Yellow | Utility Man

boys boys please
any utility posting is not automatic unless you had pse positions filled prior to 4-1
if there were none then a coo is neccessary
if you had some the company can only post that number of utility bids

so don't worry be happy

Roadway, as usual, had better operating results and revenue than any other division of YRC. Why would YRC cut off their nose to spite their face? Besides, if it wasn't for the Roadway cash cow in the first place, this whole YRC thinggy might have never happened. Roadway ALWAYS made money before Yellow took control. Cut us loose. Do us a favor. We will always make money left to our wn devices.

Um, I beg to differ. Roadway is not the cash cow in any way. Not sure where you are getting your financial information, but Roadway did not have better operating results than any other division of YRC. First quarter results showed that only the Logistics division was profitable. And that isnt' a first. Last year we lost our bonus due to the sister companies (Roadway and USF in particular) taking a large loss!

Um, I beg to differ. Roadway is not the cash cow in any way. Not sure where you are getting your financial information, but Roadway did not have better operating results than any other division of YRC. First quarter results showed that only the Logistics division was profitable. And that isnt' a first. Last year we lost our bonus due to the sister companies (Roadway and USF in particular) taking a large loss!
Read the quote "Before Yellow". Not after Yellow.

Not sure about that long ago, but come on, you are looking at two different markets. A lot of companies were more profitable back then. I deal in the finance end of the business and can tell you EVERY trucking company is hurting. While Roadway, Yellow and the large ones can absorb some of it, smaller companies are going under at record pace. I get calls daily from carriers needing payment TODAY for shipments delivered yesterday.

And pitty the fools who listened and voted yes to it.
Now that same threat was repeated to our other Steward by the Sec. Tres. of the local.
Again I am just repeating what was said by local union representatives.
I imagine YRC is using the threat to get what they want.
It worked on members who voted for the pice of s--t contract.
Now they are using it to get what they wnat out of the utility man.
Just remember who voted for this!

Or once the economy turns around and YRCW and the Teamsters Union have survived, it will be because of the p.o.s contract we voted for.

The contract was in no way a good one.
However, I do believe it was a necessary one.

Thats because you still have you're job. Amazing how many people, that thought like you n Mud and who voted the same way at LCP (Yellow), have changed their entire outlook. Of course their job had to go down the crapper first. I guess if you think you're secure and its just other guys that gotta "Suck it UP", its easy to think that way.

Oh well pat yourself on the back, enjoy your coffee, 5 punches and healthcare. Those of not working, without healthcare, hoping we don't lose our pensions, hoping we get at least a chance to save our job, even if it means uprooting our families and moving 800 miles away salute you. Of course thats gonna be at our own expense and from all indications we'll lose our seniority. By the way. where are all those OTHER jobs, that ya'll keep referring to that are just down the street and pay so well. with such great working conditions? The writing on the wall I was reading, when I voted NO, didn't have a listing for them.

At least if you're a stockholder you'll be happy. My job and many others being gone are giving them a projected .20 p/s profit. After they take it out of the company, the company can again say "We don't have any money". Then they'll lay off more teamsters and give more freight to GM.

First quarter results showed that only the Logistics division was profitable. And that isnt' a first.

With YRC diverting it's freight from the Union Carriers to YRC Logistics and Glenn Moore, it's easy to see why the numbers have flipped. It's a lot easier to be profitable when you are paying lower wages, less benefits, little or no pension and getting the freight from the big boys.

Last year we lost our bonus due to the sister companies (Roadway and USF in particular) taking a large loss!

With thousands of Teamsters laid off due to YRC mismanagement, and all of our freight being diverted away from the people that made these companies what they were, Personally, I could give a rat's ///about your bonus.
I deal in the finance end of the business and can tell you EVERY trucking company is hurting.

Don't hand me this generalization crap that everyone is hurting. When I hear that 10 loads need to move and there are only 6 drivers available due to layoffs, and they refuse to call men back to work, then something just doesn't quite cut the mustard. When I see that loads are sitting at the terminals because there are no people to move them, I find it hard to believe that our hardship is not being artificially created. There is no reason for a GM or Logistic truck to be pulling Yellow, Roadway, or USF freight when men are home wondering how to provide for their families.
I wonder how much freight would be diverted if Logistics and GM became unionized???:nutkick:

Contract

Thats because you still have you're job. Amazing how many people, that thought like you n Mud and who voted the same way at LCP (Yellow), have changed their entire outlook. Of course their job had to go down the crapper first. I guess if you think you're secure and its just other guys that gotta "Suck it UP", its easy to think that way.

