Yellow | UTILITY DRIVERS NOW?

OK, but what if 1 trailer was a 102 wide pup, the next a 96 wide 45, and the last a 102, 53'? Would the savings realized by dividing the tonnage on a percent of cube used in each trailer, multiplied by how many different New Penn terminals all the freight was destined for, change the freight class, and the synergy savings would end up in the Caymans,under CEO bonus?
Or, poof, would all the savings cancel each other out because the freight was transferred by the Spy on a Friday?
i hope that's not they way a set of trips would by strung

OK, but what if 1 trailer was a 102 wide pup, the next a 96 wide 45, and the last a 102, 53'? Would the savings realized by dividing the tonnage on a percent of cube used in each trailer, multiplied by how many different New Penn terminals all the freight was destined for, change the freight class, and the synergy savings would end up in the Caymans,under CEO bonus?
Or, poof, would all the savings cancel each other out because the freight was transferred by the Spy on a Friday?
So per "Jamie" he always said add up all 3 trailers width & length and the divide by 15% ,to get your true "Synergy" savings and yes Roadway Spy has the final say on cost savings on Friday's !

You use one trailer. The 45/96.
And ya never have to think about if it can be used and move freight.
You can almost always use it.
And when you make deliveries....you can make more pickups than a pup.....more $$$$ for your terminal
And you can go anywhere for deliveries. And anywhere for pickups
12'6"....also
That gets rid of that extra foot of greed and agrivation with alot of bridges and tunnels.

Then you always have the right trailer for the job
I have a question for you, not wishing any thing bad, or implying anything. With your obsession with a 45x96 by 12’6 you need to figure out how many cemetery plots you will need when you pass so they can bury you in a 45x96, let alone the size of the headstone.
Don’t settle for a pup, “go big or go home.”

That math problem is missing something, I think you left out 46 mph divided by annual mirror replacement cost and by cost of inflation on popcorn.

You haul the big trailers.
That's fine.
We took our hits from this BS company and now they want more....and I know New Penn's system made money and theirs never did and never will....and they're gonna expect us to haul around wider trailers and longer trailers and trailers packed full.
And stupid dollies with 2 trailers. We didn't do that because it loses money.

So the expectation is to do more. Learn new stuff. Haul more stuff....Take more risks every day

Just for them to lose money.....and after we do l this extra BS....they're not gonna give anything extra.
They'll more than probably ask us to take cuts.
Just got back from my yearly stress test for this stupid license for this stupid job...and the last minute when I'm angry as Hell and about ready to quit.....brings me to the point of asking why the F I'm doing this at all. It's a sick money racket of a business. From the companies to the customers to the government to the doctor who gets a big check and my day off every year.

We should get a negotiation to change

Dude calm down. I don’t take there side, they will tear freight up no matter where they load it. I see freight torn up setting on the dock with nothing around it. Some freight gets damaged by poor packaging and strapping to the pallet.

As far as 45x96 that is a dinosaur, I would be surprised at the cost to have one made verses a 48x 102, let alone trying to sell one or trade one in. Remember what I said about changing with times, Union, members and companies all have to change or become extinct. Market conditions determine availability of new and used equipment as well as what that equipment is, standard transmission are just about gone, why because the industry has changed, that doesn’t make you or I superior because we can drive them. There is an old saying no matter how thin you slice the bologna there is still two sides. Worry about what you can change, not what you think you can.

Talk care of your self and family, set outside in the nice weather and enjoy the things the good lord has provided for you.

That math problem is missing something, I think you left out 46 mph divided by annual mirror replacement cost and by cost of inflation on popcorn.
I left that part of the equation blank, because you first have to specify which companies driver is driving, if the trailer has a roll up door or not, and if the driver is wearing a straight jacket.

Dude calm down. I don’t take there side, they will tear freight up no matter where they load it. I see freight torn up setting on the dock with nothing around it. Some freight gets damaged by poor packaging and strapping to the pallet.

As far as 45x96 that is a dinosaur, I would be surprised at the cost to have one made verses a 48x 102, let alone trying to sell one or trade one in. Remember what I said about changing with times, Union, members and companies all have to change or become extinct. Market conditions determine availability of new and used equipment as well as what that equipment is, standard transmission are just about gone, why because the industry has changed, that doesn’t make you or I superior because we can drive them. There is an old saying no matter how thin you slice the bologna there is still two sides. Worry about what you can change, not what you think you can.

Talk care of your self and family, set outside in the nice weather and enjoy the things the good lord has provided for you.
Plus just look at all the prestige we would miss if we didn't pull the big stuff with 2 or 3 trailers.
We gotta have em!