TForce | Vote results

Your med info was tainted!, so how do we know, you know about when the contract takes effect?

Tainted?.....n. cause or result of that which is bad.

I thought you read the contract....PAGE 32, ARTICLE 26: WAGES....."effective the first pay period after ratification"....that is when you receive the raise.....so I would guess that the contract would have to kick in before that pay period.....right?.....KK..:funky:

Fresno Yes

Fresno Voted Sat 37 Yes And 1 No
Teamster Proud You Bet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tainted?.....n. cause or result of that which is bad.

I thought you read the contract....PAGE 32, ARTICLE 26: WAGES....."effective the first pay period after ratification"....that is when you receive the raise.....so I would guess that the contract would have to kick in before that pay period.....right?.....KK..:funky:

That is correct, for us in the north we ratified the contract 1 week ago, so our 1'st week with the new contract is this week, 4\7-4\11. so therefore our paycheck for 4\17 will reflect the OT after 8 or 40.

We were told to give them a week's buffer time, The hall mentioned to start looking for the OT on 4\06, but it should be in 4\17's paycheck.

Fresno Voted Sat 37 Yes And 1 No
Teamster Proud You Bet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now I can call you guy's the west coast thugs, and we are the east coast thugs. Right. or is it the left vs the right coast thugs.:biglaugh:

I personally don't believe half of those who post here deserve to be Teamsters. I don't believe half who post here, acknowledge what the Teamsters have accomplished for this industry. Union or non, it doesn't matter. The Teamsters are the sole reason why the non union crowd has enjoyed pay and benefit packages that are comparable to most skilled professions. Without their threat, trucking would have been payed minimum wages all these years. If you refuse to believe this fact, then you are who I am addressing this post to. I have been a non union truck driver my whole career. That being said, I feel I owe the Teamsters some pay back. They have been raising the bar for the non union companies for decades. Doing so, they had been negotiating better pay and bennies for all of us. By proxy, so to speak. So I am eternally grateful, and willing to except this contract. My hope is that our dues strengthen the union. My hope is that they organize some of the other, less than desirable, companies that compete with us. Thus leveling the playing field. Then we can negotiate that stellar contract we all want. And in 2013 when UPS is making money hand over fist, and the stock holders are elated that their investments have split and split again. Then, and only then, will it not only be the contract we WANT, but also, the contract we DESERVE. :1036316054: Call me crazy, but that is how I feel. Elvis out.....
Elvis, Welcome to the real world of truck driving. You have the right attitude and I think you will be pleasantly suprised when the smoke clears. I for one appreciate you appreciation of your fellow union drivers! Good luck to you brother!:1036316054:

I personally don't believe half of those who post here deserve to be Teamsters. I don't believe half who post here, acknowledge what the Teamsters have accomplished for this industry. Union or non, it doesn't matter. The Teamsters are the sole reason why the non union crowd has enjoyed pay and benefit packages that are comparable to most skilled professions. Without their threat, trucking would have been payed minimum wages all these years. If you refuse to believe this fact, then you are who I am addressing this post to. I have been a non union truck driver my whole career. That being said, I feel I owe the Teamsters some pay back. They have been raising the bar for the non union companies for decades. Doing so, they had been negotiating better pay and bennies for all of us. By proxy, so to speak. So I am eternally grateful, and willing to except this contract. My hope is that our dues strengthen the union. My hope is that they organize some of the other, less than desirable, companies that compete with us. Thus leveling the playing field. Then we can negotiate that stellar contract we all want. And in 2013 when UPS is making money hand over fist, and the stock holders are elated that their investments have split and split again. Then, and only then, will it not only be the contract we WANT, but also, the contract we DESERVE. :1036316054: Call me crazy, but that is how I feel. Elvis out.....

Couldn't have said it better myself! Thanks Elvis!

no, you have the choice of going into either the bluecross blue shield network or the aetna network.

I don't care what I have a choice of. All I know is we lost Kaiser. The rest is crap as far as I'm concerned next to Kaiser. Now I'll have to dig in my pocket like the rest of you.:hide:

I don't care what I have a choice of. All I know is we lost Kaiser. The rest is crap as far as I'm concerned next to Kaiser. Now I'll have to dig in my pocket like the rest of you.:hide:

Was Kaiser a HMO? Up here we had United Health, I feel your pocket pain.

Yes it is a big HMO in California and Oregon. But knowing UPS they probably saved a couple of pennies not taking it.

Same here. They thought it was wise to give us the Washingtons instead. I would have been happy with better H&W than cash.