announce handshake deal on contract" "WOO HOO, JUST SIGN ME UP" Why look it over, just sign it. Sorry, but that scares me!

What really scares me is I haven't seen one of you Senior drivers, Dockmen, or Jockeys ask anything about the Pensions.
Guess we'll all have to wait and see whats in writing.

So its going to take 11 more days for everyone at the Indy terminal to read this contract,and decide if they are going to vote on it,KK?

Well we've waited over a year I guess in the scheme of things another 11 days is nothing.

You know something I was thinking today.
I only have to reinstate my old Teamsters withdrawel card,and I will become an active member again without signing anything.
How about that,I'm not as dumb as I look,oh yeah,I said that already,I guess I've got to keep reminding myself.

While we wait...lets hug our little Teamster stuffed animal and sing this song as we stare at the screen.
Anticipation

Hmmm this song just reminds me of Heinz Ketchup.

Excellent post Accelerator! I have been a Teamster for 36 years now, and the last 20 with UPS. When I watch many of my freinds lose their jobs to the likes of CF, PIE, Garrett, and others I wonder when the corporate greed will ever stop. Some will say that the Teamsters didnt do enough to keep these people employed, but with the laws the government have imposed on organized labor over the last several years it is harder than ever to properly represent members, but we do the best we can and I think these tentative agreements with parcel and freight are excellent examples of that.
I can speak for many of my fellow UPS drivers that we are very happy to have you come on board with us, and look forward to sharing the benefits of working for this company with you.
The days of the O strike are gone and lets move forward to making UPS Freight the company that you deserve to work for!:1036316054:

10-4, AND THANX ,I agree, and shall we all prosper within the fruits of our labor.

WOW, That almost sounds trekey....:hysterical:

What really scares me is I haven't seen one of you Senior drivers, Dockmen, or Jockeys ask anything about the Pensions.

I have nothing to ask about the pension because I will take know ones word on what changes are made to the pension plan. I need to see in writing what the plan is.:1036316054:

IBT will start the nationwide card check campaign as soon as the Indy contract has been voted on by the workers.......that will be used as a model for the other terminals....sometime after 10/14/07.......KK

I heard the same thing from the Horses mouth in DC. After the vote, copies are to be given to all the locals and meetings will be set up with the local barns. :1036316054:

I heard the same thing from the Horses mouth in DC. After the vote, copies are to be given to all the locals and meetings will be set up with the local barns. :1036316054:

When this happens, Read the fine print and understand it. Its alot easier to resolve any issues now than it will be later.:1036316054:

You know something I was thinking today.
I only have to reinstate my old Teamsters withdrawel card,and I will become an active member again without signing anything.
How about that,I'm not as dumb as I look,oh yeah,I said that already,I guess I've got to keep reminding myself.

Yes you can and should....but the membership fee is waived for any newly organized group.....I was on the Conference call from DC yesterday at our Local, and they said the campaign will kick in AFTER Indy has voted on and ratified their contract....some time after 10/14.....KK

That will be the main facter if I vote for the contract.
Because I think Indy is going to sign no matter what.
If so hopefully most the other terminals won't till we
get what we really deserve. I've seen to many of the
teamsters sweet heart deals out west.

Motor Cargo in Reno comes to mind.

dono if you guys get this at youe terminals but it was like for the past year all these guys were gung ho about getting unionised and when it is almost a reality they start back stepping like it wont benefeit them cause they dont got much time left ya know that blows if it can benefeit the rest of us dont screw it up i believe if this dosent happen in a year they will be sorry and retiring and the younger guys will have to pay for there stupidity ...not gung ho but done the research and union seems the safe way to go just my oppinion and you all know we got them ... what ya think am i wrong to want the best for us all ... read what it says before you vote done vote wrong because your scared ... of change change is coming and its better to have some protection and keep rolling than not...

That will be the main facter if I vote for the contract.
Because I think Indy is going to sign no matter what.
If so hopefully most the other terminals won't till we
get what we really deserve. I've seen to many of the
teamsters sweet heart deals out west.

Motor Cargo in Reno comes to mind.

Well you are right about waiting too see what the contract entails, I too am waiting, but I am almost willing to bet this is going too happen, and think about it.

Mark these words, INDY is part of the central states pention fund, UPS is currently buying the central states pention fund back from the Teamsters, and is going in a joint venture with the Teamsters in managing this fund. Pending ratification, A SINGLE EMPLOYER PENTION FUND.

UPS managing the funds, with Teamster oversight.

Now , why would UPS put INDY, in a fund ,that they are going to buy out to begin with? Just a hunch, but we are going to have a SEPF with UPS controlling the fund with oversight of the Teamsters union..

What a better way to keep people honest, to a degree of coarse, but sounds a hell of a lot better then one party controlling it all, with a better manager.

Less filling ,tastes great.:1036316054: :1036316054: