TForce | UPSF trailers at UPS??

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
Have you ever noticed the big dents/divits in the pavement where the nose pole hits the ground?
I dont think they are from pulling the pin out and letting the pole drop....they are from the nose tipping forward and the pole hitting the ground....which would tell me that the poles are doing their job.

I noticed in KAN they have free standing nose poles under all of the MC pups at the dock.

I would assume in the terminals that don't use free standing nose poles...the dock workers are probably extra cautious when loading/unloading M/C pups.
I have seen many employees just let the poles drop. I have seen brand new terminals with concrete pads get destroyed because of letting the pole just drop. And I have also seen employees get hurt with bits of concrete splash up into the eye's after letting the pole drop. Its so easy to just let the pole ease down with gloves on!

Dallas Dog said:
another solution in Dallas we have a huge pipe up top if the trailer tips the pipe wont allow it to go over saves alot of time messing with the tilt bars
Any new "O" terminals are being built this way and do not use the nose poles. This saves money as to no damage to the lot and also save's time and money as the yard men can just drop, hook and go.