Yellow | Velocity Begins Tonight

According to the COO, YOU are supposed to work while the laid off guy stays laid off. He is only supposed to take his place after recall.

I don't see a violation there vwaggs. He didn't say he was laid off-- he said he was on the Newly Developed extra board;his seniority placed him # five, with enough work for 4. That's morally wrong, perhaps, but within the contract and the COO. The laid off guy still sounds laid off. Sometimes bad things simply happen to good people. It happens. That's why I stayed here and didn't transfer-- at least I know where I stand, and didn't jump into unexpected Different shark-infested waters. Here, I can find other work if I have to......

U.E. and meet turns going smoothly at STL, according to both linehaul coordinators.

We are hearing rumbles of bids being cancelled because freight is slow coming out of Shreveport. Can anyone shed some light as to whether there is a problem there?

I don't know about how your company is doing in regards to freight to/from Shreveport but there tends to be a pretty good amount of freight going to/from.

They are on some major interstates East/West/South and now working on North bound interstate. The I-49 is finished to Louisiana state line and they are just have to bring it from Shreveport to the stateline, about 35 miles I think.

We are hearing rumbles of bids being cancelled because freight is slow coming out of Shreveport. Can anyone shed some light as to whether there is a problem there?

Word in ATL from some of the scouts that's went out there this week is...
No preparation at SVT...
No game plan...
Not enough people...
Small terminal and even smaller yard...
Whatever other negative descriptives you can think of, you can apply them to SVT as well...
Sounds like the deer is caught in the headlights out there...

Hey "little vatican on the prairie"... Way to go guys! Good plan!... If you can call a chinese fire drill being conducted by a portugese speaking eskimo "A GOOD PLAN"
:1036316054:... ATTABOY!...

I don't see a violation there vwaggs. He didn't say he was laid off-- he said he was on the Newly Developed extra board;his seniority placed him # five, with enough work for 4. That's morally wrong, perhaps, but within the contract and the COO. The laid off guy still sounds laid off. Sometimes bad things simply happen to good people. It happens. That's why I stayed here and didn't transfer-- at least I know where I stand, and didn't jump into unexpected Different shark-infested waters. Here, I can find other work if I have to......
The waters fine, JUMP, JUMP!

TAH effin' DAH...

Hell, we've never been able to get ATL dispatch to answer the phone when we get to our B point... They still won't answer the damn phone even though it's supposed to be a new day at YELLOW TRANSPORTATION with this "VELOCITY" crap... And here is why:
Right now ATL dispatch is short manpower. We're missing a coordinator on each shift. All we have is 2 dispatchers, each shift, handling all dispatch and coordinator duties for ATL area and all of Florida. They're overwhelmed and the powers that be apparently refuse to rectify the problem and break the log jam...

HEY! "little vatican on the prairie"... Are you listening? Are you reading this? If you are, give me a sign... Wiggle your nose, move a finger, blink your eyes... You're either asleep at the wheel or just plain dead... We're checking for a pulse and greasing the paddles now...

Let me assert a few things here for you folks in Overland Park...
It is more apparent daily that the people in charge of the operational side of this train wreck aren't exactly the "go to guys" that they claimed to be when you recruited them...
We've been subject to more grandstanding on these damn operational changes than one can stand...
Corridor, next day, velocity, yadda, yadda, yadda...
I have an idea for you. Instead of sitting around up there at the vatican dreaming up these cute adjectives and catch phrases for your next "service enhancement" or "transit time improvement", why don't you put together a game plan for some of these pipe dreams and then implement them in an orderly, organized and well thought out manner so as not to throw the whole system into a tailspin every time you attempt to implement one of these "enhancements"...

Learn how to operate the system that is already in place. Make your adjustments subtly and purposefully and stick with your game plan. When you perfect that, you've mastered your operation. Then you can add your enhancements and new business ventures to your well planned system in the same manner in which you operate it...

Analyse this KCGO... With an efficient operation in place and running like a greased cog, project the "synergies" realized on reducing your inventory of BC powder and rolaids... There's some damn "shareholder value" for ya...:1036316054:

We're doing fine on the

Drive'm like Stock Cars!!!

However we're missing out on the

Load'm like Boxcars!!!

Now if we could get that fixed, the only problems would be LACK OF MAINTAINANCE!!! Trying to get broken equipment fixed Intransit is time consuming and costly. It appears the equipment is going back and forth from Vendor Only terminals.

