TForce | UPS Tentative Contract Report: Updated Bulletin!

I'm at $24.50 with no Health insurance copays. Guaranteed 8 hrs, OT for Sat., doubletime for Sun.
We are at 25.70 , 15 dollar copays, 90% of the employees are guaranteed 8, everyone gets time and half after 8 a day and 40 in a week. dock and city are closed sundays .

This will be the last post to someone that thinks we should shut the company down because he is getting harassed at 25.70 an hour. What I should have stated is we are a full five dollars ahead of the non union competition . ABF is currently at 24.35 after our July raise we will be 1.80 ahead of the national master freight contract . So there you go .I stand corrected ...

Speak for ur own barn gideon, mine runs amazon swaps saturday and sunday, and we do alot of show freight on the weekends also.

we have amazon trips to run but only on saturday mornings ,its all voluntary and only the top 2 guys to sign up get it . saturday mornings there is a part time super on the city dock for 6 hours to do the amazon dispatches if anyone signs up. normally there is only 2 guys that sign up because unless your on a 1pm or later start you get 10+ a day. not sure about where you work but in pa if you go too far over 10 hours ot a week you jump up a tax bracket and uncle sam rapes your check harder.

This will be the last post to someone that thinks we should shut the company down because he is getting harassed at 25.70 an hour. What I should have stated is we are a full five dollars ahead of the non union competition . ABF is currently at 24.35 after our July raise we will be 1.80 ahead of the national master freight contract . So there you go .I stand corrected ...

Estes, Old Dominion, Dayton and I believe Fedex Freight are all over $23.

I'm not saying I think they should shut it down, I'm just saying I wouldn't care if they did. It would be funny to see all those managers out of work.

Why did you turn the key on before you put your seatbelt on? Why did you move the truck, sit for 2 minutes before you left for your next stop? Why did you hit 2 different docks at the same customer?

So you have your mind made up without having seen the finished product ? OK....... And you are probably right on the harassment.. Unfortunately that is something we need to learn to handle ourselves !!

I have read several of your post and I will say something is up with the way you defend ups, you say your vote depends on subcontracting but harassment is not a issue.
You need to go back to your office and stay off the ups freight drivers forums.
Karen

we have amazon trips to run but only on saturday mornings ,its all voluntary and only the top 2 guys to sign up get it . saturday mornings there is a part time super on the city dock for 6 hours to do the amazon dispatches if anyone signs up. normally there is only 2 guys that sign up because unless your on a 1pm or later start you get 10+ a day. not sure about where you work but in pa if you go too far over 10 hours ot a week you jump up a tax bracket and uncle sam rapes your check harder.
Money is money, just bcuz u get hit harder by uncle sam, doesnt mean a man should quit earning as much money he canfor his or her famiky.

Come on $$, some of us like to have a life outside of work. 40 hours is more than enough for me. But then again, I don't have a $600 pickup truck payment like half the clowns at my barn.

You know I don't understand all this harassment people keep complaining about. I'm sure it does happen but come on. I think management knows who they can yell at to make a point to others. And who they can't yell at. We all need to put on our big boy pants and do a good days work for a above average days pay. If you respect yourself and do your job no one will harass you. Never let anyone yell at you. You can fire me but you can't yell at me. We are all men and women that work here. I'm here for the money and I work for it. This is a tough job not for the faint of heart...