ODFL | Wage and Benefit Meeting

Fly where u going so I can tel u how easy that run is also driver,,,
Come on Billy, I have the powder puff run. Build a set, drop and hook at the meet and bring them home. But wait there’s more.......... I always run iron bout 5 months out of the year. I believe it was in April the last time that I chained. I’m looking forward to go farming full time soon.

You get a workout driver but then again you just visiting same locations that made for truck day in day out owned by thi company driver,, you see not much skill there but to be honest I’d be all over that,,, that’s gravy train work and you get exercise all that night driver,, don’t give it up
You’re right it may be the same locations but when you got about 15 switchers icoming at you at 30 miles an hour with high beans and you put the trailers away it’s not as easy as you think my friend but it is Great exercise not to mention the money and as an Old p/d guy It’s not easy on both sides of the coin

Ok, good luck you talking about OD they could care less about what you think, OD is a place where they do t pay you OT till after 60 and if you even get close as 55 hrs they make sure they send your ass home. So if you guys get 3% you would either take it or get another gig. That simple.
Don't forget all the time they steal from LH drivers while waiting ON BOTH ENDS for loads to be closed. If we were brought current on that alone, it would be a very nice check indeed.

I am from the camp that if 90% of the LTL industry was organized by the Teamsters we’d all be better off. On that note, all we are currently seeing is even after funding our own retirement savings and healthcare we are still netting more than the Teamster drivers are nowadays. Jimmy Hoffa Jr. has not impressed any of us. YRCW is owned by the taxpayers, and ABF doesn’t pay enough to make a jump. UPS PARCEL blows us all out of the water. We get it. UPS FREIGHT is TFI now, so who knows what will happen there. If XPO gets more terminals organized and FedEx Freight keeps poking the bear (ticking off employees) and they start a union push, we might all see the tide turn. I personally think being non-union at O.D. is currently better than being Union at Yellow now.
No OD is not better than Yellow! My insurance is 100 percent paid ! The best money can buy ! Overtime over 8 hours not 60 lmao ! You go out over 12 weeks with a surgery they will fire your ass ! I could go on and on !

No OD is not better than Yellow! My insurance is 100 percent paid ! The best money can buy ! Overtime over 8 hours not 60 lmao ! You go out over 12 weeks with a surgery they will fire your ass ! I could go on and on !
I’m not really sure about all the details what job is better than the other who knows OD in so many ways it’s a great job i’ve been happy for many years and disappointing for a few however but I do know for a fact that if you miss more than 12 weeks due to disability that you paid for by the way politics comes in the play if they let you come back and keep your job and that should not be that way my friend This company is ran sometimes all over the map depends on who’s in charge and how the wind blows that day

I’m not really sure about all the details what job is better than the other who knows OD in so many ways it’s a great job i’ve been happy for many years and disappointing for a few however but I do know for a fact that if you miss more than 12 weeks due to disability that you paid for by the way politics comes in the play if they let you come back and keep your job and that should not be that way my friend This company is ran sometimes all over the map depends on who’s in charge and how the wind blows that day
I kno the long term disability is a joke to pay for. They told me if I made it to long term when I injured my leg they would let me go. I had an injury that required 5 month minimum recovery and OD said if I couldn't get back before 12 weeks I was gone, even though I've paid 9 years of LTD.

Last edited:
as much as they manage it at my terminal, it'll never happen. We'll work 48 a week and that's it unfortunately. 1.10 was a good raise, but it screwed us with the 50 hours of overtime in the long run
Company making record profits, most recent quarter was most profitable in company’s history. Spending 2 billion cash on stock buybacks. Inflation at 5.0%.
$1.10/hr = 3.48% raise, driver falling behind