Disclaimer: Please don't anyone think we really are driving them like stock cars.

First of all, don't think the NON-union guys have it easy at night, things happen!

Second if all businesses would listen to the man/woman that is actually doing the labor, then things would go better!! Upper management do that crap on paper and think it's gotta go right, after all they taught us to do it this way in kolleege.

Third, I'd rather do the stock cars than bumper cars. Or at least some crash derby :smilie_132:

We're doing fine on the

Load'm like Boxcars!!!

Now if we could get that fixed, the only problems would be LACK OF MAINTAINANCE!!! Trying to get broken equipment fixed Intransit is time consuming and costly. It appears the equipment is going back and forth from Vendor Only terminals.

Disclaimer: Please don't anyone think we really are driving them like stock cars.

First of all, don't think the NON-union guys have it easy at night, things happen!

Second if all businesses would listen to the man/woman that is actually doing the labor, then things would go better!! Upper management do that crap on paper and think it's gotta go right, after all they taught us to do it this way in kolleege.

Third, I'd rather do the stock cars than bumper cars. Or at least some crash derby :smilie_132:

This isn't a non union thing, you're hanging in the Yellow forum, LOL.

I heard its a coordination thing at SVT. In the abscence of any true info to the contrary, I assume everyone is busting their tails thats involved. I know my new TM is at work when I get there, at work when I leave and coming in on the weekend. Short of putting a cot in the back room, I don't think its possible for him to work harder. I was looking for info on whats happening at SVT. Maybe we should send you in there as a troubleshooter!!!:hysterical:

I heard its a coordination thing at SVT. In the abscence of any true info to the contrary, I assume everyone is busting their tails thats involved. I know my new TM is at work when I get there, at work when I leave and coming in on the weekend. Short of putting a cot in the back room, I don't think its possible for him to work harder. I was looking for info on whats happening at SVT. Maybe we should send you in there as a troubleshooter!!!:hysterical:
I assume that you assume correctly about everyone busting their tails at SVT. But as I stated in my earlier rant, without preparation, a game plan or a proper compliment of manpower, they may as well be flapping their arms while they're running in circles (more amusing to watch)...

What's the thing look like at LIR? (besides the TM looking like a transient livin' in the bus station)...

We're doing fine on the

Load'm like Boxcars!!!

Man, damn... Don't even get me started on the maintenance thing with this bunch... I could crash this server with my thoughts on the maintenance debacle here...

But I will say this in defense of our shops... Many of our drivers are our own worst enemies... I can't count the number of times that I pre-trip a unit (especially tractors), find a whole list of safety problems and contract violations all the while holding in my hand the OD-199 from the previous driver marked "OK"... That happens nearly every damn trip...

I'm where??!!?? Dang, made a left when I shoulda made a right :hide: It's all YOUR fault that I'm here!! :biglaugh: Everyone can blame it on you!

I thought you were new management in LR? But then read driver, that tells ya how confused I stay :biglaugh:

I'm where??!!?? Dang, made a left when I shoulda made a right It's all YOUR fault that I'm here!! Everyone can blame it on you!

I thought you were new management in LR? But then read driver, that tells ya how confused I stay :biglaugh:
Management in Little Rock?? Your implying someone with a college education down yonder. :chairshot: What you thinking. :shrug: We already established nothing but Oxymorons round them parts. And one more thing, which way is "left" there. :hide:

I ain't fer sho'. After ol' Bill left here, I've been confused ev'ry since :hide::biglaugh:

Management in Little Rock?? Your implying someone with a college education down yonder. :chairshot: What you thinking. :shrug: We already established nothing but Oxymorons round them parts. And one more thing, which way is "left" there.

The joke around here....

They polled 100 middle age woman in Little Rock. They asked them if they'd sleep with Bill Clinton.

78% responded "Not Again!!!"
:hysterical: And what of the other 22%? They still desperate? :hide: Probably should'nt have asked but I can't leave vwaggs to face the wrath all by himself. :red_bandana:

VWAGGS, I'm hearing the same thing you're hearing ,that SVT is having problems getting the freight moved due to shortage of drivers. Here at STL we are covered in freight. I got in from STP tonight at 17:30 and one of our drivers at the bottom of board was going out. When the bottom can get out on a monday, were busy.