XPO | UPS to purchase CNF?

stefan75 said:
Brutus,i think is usless to try and explain to this guy what you mean,looks like he never been to any of them reships and seen it happen.
i believe your right.from the look of it i don't think he's every been on a dock except to walk to the other side.

Here we go again.... Last time this rumor went wild we sold the emery landing rights to UPS.... We probably sold menlo or something....:bananalama:

Oh man, this guy just absolutly has no clue. ANYONE who has loaded frieght for Conway would know the same frieght can travel in pups or a truckload trailer.

xco_dsr said:
Oh man, this guy just absolutly has no clue. ANYONE who has loaded frieght for Conway would know the same frieght can travel in pups or a truckload trailer.

Or even via CFI.

Rule 15 Skeeter

Skeeter said:
Conway drivers out west are saying their drivers back east are hearing there will be a soon coming announcement UPS buying Conway.

Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants. :shades:

One thing about it though they would never organize Conway. Who knows might be a calculated move.

15) No Union talk allowed on non-union trucking forums. PERIOD, causes nothing but flame wars and you will get banned from this site for doing so. Also NO Union bashing whatsoever allowed by non-union members on union trucking company forums. The Union/Non-Union forums are ther place for that. Any company owned by a company that is union is the only time union talk can be discussed in non union company forums. This website is not pro union or pro anti union, we are pro LTL drivers.

toosweet said:
Nope, customer's pay special pricing for truckload. I.e. -- Pay one rate, to move one time, the quickest, least likely to damage freight?????????

LTL and truckload is different????? I thought you knew that
ummmm, you're wrong.:poster_stupid: cwf uses truckload carriers EVERY SINGLE DAY to move MULTIPLE SHIPMENTS!!! when i was at XCL we loaded a CFI EVERYDAY during the outbound that went to mass. (springfield i think) then during the reship, they loaded a landspan and a CWTL bound for the west coast. you're obviously a clueless beancounter from XGO, so go ahead and get back to the crystal palace where the sun's always shining and the kool aid, when made by someone who doesn't know what they are doing, is TOOSWEET.

Back a couple years ago I was at the XDE reship and McClimon was there. At the tailgate meeting someone asked McClimon about the rumor of being sold. I Quote " The sale of CNF was a done deal until 911 and UPS got scared and backed out" Also DHL In one of their Press Releases Stated that they were in the market to aquire a LTL company . The company has been posting a $ 1.3 Billion profit a quarter. That was I think in Jan or Feb.

Why is it that a lot of new pups and tractors I have seen lately on the Ohio Turnpike are not marked except for a trailer #. And on the tractor it just says con-transportation on the bottom of the door. and that is it. Is the whole company being named?

We are all now con-way freight...no more central,western,southern on the outside only internally through the company are we split up. They are just waiting for the money to roll in to redo the trucks and trailers.

Toxic said:
15) No Union talk allowed on non-union trucking forums. PERIOD, causes nothing but flame wars and you will get banned from this site for doing so. Also NO Union bashing whatsoever allowed by non-union members on union trucking company forums. The Union/Non-Union forums are ther place for that. Any company owned by a company that is union is the only time union talk can be discussed in non union company forums. This website is not pro union or pro anti union, we are pro LTL drivers.

That was not union talk I was simply asking a question. Had nothing to do with pro or anti-union. Just something a Conway driver was telling me. But since you are so touchy on the subject sorry I won't post here again.

You guys need to lighten up or you will lose posters.

restored by brutus

brutus said:
news to me.
have not heard anything about this.

Not trying to start something just a road rumor driver said he heard from a buddy back east. You know how that goes.

But some of our team drivers out of Memphis has the same rumor. But that is all it is.

Toxic said:
toxic back off there has been no union talk in this thread yet.

Skeeter said:
That was not union talk I was simply asking a question. Had nothing to do with pro or anti-union. Just something a Conway driver was telling me. But since you are so touchy on the subject sorry I won't post here again.

You guys need to lighten up or you will lose posters.

restored by brutus
skeeter i restored your post because i wanted to respond to it.

as long as you do not try and recruit i will let some talk go on in here.toxic was over the line with his post.

skeeter said:
Originally Posted by Skeeter
Conway drivers out west are saying their drivers back east are hearing there will be a soon coming announcement UPS buying Conway.

Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants.

One thing about it though they would never organize Conway. Who knows might be a calculated move.
just to let you guys know this post is well with in the rule of this board.

mforeste said:
We are all now con-way freight...no more central,western,southern on the outside only internally through the company are we split up. They are just waiting for the money to roll in to redo the trucks and trailers.

Does this mean that all operating companies of Con-Way will be paid the same, or will there still be a seperation in this department. Because I believe that Con-Way southern gets paid a whole less then CCX does.

JimJoe (jj) said:
Does this mean that all operating companies of Con-Way will be paid the same, or will there still be a seperation in this department. Because I believe that Con-Way southern gets paid a whole less then CCX does.
they do and should. just consider the difference "hazard pay".

JimJoe (jj) said:
Why is it that a lot of new pups and tractors I have seen lately on the Ohio Turnpike are not marked except for a trailer #. And on the tractor it just says con-transportation on the bottom of the door. and that is it. Is the whole company being named?

I saw a pup at the Roanoke terminal(sitting along the fence) last Monday....had blue stripes on the bottom..and said conway freight on the upper rear sides...in blue lettering.

I went by thursday evening and it was gone.

badlionsfan said:
they do and should. just consider the difference "hazard pay".

Please explain your comment "they do" and "hazard pay" what are you trying to say they get paid the same across the country?

dodge ram said:
Back a couple years ago I was at the XDE reship and McClimon was there. At the tailgate meeting someone asked McClimon about the rumor of being sold. I Quote " The sale of CNF was a done deal until 911 and UPS got scared and backed out" Also DHL In one of their Press Releases Stated that they were in the market to aquire a LTL company . The company has been posting a $ 1.3 Billion profit a quarter. That was I think in Jan or Feb.
Same rumor around the same time about Consolidated Freightways ... pick whatever one you like but they are all just rumors except for the ones that happen.