TForce | Vote results

Pennsauken, NJ

40 voted

34 yah
6 nay

all in all, it is a good starting point...

in 5 years time we will be earning more than NMFA...and have the bargaining chip of Parcels contract ending at the same time....

It takes time to build a mature contract, and hopefully the money UPS saves on new hire wages will be returned to us in New/newer equipment

I personally don't believe half of those who post here deserve to be Teamsters. I don't believe half who post here, acknowledge what the Teamsters have accomplished for this industry. Union or non, it doesn't matter. The Teamsters are the sole reason why the non union crowd has enjoyed pay and benefit packages that are comparable to most skilled professions. Without their threat, trucking would have been payed minimum wages all these years. If you refuse to believe this fact, then you are who I am addressing this post to. I have been a non union truck driver my whole career. That being said, I feel I owe the Teamsters some pay back. They have been raising the bar for the non union companies for decades. Doing so, they had been negotiating better pay and bennies for all of us. By proxy, so to speak. So I am eternally grateful, and willing to except this contract. My hope is that our dues strengthen the union. My hope is that they organize some of the other, less than desirable, companies that compete with us. Thus leveling the playing field. Then we can negotiate that stellar contract we all want. And in 2013 when UPS is making money hand over fist, and the stock holders are elated that their investments have split and split again. Then, and only then, will it not only be the contract we WANT, but also, the contract we DESERVE. :1036316054: Call me crazy, but that is how I feel. Elvis out.....

OK! Let's don't get mushy... LOL!

Sacramento, Ca. 37 to 14 for teamsters...:smilie_132:

We lost Kaiser insurance is what made most real upset including me...

Skeeter did you still have a choice between HMO and PPO in Calif. We all know it's Blue Shield for the most part

Skeeter did you still have a choice between HMO and PPO in Calif. We all know it's Blue Shield for the most part

Slowride, All the information we got was it was going to be the UPS Health and Welfare Package Select. We lost Kaiser which has a lot of us pretty upset.

To tell you the truth I would of been pretty happy with everything except for that. We was also told that the teamsters are going to file charges against UPS for all the run changes they done to us while we were under negotiations. Wouldn't that be something if they had to put all those runs back like they was.
Also pay the drivers for the money they lost. We can keep our fingers crossed on that one.:1036316054: