Yellow | Velocity Begins Tonight

$$$ Bill and Co

I belive these few people at the top of the food chain have the smarts to pull off just about anything. Its the next rung on the ladder and down that I don't have too much faith in. I sure wish my retirement check will come soon.

:shrug:worked last night,went to nsh,my inbound trailer was empty,my return trailer was already loaded full when I got there.I hooked up and was ready to leave in 30 min. They put me on a forklift and showed me how to operate the computer and I unloaded freight, mostly not what I thought was velocity freight but linehaul freight.I thought we were to handle freight to and from other utility drivers only.Other drivers were under the same impression, (we didn't handle hardly any ue freight).Seems to me that we are being used to eliminate road,dock and hostlers. going to try it a little longer and see if it gets better.i understand they need to work out some bugs so as i said will give it a little more time.

Thanks all for the intelligent answers. I certainetly hope you guys are right. I understand we will speed up our system to match the nons which I agree must be done. I fear that it will still come down to price, so to be honest I'm not expecting much. I pray the company did their homework, know what their talking about, and wants it to work as much as we do. I also know if they get out of the way we can make it happen. :1036316054:

Guess who! Sorry, I couldn't let this go. Think about this. We have been competing against these non-unions for years now, and we couldn't compare price-wise or could we match service times, frequently. How, pray tell, have we managed to survive all this time? As far as I can tell, there is only one thing left. We did the job better. Why else would they keep using us? I'm not saying this is the answer. I'm just saying I have thought about this for years now, and I cannot come up with any other answer.

Well now we can compete service-wise, and my old manager says we can also compete price-wise, too. That sounds pretty damned exciting to me. You might say they can just underbid us. They can, but they always could, and we still got our business. So I say it again. Why? As bad as Smid and Zollars are, your words not mine, our non-union competition must have some real winners, huh?

I saw 3 sets of Yellows running together around I270 ( bypass around COL ) yesterday. Thats the first time I've seen that in over 10 years. I'd like to see that more often. All twelve of our UE's worked 12 hours Sunday night into Mon morning, they worked on the dock at CIN and RFO any type of frt that needed worked. It only takes twelve years to hold a job in COL now, things are looking up.:shock:

I saw 3 sets of Yellows running together around I270 ( bypass around COL ) yesterday. Thats the first time I've seen that in over 10 years. I'd like to see that more often. All twelve of our UE's worked 12 hours Sunday night into Mon morning, they worked on the dock at CIN and RFO any type of frt that needed worked. It only takes twelve years to hold a job in COL now, things are looking up.:shock:

Now with this "One Move" scheduling, we'll have to worry about massive traffic jams behind these convoys. Its up to us to be more vigilent, when in heavier traffic, to allow the traffic to flow properly.

That mean your trucks are slow, like Con-Way's? :funky: My husband passed another truck one night, came home in shock!! had to lay him down and get a cold washcloth while the shock wore off....... poor baby...

Serious now: you guys are a pretty good bunch, have a great sense of humor, welcomed me here when I don't have anything really to contribute. I know you compete against Con-Way and the others but I sincerely hope this turns out good for you.

P.S. When I get to Little Rock next month, anyone know a good gag to pull on vwaggs? Don't tell him what I'm gonna do, it'll be our little secret...

Now with this "One Move" scheduling, we'll have to worry about massive traffic jams behind these convoys. Its up to us to be more vigilent, when in heavier traffic, to allow the traffic to flow properly.

IND to STL

New change in freight flow here all IND loads to STL. Still wonder why we have Yellow teams on clock and Glenmoore drops and picks and leaves. While the guys on the clock are going to the same place ??
Poor management and doctored up numbers seem to haunt this operation

nobody saw me, you cant prove a thing!!

....P.S. When I get to Little Rock next month, anyone know a good gag to pull on vwaggs? Don't tell him what I'm gonna do, it'll be our little secret...
Oh no! I'm already looking over my shoulder , waiting for the inevitable payback from vwaggs!

I just know I'll take the fall for this too. :duh:

And of course, I would never pick on vwaggs :rolleyes1:
(dont forget to vote in the missing vwaggs poll) :shades:

*cough cough* bull..*** *cough cough* :hysterical:

Oh no! I'm already looking over my shoulder , waiting for the inevitable payback from vwaggs!

I just know I'll take the fall for this too. :duh:

And of course, I would never pick on vwaggs :rolleyes1:
(dont forget to vote in the missing vwaggs poll) :shades:

Why? As bad as Smid and Zollars are, your words not mine, our non-union competition must have some real winners, huh?
Because of the Rdwy spiral I've been watching, Preston, ICl, Bruce Cartage, Jevic. Not sure if I missed any and no they were not in charge through it all. But that is what formed my opinion of Yellow and I'm kinda bull headed sometimes. :1036316054: And I would feel left out if you never come after me. :hysterical:

I was Ready but still have not turned a wheel.

:hysterical: I am glad to see some of you have made it to the big time on the new change.LOL I transfered into Paducah Ky as a road driver and I have not turned a wheel. it seems that someone screwed up and they only needed 4 drivers and she had one on lay off. I make number 5. I am stuck on the newly developed extra board with no work. any suggestions . as to what i need to do. the local was so happy about the new drivers and utility drivers coming in that the B A is gone till next week. :hysterical::butt kiss:

almost the same boat here - i transferred into a 10% spot and I don't know when I am gonna work or not - till they call me - worked the last 2 days though

:hysterical: I am glad to see some of you have made it to the big time on the new change.LOL I transfered into Paducah Ky as a road driver and I have not turned a wheel. it seems that someone screwed up and they only needed 4 drivers and she had one on lay off. I make number 5. I am stuck on the newly developed extra board with no work. any suggestions . as to what i need to do. the local was so happy about the new drivers and utility drivers coming in that the B A is gone till next week. :hysterical::butt kiss:

According to the COO, YOU are supposed to work while the laid off guy stays laid off. He is only supposed to take his place after recall.