Central Transport | vitran needs OSHA INSPECTIONS

are the mechanics suppose to sign off on the copy you turn in after the repairs are completed? i've been here a long time and never had the paperwork signed by the mechanic.

Yes they do

are the mechanics suppose to sign off on the copy you turn in after the repairs are completed? i've been here a long time and never had the paperwork signed by the mechanic.

Under Federal Law they have to. who ever fixed it has to sign the say so :mad:

Have you contacted OSHA yourself Vijax? I would hope that you and every Vitran associate be proactive and take preventative measures where and when safety is involved. If you or another co-worker is injured seriously enough to miss work, then it is gauranteed that productivity will suffer. There will be missed pickups and/or deliveries because someone is filling in and running a route which they are not familiar with. I want to encourage every Vitran associate to immediately report ANY workplace hazard! If you think that it can cause injury to someone, it probably will! If you can fix it safely, then do so without hesitation! Please do not assume that "someone else" will fix it, and even more importantly, do not continue on with the assumption that "it's not my job". I will tell each of you, that as a Vitran associate, Safety is the responsibility to be borne by EVERYONE of us! Accidents don't just happen; they are CAUSED! Work safe/be safe. Keep your job!

And you never know what is fixed or not until you get back in the truck, I don't mean little things, bigger things like u-joints and brakes. No one here signs off on anything fixed as long as I have been here.

Have you contacted OSHA yourself Vijax? I would hope that you and every Vitran associate be proactive and take preventative measures where and when safety is involved. If you or another co-worker is injured seriously enough to miss work, then it is gauranteed that productivity will suffer. There will be missed pickups and/or deliveries because someone is filling in and running a route which they are not familiar with. I want to encourage every Vitran associate to immediately report ANY workplace hazard! If you think that it can cause injury to someone, it probably will! If you can fix it safely, then do so without hesitation! Please do not assume that "someone else" will fix it, and even more importantly, do not continue on with the assumption that "it's not my job". I will tell each of you, that as a Vitran associate, Safety is the responsibility to be borne by EVERYONE of us! Accidents don't just happen; they are CAUSED! Work safe/be safe. Keep your job!

i was hurt on the job. the tm didnt even care. took them 3 weeks to get the problem fixed

Considering OSHA, the second coming of Christ would be faster. If, like our place, a fork driver gets hit by a forklift and is off for a few months, should that not trigger an investigation automatically? Anyone else having problems on P&D with prohibited cargo? Class 1 with class 3, or chemicals with foodstuffs?

Class 1? Class 3? Prohibited cargo? I've been doing this for 26+ yrs. and most of the new drivers I've been running into wouldn't have the slightest idea what you are talking about. We have 7 or 8 dock/loaders at night at our place and I could almost guarantee that none of them have hazmat training other than the film they had to watch as a new hire. 455 lbs./flammable. a drum, right? Was the drum placarded? Well, I don't know. 99% of them don't know either. Just because you can pass a test and get the endorsement doesn't mean they remember it a day later.

Same with some drivers.......... just because you have a CDL doesn't mean you know how to drive!! most guys (and gals) are very good, but know I know why backing into a dock was not given during the pre employment road trip

thats funny cause i/we cant get a mechanic to sign anything. not even the outside vendors sign anything. we have to forge their names.

i do not forge names, they are the ones violating fmcsa rules, and by you signing, you would be to,, plus forging a federal document

and they can be indicted by the feds for falsifying documents, and if they sign off on a safety issue, and you have an accident (depends on your state law) you and them can be criminally charged. here in my state if you drive a commercial vehicle with defects and kill someone, even if it is not your fault, (they were drunk and ran a stop sign) you can still be charged with voluntary manslaughter and get 15 years, and them charged with party to manslaughter before the fact and get 5 to 7.

i have noticed that now we are getting every d.o.t. safety issue fixed right away. im guessing that has something to do with the new guy coming in and everyone else trying to make themselves look good so they dont get canned.

i have heard from a few Fed Ex boys at the docks that our new guy is in charge 100%, the way he did it at FE is coming here too, he will clean house a re do things the way he wants 'em because that is what he is employed to do, turn things around and make them right, he got a decent salary, but the bonus is where he made the bucks. i like a man who gets paid based on what he does, anything less and he would have not come here they say

I can attest to this thread. Was injured on the job and while sitting out the TM kept calling me at home wanting to know when I was coming back. Then when I did come back I was put on the worst delivery holes out there. Grocery warehouse's, fully loaded all break down ****. And dispatch would be calling after about 2 hours wanting to know how much longer I would be. Not to mention, quoting Vijax (vitran corp. tells the terminal managers to do whatever it takes to make the employee quit.) this also happened to me but they couldn't make me quit so they came up with new company rules as a way to get rid of me. So if your injured on the job due to no fault of your own, watch your backs, because they will eventually find a way.

Get a lawyer,,,,, depending on your state, and how it happened, you can go back on them for negligence if it was their fault, I do not like litigation,,,,, but,,, they screwed you, now screw them