R&L | UT.R & L Semi & Car Crash in construction zone.

Looks like he got into a spot following to close and ran out of room when that car crashed in front of him.Glad everyones OK.

Since it was a city driver, I wonder if he had a stop in the area. When are these idiots going to realize that there are multiple LTL companies in the country that go a certain route because they have a stop there! I know I always tell people that we are basically like UPS but the stuff we deliver is bigger. I wish somebody would find out so the driver is not judged on why he was on that road.

Since it was a city driver, I wonder if he had a stop in the area. When are these idiots going to realize that there are multiple LTL companies in the country that go a certain route because they have a stop there! I know I always tell people that we are basically like UPS but the stuff we deliver is bigger. I wish somebody would find out so the driver is not judged on why he was on that road.

Will said big:1036316054:

That looks like some pretty aggresive driving for someone who should be on the clock.

That looks like some pretty aggresive driving for someone who should be on the clock.

for someone who knows nothing about what happened you sure pass the buck real quick. i know what happened and the driver did not get a ticket, the car did. he did have a stop at the next exit, so he had reason to be in that area. the caddy at the last minute decided to get off of the freeway, without checking to see if there was a truck next to them. i am not saying he did nothing wrong, but there is no perfect driver out there.

The drivers is not always at fault even though the media thinks so. Sounds like he did everything possible to avoid an accident. Rember all trucks are a rolling billboard with a bullseye on the side for the insurance company and lawers to aim for to get money. If you are in an accident they don't care if you did not cause it only how much they can get from the company.:hide:
All anyone can say is becareful out there and come home safe.

for someone who knows nothing about what happened you sure pass the buck real quick. i know what happened and the driver did not get a ticket, the car did. he did have a stop at the next exit, so he had reason to be in that area. the caddy at the last minute decided to get off of the freeway, without checking to see if there was a truck next to them. i am not saying he did nothing wrong, but there is no perfect driver out there.

I guess that's what happens when I believe what is said and written on that link. And I guess I shoudn't assume that R&L drivers in Utah speed and tailgate in and out of construction zones like they do here in the midwest.

I hope the driver is ok.That 4 wheeler needs to look out.:chairshot:

I guess that's what happens when I believe what is said and written on that link. And I guess I shoudn't assume that R&L drivers in Utah speed and tailgate in and out of construction zones like they do here in the midwest.

I don't think it is right for you think that all R+L Drivers drive this way. You may have seen this happen on occasion however most of us are very safe drivers. I am sure all companies have their own "cowboys" behind the wheel.
I have seen them. But I don't assume all their drivers are this way.

I don't think it is right for you think that all R+L Drivers drive this way. You may have seen this happen on occasion however most of us are very safe drivers. I am sure all companies have their own "cowboys" behind the wheel.
I have seen them. But I don't assume all their drivers are this way.

Wilsonwilson that is the best was to put that. Becouse we try to go out every day and be safe. Every company has there cowboys.Why is every time someone see a tractor trailer in a crash they think it is our fault. Not like the cars cut in front of us and slam on the brakes or they are to involved on there cell phone. People are going to think what they want to think.

I post most of the crashes on this trucking message board.
I search the internet everyday,with some days being almost crash free.
I take my time to do this to make drivers aware of the negative side of trucking.
So drivers will evaluate the reports,and focus on their own driving in the future.

I'm a retired UPS Freight city driver,and safety trainer,still looking out for the safety of all the commercial drivers that come to this message board.

To just look at crash scene photos,and read these crash reports its very hard to judge what really happened,unless someone was ticketed,our determined to be at fault by the authorities at the time the crash was reported.

I posted this crash on your forum to show your driver was ok,not to start some blame game.

Take care,get enough rest before your work shift,and always focus on everything your doing,your loved ones are depending on you to come home safe,and sound.

Wilson i disagree with you.If i see 10 R&L trucks in any given night i'll go out on a limb and say nine of them our driving like a-holes.Driving way to fast, weaving in and out of traffic, and changing lanes without signal lights.I hope your the one out of the ten i mentioned above.

First of all Moparman, it's spelled "are" drivers not "our" drivers so lets go back to third grade and learn some basic spelling ok. Second, where are you located at that you say R&L drivers are driving like A-holes. Is this in the city or over the road? Like myself and other linehaul drivers on here we pretty much all agree that we as the little guys can not help on how the truck is set up to run. Yes, we may let the truck coast a little faster than our governed speed to get a run for the next hill but doesn't almost everybody? In my opinion, the most unsafe trucks on the road are company's like Con-Way who set their trucks to top out at 63 which is not even the speed limit! So I finish by saying take your negative comments about R&L drivers and shove them up your *ss!:hysterical:

At the end of the day the signs still say NO Semis !

If you watched the video, you would see that the road is legal to trucks but they want the longhaul trucks to detour. For the mentally slow people like you, we have to explain to you multiple times that it was a local city driver attempting to make a delivery in the area of the accident! Look at the facts next time moron!:duh: