XPO | UPS to purchase CNF?

JimJoe (jj) said:
Does this mean that all operating companies of Con-Way will be paid the same, or will there still be a seperation in this department. Because I believe that Con-Way southern gets paid a whole less then CCX does.

Not yet but we can hope so soon... We are still the 3 companies we are just sharing the name.. I hope they merge us all together as one, it would be cheaper... Afterall we are paying 3 Presidents, 3 VP's of Each title, Etc... We would be better off to get merged together and simply put the President of the Con-way Freight Masterbrand in charge...

JimJoe (jj) said:
Please explain your comment "they do" and "hazard pay" what are you trying to say they get paid the same across the country?
they do= ccx makes more.
hazard pay= snow and ice.

badlionsfan said:
they do= ccx makes more.
hazard pay= snow and ice.

I know CCX makes more but your explaination of hazard pay "snow and ice" is pretty lame in my book, for making more then the man doing the same job.

You have answered just like I thought you would. Thanks

JimJoe (jj) said:
I know CCX makes more but your explaination of hazard pay "snow and ice" is pretty lame in my book, for making more then the man doing the same job.

You have answered just like I thought you would. Thanks
when there's snow and ice it isn't the same job tho. to be honest i don't know what the reason is, but that was one possibility i heard when i worked there.

Cost of living, and how much pay it takes to retain employees. Listen to the ads for drivers on the radio and they will tell you (JB for one) that they offer special new hire rates in the places they really want to find drivers. At one point CF was trying to hire at full scale in certain areas (Chicago, Northeast) because they needed the help that badly.

the shadow said:
I know there is supposed to be some big announcement on Monday 8-14. Haven't heard what though.. Maybe new toilet paper, :D switching to single ply to improve ICP bonus or new XGO Kool-Aid flavors.
what was the big announcement that was to be announced? must have been another rumor

As for the trailers with the new CONWAY logo . We had one at LFW . It set for a few days . TM got a phone call to get it moving . They want them on the road . There is suppose to be only 50 .

Skeeter said:
Conway drivers out west are saying their drivers back east are hearing there will be a soon coming announcement UPS buying Conway.

Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants. :shades:

One thing about it though they would never organize Conway. Who knows might be a calculated move.

What is going on?????!!! It’s august and where is the freight?? I don’t know what we are going to do in the winter time!!! Many drivers are working for 20-25 Hrs a week in my service center, loosing 2 drivers every week and hiring 3 apprentices?? Looks like is the only type of drivers that are willing to work for this great company??!!! Where is the 10 and 12 hours shift that we had in previous years?? And its true Yellow/roadway/newpenn are working for 10-12 hours a day!!!. Some drivers of those companies the type of greeting that the give me is “ Went are you coming?? They had 11 drivers from my service center in the last 3 month and keep counting….

But it everything is going like the way it is right now, the stock is going to be so cheap that the rumors of UPS buying Conway is going to be a reality….That’s good or bad?? The only intelligent thing that have done this president its re branding the company and raise his own salary!!!!

Maybe it really is true :rolleyes1:
0397716b2a.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Roadeo said:
Maybe it really is true :rolleyes1:
0397716b2a.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
The B.A.UPS for 710 in chicago told me 4 years ago that they came close to buying us.He didn't say why It didn't happen.

In '99, talks were on with UPS and CF. at that time CF stocks rose 18 dollars in a month span. UPS never backed out because of 911. They actually made a non-formal offer to CF that was rejected because of the money CF would lose to pay off the leased facilities they did not own. This turned out to be a good move for UPS, they would have spent millions in re-alignment and equipment. Many say the same talks are going with DHL and CTS (Con-Way).. which would would be a good move.. in 10 years.. right now DHL has just become stable over seas and taken over the market. COn-Way has restructered their upper management too much in the past four years. After Hickerson left CSE and Wilson retired, Things became shakey in operations and have not fully settled yet! sorry to babble on.. just felt like typing

I heard that con-way saved so much money by cutting overtime,eliminating sick days, & running more vias that we're gonna buy UPS next year.

I heard that con-way saved so much money by cutting overtime,eliminating sick days, & running more vias that we're gonna buy UPS next year.
I heard alot from Con-way.. 6 years worth.. some good and some bad.. but with all the hours that i was working. it fell on deaf ears.. so i left and moved to a greener pasture. :hysterical: