Yellow | Velocity Begins Tonight

Boyscout

TB Lurker
Credits
Tonight around the system the new velocity concept starts its big kickoff.....
So lets get this new begining off to a good start, no whinning, no crying, lets just get it done for a few days and get that freight moved....
We can cry in a few days after the bugs get worked out....right now weve gotta worry about the first impressions to our customers...Lets show them we can do a better job than fed ex

I can already see the problems tho, ie greivences filed and lots of boohooing the first couple of days...Just remember boys, GOTTA MAKE THIS WORK, or we will all be at con-way or some other :hide: ltl carrier.

Plenty of time in a few weeks to get the things sqaured away with the way things should be working per contract...

Be careful out there and ill see you in SVT tonight

I Am Aboard For This Coo To Work. Unfortunally I Was Laid Off This Past Week. The Sad Thing Is That I Have Seen Many Senior Men Purposly Abuse Company Equipment And They Are Still Are Working. I Cannot Believe That These People Can Still Be Working And I Am Sitting At Home Waiting For The Call. Go Yellow, And Lets Kick Some Tail.

Would someone please explain to me why this is gonna save Yrc? And I'm not being a smart arse either I just don't see the whole picture. "IF" this is the Holy Grail to trucking the nons will copy us so fast that it will make our head spin, and we will be right back on the same footing. Maybe I'm too stupid to see the benifit of this velocity thing. I agree we have to match the competition but I don't understand where it will put them at a disavantage. If everyone is just buying the company hype thats fine, hell their supposed to be smarter than us. :smilie_132:

So lets get this new begining off to a good start, no whinning, no crying, lets just get it done for a few days and get that freight moved....
We can cry in a few days after the bugs get worked out....right now weve gotta worry about the first impressions to our customers...Lets show them we can do a better job than fed ex

I can already see the problems tho, ie greivences filed and lots of boohooing the first couple of days...Just remember boys, GOTTA MAKE THIS WORK, or we will all be at con-way or some other :hide: ltl carrier.

Plenty of time in a few weeks to get the things sqaured away with the way things should be working per contract...

Excuse me for treading into your site but what is this Velocity your talking about?

I hate to break it to you brother wolf,but the nons are already doing it.Just look how Conway,Fedex,and now Overnite/UPS operate.In fact this is just a carbon copy of what YRC is going to do.I work for big R and as you know ours kicks off next week.Good luck to all and lets kick some ***!!

Just curious is this UE running 5or 6 days a week Sun-Thurs, Sun -Fri or Mon-Fri.
Guys saddling up and running tonite???

I work for REX also and we get turned loose next week. Freight p/u on friday is run that nite or held to sunday??? Or will it vary depending on the lane being run???

All of our (Indy) UEs are Sunday-Thurs. Any Next Day Freight that has been picked up on Friday can be run (our UEs run Cincinn; and next day northbound freight goes to Coldwater, Mi via Road Power; Question-- How is that NOT UE work, I still don't see) Sunday night and still delivered on time Monday....

Wolf, Yellow is betting their future on this thru paying for the Changes and the Restructuring. They say customers have told them "make it work, and we'll cover you with freight!". More customers , more freight to fill the trailers, saving money per mile thru the spread out revenue vs operating expense. Also, eventually, many see UEs easing out Yard Costs as they can drop and hook their own-- Road costs as they work cheaper than our Road Drivers, and Dock Hands, as they work their own freight. There are many, many issues to work out-- but UES and CDL Only Barns are our future. Like it or not, it's here-- Let's make it work!

Thanks Jimmy for clearing that up for me,
I work the city and already have seen new lanes of freight I been picking up. More freight means less layoffs, more customers & more revenue like you said.

Lets make it happen Captain

Would someone please explain to me why this is gonna save Yrc? And I'm not being a smart arse either I just don't see the whole picture. "IF" this is the Holy Grail to trucking the nons will copy us so fast that it will make our head spin, and we will be right back on the same footing. Maybe I'm too stupid to see the benifit of this velocity thing. I agree we have to match the competition but I don't understand where it will put them at a disavantage. If everyone is just buying the company hype thats fine, hell their supposed to be smarter than us. :smilie_132:
All the non have been doing this for a few years. I came from Con-Way and they have had their system in place for quite a while. Yrc is now getting with the program. This will only make us better in the long run.

Lets give boyscout some credit. He had this one figured out a long time ago! :1036316054:
http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/yellow-freight/31229-why-new-contract-works.html

Thanks all for the intelligent answers. I certainetly hope you guys are right. I understand we will speed up our system to match the nons which I agree must be done. I fear that it will still come down to price, so to be honest I'm not expecting much. I pray the company did their homework, know what their talking about, and wants it to work as much as we do. I also know if they get out of the way we can make it happen. :1036316054:

done deal

[/QUOTE

The time for argument is over. We have to make this work. If you are not with us ... then you may be against us ... leave now while you still can ... if not, get out of my way...

you can't live without us/we can't live without you

All the non have been doing this for a few years. I came from Con-Way and they have had their system in place for quite a while. Yrc is now getting with the program. This will only make us better in the long run.
Conway may have been doing this a long time, FEDEX was doing it alot longer ... thanks... but you need to remember who gets your payscale for you ... or are YOU still in denial?

didn't you read the letter crafty one?

Thanks all for the intelligent answers. I certainetly hope you guys are right. I understand we will speed up our system to match the nons which I agree must be done. I fear that it will still come down to price, so to be honest I'm not expecting much. I pray the company did their homework, know what their talking about, and wants it to work as much as we do. I also know if they get out of the way we can make it happen. :1036316054:
Mike Schmidt sent out a letter most recently...pricing is not the priority right now. customer base is... i thought yellow could be doing this priority thing for quite some time but who am i?

Mike Schmidt sent out a letter most recently...pricing is not the priority right now. customer base is... i thought yellow could be doing this priority thing for quite some time but who am i?
Just so there's no mistakes. I believe nothing from Smid or Zollars. In fact if they say something I will believe just the opposite. I flat out think they are too damn stupid to know what is needed in trucking. And in my oppinion if the board does not fire these idiots they will be the end of Yrc. Not the Union, not the economy, not fuel prices, the idiots at the top. Any questions on where I stand? :soapbox:

Conway may have been doing this a long time, FEDEX was doing it alot longer ... thanks... but you need to remember who gets your payscale for you ... or are YOU still in denial?
I am confused as to your statement, my Payscale? I am top rate at Yellow. What does that have to do with my statement?