Oh well pat yourself on the back, enjoy your coffee, 5 punches and healthcare. Those of not working, without healthcare, hoping we don't lose our pensions, hoping we get at least a chance to save our job, even if it means uprooting our families and moving 800 miles away salute you. Of course thats gonna be at our own expense and from all indications we'll lose our seniority. By the way. where are all those OTHER jobs, that ya'll keep referring to that are just down the street and pay so well. with such great working conditions? The writing on the wall I was reading, when I voted NO, didn't have a listing for them.

At least if you're a stockholder you'll be happy. My job and many others being gone are giving them a projected .20 p/s profit. After they take it out of the company, the company can again say "We don't have any money". Then they'll lay off more teamsters and give more freight to GM.

My intention with a yes vote was to save your pension and mine and save the bleeding off of union jobs to non union carriers.
Our stock was around $11.00-$12.00 per share during our contract meetings.
A no vote would have caused that price to plummet as well as caused major shippers to pull off of us and go with a non union carrier never again to return.

I was also concerned about the possibility of liquidation when the stock falls that low.

When all is said and one with this change of operations will there be fewer,the same or more union jobs at YRC?

By the way I am a bottom guy.
Logically, I would have more to loose by a yes vote, correct?

My intention with a yes vote was to save your pension and mine and save the bleeding off of union jobs to non union carriers.
Our stock was around $11.00-$12.00 per share during our contract meetings.
A no vote would have caused that price to plummet as well as caused major shippers to pull off of us and go with a non union carrier never again to return.

I was also concerned about the possibility of liquidation when the stock falls that low.

When all is said and one with this change of operations will there be fewer,the same or more union jobs at YRC?

By the way I am a bottom guy.
Logically, I would have more to loose by a yes vote, correct?

Your YES vote didn't save my job or my pension. Just yours evidently. It caused the bleeding off of jobs to non union carriers. Thats where mine went. Did you vote on a different contract than me? My copy clearly said they it would bleed of jobs to non union carriers. Stock prices fluctuate all the time. If you know anything about stocks, you know they can be manipulated as easily as the income and profit statements used by the people buying them. A NO vote would have simply put them to plan B. No one was going to strike or interrupt the flow of freight. Do you see 710 or 705 shut down or on strike???? Hello!!! their contract was up 6 weeks ago. The only reason we have lost customers was because THE COMPANY stopped letting us service them.

Jobs

Your YES vote didn't save my job or my pension. Just yours evidently. It caused the bleeding off of jobs to non union carriers. Thats where mine went. Did you vote on a different contract than me? My copy clearly said they it would bleed of jobs to non union carriers. Stock prices fluctuate all the time. If you know anything about stocks, you know they can be manipulated as easily as the income and profit statements used by the people buying them. A NO vote would have simply put them to plan B. No one was going to strike or interrupt the flow of freight. Do you see 710 or 705 shut down or on strike???? Hello!!! their contract was up 6 weeks ago. The only reason we have lost customers was because THE COMPANY stopped letting us service them.

"Your YES vote didn't save my job or my pension. Just yours evidently. It caused the bleeding off of jobs to non union carriers. Thats where mine went"

So by your "no" vote you were just looking out for your job?

"Did you vote on a different contract than me?"

Nope same one. but, we came to very different conclusions!

"My copy clearly said they it would bleed of jobs to non union carriers."

Non union carriers that the union hoped to organize which would lead to more union jobs.
Also,Those adversly affected by the rail change would be guarenteed road jobs in the system and that they would dovetail into the board were they transfered.

"Stock prices fluctuate all the time. If you know anything about stocks, you know they can be manipulated as easily as the income and profit statements used by the people buying them."

Agreed.

