Yellow | UTILITY DRIVERS NOW?

You use one trailer. The 45/96.
And ya never have to think about if it can be used and move freight.
You can almost always use it.
And when you make deliveries....you can make more pickups than a pup.....more $$$$ for your terminal
And you can go anywhere for deliveries. And anywhere for pickups
12'6"....also
That gets rid of that extra foot of greed and agrivation with alot of bridges and tunnels.

Then you always have the right trailer for the job
You’re trying to convince everyone that the guy working the dock in Boston sat down and lined up the bills before loading the freight in the exact order it was going to be delivered in Buffalo. Freight had to be unloaded in Buffalo to get put on the proper run trailer and freight added to the trailer that came out of Boston to build a city run. Having 45/96 trailers may be required in your city but 53/102 is generally good in my city save a few of the older parts of town that are loaded on pups. We all know short haul overnight freight pays a premium dollar while long haul freight is cutthroat rates. When you mix the two together there has to be compromise. Building a high density load to a break bulk gets the freight down the road closer to destination for both modes where the local freight can be delivered and the long haul can be put on a high density load direct to destination. What works in your short haul company is different to what works in my long haul company. You don’t like long wide trailers or pups and I don’t like the terminal I’m in now or the change of truck color and name change. It doesn’t change the fact that I drag my a$$ out of bed every morning to do my job and earn a pay check. Things in life change over time and we all have to learn to adapt or we move on to the next best thing.