XPO | VVP checks...

Extra $2000? Didn't see that... Hmmmm... might have to waterboard someone in the house...

Yeah, all line haul guys got an extra $2000.00. Except of course, unless you have ever spoken ill of the company in the past..then they won't give it to you.

gubmint got their nasty paws and took almost 1/3 of it...what a crock...

well trucker it is considered an unearned income! and it is taxed At 52% plus, not one third. You should have dumped most (or as much as you could have) into your 401k, then you would have keep most of your earning instead of giving it to the "gubmint" but that is economics 101 and not everyone understands that!

Last edited by a moderator:
where do you people come up with some of this stuff? it is based on your yearly wage... if you can just do the math and you can figure out what is was. but we all got them friday.

well trucker it is considered an unearned income! and it is taxed At 52% plus, not one third. You should have dumped most (or as much as you could have) into your 401k, then you would have keep most of your earning instead of giving it to the "gubmint" but that is economics 101 and not everyone understands that!
Have you not had any coffee today or just living up to your name?

It all works out in the end, when you file your taxes for the year.

If you cry babies don't want your check you can send them this way. Even after Uncle Sam took his 40% it's more then we've gotten in the recent years. If Conway is that bad there's a lot of other trucking companies out there. The grass is always greener on the other side. No I'm not a 'kool aid ' drinker. I'm just satisfied with my job. If I wasn't I sure wouldn't sit around b&$@%^ and bad mouthing the company. Do something to fix it or Go find a place where your happier. Life's too short.

well most of the time i can tolerate the whinning of the younger people that are in this industry. but today, I can not. sorry but i tell the truth

If you cry babies don't want your check you can send them this way. Even after Uncle Sam took his 40% it's more then we've gotten in the recent years. If Conway is that bad there's a lot of other trucking companies out there. The grass is always greener on the other side. No I'm not a 'kool aid ' drinker. I'm just satisfied with my job. If I wasn't I sure wouldn't sit around b&$@%^ and bad mouthing the company. Do something to fix it or Go find a place where your happier. Life's too short.

I don't think anybody is complaining on this thread. The rest of the threads , yes, but not this one.

not really trucker. it lowers your taxable income. you pay less taxes.. 'member? 101

We're talking about different things. I think you're referring to the 401K contributions.

I'm talking about the higher tax rates for the VPP. They take more now, but it works out in the end.

I understand some finance and 401's. I am a Finance minor. But i dont believe in 401 k's. Id rather keep my money in coffee cans. We see what happened to 401k's during the last economic crisis. No thanks!

We're talking about different things. I think you're referring to the 401K contributions.

I'm talking about the higher tax rates for the VPP. They take more now, but it works out in the end.

same thing higher tax rate on the check so you want to lower the rate and put most of it into your 401k. how much more simpler can i make it for you...

I understand some finance and 401's. I am a Finance minor. But i dont believe in 401 k's. Id rather keep my money in coffee cans. We see what happened to 401k's during the last economic crisis. No thanks!

well give it to the government then. I need to lower my taxable income. i do not owe nothing. so as soom as i am done enjoying myself here, i quit then put it the 401 into gold and enjoy life more than i am now.(if that is at all possible)

same thing higher tax rate on the check so you want to lower the rate and put most of it into your 401k. how much more simpler can i make it for you...

You can explain to why you keep bringing up the 401k, when I specifically told you I wasn't referring to it.

Any dumbazz know that he can shield his income from taxes by putting it into his 401K. You're not telling us anything new.

All I'm saying is, if you get an extra amount taken out for taxes now, it will work out when you file your taxes. That extra amount taken now will lower your tax burden later.

Understand now?