"A NO vote would have simply put them to plan B. No one was going to strike or interrupt the flow of freight"

If you Google some key words with regard to some more recent strikes you will see in the articles that freight diversion was very common.Some of which never came back.

"Your YES vote didn't save my job or my pension. Just yours evidently. It caused the bleeding off of jobs to non union carriers. Thats where mine went"

So by your "no" vote you were just looking out for your job?

"Did you vote on a different contract than me?"

Nope same one. but, we came to very different conclusions!

"My copy clearly said they it would bleed of jobs to non union carriers."

Non union carriers that the union hoped to organize which would lead to more union jobs.
Also,Those adversly affected by the rail change would be guarenteed road jobs in the system and that they would dovetail into the board were they transfered.

"Stock prices fluctuate all the time. If you know anything about stocks, you know they can be manipulated as easily as the income and profit statements used by the people buying them."

Agreed.

"A NO vote would have simply put them to plan B. No one was going to strike or interrupt the flow of freight"

If you Google some key words with regard to some more recent strikes you will see in the articles that freight diversion was very common.Some of which never came back.

First - You can look back on every post I made during the contract discussions, twist it how you will, everyone here knows I support every Brother willing to stand up for his own job.

Second- You admit I was correct, you said you voted Yes on a contract giving away our jobs to non union carriers, to keep our jobs from going to non union carriers. Have you ever considered a career at CDO (Yellow Central Dispatch Office), you seem to think the way they do.

Third - Thats what happens when a company goes on strike. No one here ever got close to a strike. We never even got to second base (YRC's second offer), because the contract was ratified. Have you ever looked Googled procedures of contract negotiations, to learn how they are done? Negotiation, Offer Accepted or Denied, Renegotiation ..... or did you think it was Negotiation, Offer, Capitulation!!!

Contract

First - You can look back on every post I made during the contract discussions, twist it how you will, everyone here knows I support every Brother willing to stand up for his own job.

Second- You admit I was correct, you said you voted Yes on a contract giving away our jobs to non union carriers, to keep our jobs from going to non union carriers. Have you ever considered a career at CDO (Yellow Central Dispatch Office), you seem to think the way they do.

Third - Thats what happens when a company goes on strike. No one here ever got close to a strike. We never even got to second base (YRC's second offer), because the contract was ratified. Have you ever looked Googled procedures of contract negotiations, to learn how they are done? Negotiation, Offer Accepted or Denied, Renegotiation ..... or did you think it was Negotiation, Offer, Capitulation!!!

In another thread you were offering encoragement to a driver asking for prayer.
you recounted a story called "The Perfect Mistake" (which I thought was very good)
Maybe this contract being ratified was a "Perfect Mistake"?

In another thread you were offering encoragement to a driver asking for prayer.
you recounted a story called "The Perfect Mistake" (which I thought was very good)
Maybe this contract being ratified was a "Perfect Mistake"?

My wife was offered a job paying about as much as I make last week. She may take it because I'm laid off. He definitely makes for an interesting life, whether its good or bad happening.

vwaggs, do you think your the first person who has ever been layed off, or had the experience of sitting by the phone waiting for a work call, or fought with the wife about money, or have had to watch her take a job to help support the family?
Do you think everybody on your board started out working five punches and with health care? I don't think so. What I am sure of is, you will survive this hard period in you life and probably with flying colors.

vwaggs, do you think your the first person who has ever been layed off, or had the experience of sitting by the phone waiting for a work call, or fought with the wife about money, or have had to watch her take a job to help support the family?
Do you think everybody on your board started out working five punches and with health care? I don't think so. What I am sure of is, you will survive this hard period in you life and probably with flying colors.
boys, stop fighting...... can't we all just get along? REMEMBER ONE THING... we all work for the same company, we're all in the same boat....and though the future doesn't look so bright for most of us right now.....WE WILL get through it.....have some faith:deal:

we were told .any freight thats on the dock today and not yesterday is considered new freight .and any load a u/d backs under is a utility load

boys, stop fighting...... can't we all just get along? REMEMBER ONE THING... we all work for the same company, we're all in the same boat....and though the future doesn't look so bright for most of us right now.....WE WILL get through it.....have some faith:deal:
Me, fight with vwaggs, never.
And I could not agree more. Were all in this together.