Yellow | Utility Man

F!FLagger

TB Lurker
Credits
Roadway and Teamsters are meeting in Texas to get approval to start using the Utility man.
Roadway has taken the position that if they don't get to use them , they will close the doors.
That came from a Roadway Mangt. Type.
I don't know how or what they are looking to get approval for.
But that was the statement, and it was repeated when asked again.

Roadway and Teamsters are meeting in Texas to get approval to start using the Utility man.
Roadway has taken the position that if they don't get to use them , they will close the doors.

Ok, let me be the first. Where are you getting this info? "came from a Roadway Mgmt Type". Would that be Road, P&D or Casual? (cuz we could all do better than YRC Mgmt. :) )

I know this is just a message board, but even the Clinton New's Network (CNN) would not run a story without being able to back it up without a source, or at least being able to prove thier twisted version. (ok, maybe they would, nevermind)

PPL, be more specific if you have some info, there's enough enquirer headlines floating around here. Tell us where you get this stuff, if you can't produce any source, then your just wasting our time.
But I'll keep reading any way. :hide:

It has to be new business for the company to move this freight with a Utility driver. That's what our BA told us. He also said alot of stuff was gray so I see no sunshine in all of this.

Ok, let me be the first. Where are you getting this info? "came from a Roadway Mgmt Type". Would that be Road, P&D or Casual? (cuz we could all do better than YRC Mgmt. :) )

I know this is just a message board, but even the Clinton New's Network (CNN) would not run a story without being able to back it up without a source, or at least being able to prove thier twisted version. (ok, maybe they would, nevermind)

PPL, be more specific if you have some info, there's enough enquirer headlines floating around here. Tell us where you get this stuff, if you can't produce any source, then your just wasting our time.
But I'll keep reading any way. :hide:

Info came from the BA. who got the statement from Roadway Mgt at the meeting

very good, ty Sir. Now is this just at your Local or Nationwide?

Yes, the Utility has passed and they are prob just trying to get the next few week's waived so they can go ahead and impliment thier program and iron out any hurdles.

However I don't think that they'd close the doors if we don't do it now, cuz two weeks aint gonna make much differance. If that's the straw, then we may all be looking for a new camel anyway.

If they are adamant about getting this done now, is't simply an effort to get some back-loged freight moved for less money. jmop

very good, ty Sir. Now is this just at your Local or Nationwide?

Yes, the Utility has passed and they are prob just trying to get the next few week's waived so they can go ahead and impliment thier program and iron out any hurdles.

However I don't think that they'd close the doors if we don't do it now, cuz two weeks aint gonna make much differance. If that's the straw, then we may all be looking for a new camel anyway.

If they are adamant about getting this done now, is't simply an effort to get some back-loged freight moved for less money. jmop

I can't answer all of that. I am just relaying what was told to me by the BA.
They (YRC - Teamsters) are in Texas to decide the Change of Opps. to impliment the use of the Utility Man.
I was not aware achange of opps needed to be applied for and approved inorder to use the utility man. I was told yes.
And the Freight guy told our BA that if it didn't go through the way YRC wants it, they are prepared to close the doors on RDWY. The BA aske again, if that was B. S. and was told no.
So that is all I know about it.
I put it out there so perhaps other people might be able to work their sources and get more info.

It has to be new business for the company to move this freight with a Utility driver. That's what our BA told us. He also said alot of stuff was gray so I see no sunshine in all of this.

The PSE was new business only---The UE is NOT. It is for ANY same day,next day or second day freight.

And the Freight guy told our BA that if it didn't go through the way YRC wants it, they are prepared to close the doors on RDWY.

Roadway, as usual, had better operating results and revenue than any other division of YRC. Why would YRC cut off their nose to spite their face? Besides, if it wasn't for the Roadway cash cow in the first place, this whole YRC thinggy might have never happened. Roadway ALWAYS made money before Yellow took control. Cut us loose. Do us a favor. We will always make money left to our own devices.

"Strike one" for the Teamsters Union vs.YRC!

Hell, I wont even LOOK at a unit for 14.00 per hour, much less hold the wheel for 11 hrs.

What the hell were they thinking ? :hide:

Roadway, as usual, had better operating results and revenue than any other division of YRC. Why would YRC cut off their nose to spite their face? Besides, if it wasn't for the Roadway cash cow in the first place, this whole YRC thinggy might have never happened. Roadway ALWAYS made money before Yellow took control. Cut us loose. Do us a favor. We will always make money left to our own devices.

Bingo!!!! :1036316054:

The PSE was new business only---The UE is NOT. It is for ANY same day,next day or second day freight.

Thank you, I am sick of hearing people say the UE is for new freight only. I wish our brothers and sisters would get themselves educated on the contract instead of just listening to their B.A. Lets not forget the B.A.'s and local officers were telling us all what a great deal this is gonna be.

Yes

Thank you, I am sick of hearing people say the UE is for new freight only. I wish our brothers and sisters would get themselves educated on the contract instead of just listening to their B.A. Lets not forget the B.A.'s and local officers were telling us all what a great deal this is gonna be.

And pitty the fools who listened and voted yes to it.
Now that same threat was repeated to our other Steward by the Sec. Tres. of the local.
Again I am just repeating what was said by local union representatives.
I imagine YRC is using the threat to get what they want.
It worked on members who voted for the pice of s--t contract.
Now they are using it to get what they wnat out of the utility man.
Just remember who voted for this!

And pitty the fools who listened and voted yes to it.
Now that same threat was repeated to our other Steward by the Sec. Tres. of the local.
Again I am just repeating what was said by local union representatives.
I imagine YRC is using the threat to get what they want.
It worked on members who voted for the pice of s--t contract.
Now they are using it to get what they wnat out of the utility man.
Just remember who voted for this!

We will now be YRC Con-Way!:nutkick:

UE committee

Had a talk with a steward yesterday about UEs.They(company)have to submit a proposal to the local UE committee with # of positions,5-8s,4-10s,start times etc.;etc. before anything other than previous PSE work goes down that road.It's not a coo.It will only be approved after 2 martinis and a lap dance at our local.

According to my TM,my BA,and our labor guy there is no plans now or in the near future to implement any Utility bids at our terminal.We just finished our annual job bidding and there wasn't a utility bid to be had.They just wanted the utility language in there so if and when they do implement it they won't have to have an act of congress to get it done.

According to my TM,my BA,and our labor guy there is no plans now or in the near future to implement any Utility bids at our terminal.We just finished our annual job bidding and there wasn't a utility bid to be had.They just wanted the utility language in there so if and when they do implement it they won't have to have an act of congress to get it done.
BIG shock! Any move to get more work is put on back burner and any screwing workers for money is on track even before the new contract. (see Big R's search for 4 hour casuals on it's job site):chairshot:

I haven't been on the boards for sometime but was looking for a good laugh. I personally wouldn't believe this so called BA that we're speaking of. Show me some true statements he made and I'll show you 2 lies for everyone.