ODFL | Wage and Benefit Meeting

Company got no issue keeping us under 50 out west,, but we get that ot after 40 in Washington state homeboy you hear but they never keep on us near 40 maybe in winter but you know not much times

I am from the camp that if 90% of the LTL industry was organized by the Teamsters we’d all be better off. On that note, all we are currently seeing is even after funding our own retirement savings and healthcare we are still netting more than the Teamster drivers are nowadays. Jimmy Hoffa Jr. has not impressed any of us. YRCW is owned by the taxpayers, and ABF doesn’t pay enough to make a jump. UPS PARCEL blows us all out of the water. We get it. UPS FREIGHT is TFI now, so who knows what will happen there. If XPO gets more terminals organized and FedEx Freight keeps poking the bear (ticking off employees) and they start a union push, we might all see the tide turn. I personally think being non-union at O.D. is currently better than being Union at Yellow now.
Your are and at will employee.They can terminate you for any reason whatsoever.With out even telling you.!!!No job security .No guaranteed raises.No OT Co pay on Health insurance.No pension Plan .Oh boy now that’s a good Job.

Company got no issue keeping us under 50 out west,, but we get that ot after 40 in Washington state homeboy you hear but they never keep on us near 40 maybe in winter but you know not much times
There are linehaul driver is on the East Coast that run on the clock I wonder if the time and a half applies to them if it does they will make bank

There are linehaul driver is on the East Coast that run on the clock I wonder if the time and a half applies to them if it does they will make bank
Yea buddy,, summers when no one want to work they run me over 60 hrs ot after 40 wa state in that hoopie truck you see I makin big money some line driver not even touch me

Yea buddy,, summers when no one want to work they run me over 60 hrs ot after 40 wa state in that hoopie truck you see I makin big money some line driver not even touch me
Well I got a feeling everybody who’s on the clock now specially the East Coast will not get OT and less it’s a rare Exception with a good explanation from local management just my thought There’s always ways of doing things now I think managements going to have to actually be accountable to all the extra hours that some people get when it’s not called for

Your are and at will employee.They can terminate you for any reason whatsoever.With out even telling you.!!!No job security .No guaranteed raises.No OT Co pay on Health insurance.No pension Plan .Oh boy now that’s a good Job.
They cut me loose cuz of c-19, didn’t have to, they just panicked. Brought me back as a brand new employee, no seniority, vacation, 401k profit sharing etc. Was never told of this before rehire. Now a joke of a raise. I’m looking elsewhere

Okay re read my post, I said on a 50 hour week.
Here you go.
31.5 on 50 is 1575.
34.5 on 50 with OT after 40 1897.50

=322.50

322.50 divided by 1575.00 is .204 or 20.4% raise.
Now let’s check our math 1575.00 times .204 is 321.30 I left off a few numbers past .204 so it is not exact.

Ain’t gonna happen Buckwheat.
They will limit OT, you’ll get some OT while they have the influx of freight and limited staffing but they’ll cut hours when things level out. They’ll end up limiting hourly employees to less than 50 hours to control cost and spread hours out. ConWay did the same thing. You’d get in trouble if you got over 48 hours and didn’t tell a supervisor. OT had to be approved.

Just a publicity stunt to attract new drivers, cycle the older senior guys out bring the new guys in at lower wages pay less for vacations and PTO, new ads will read soon “Sign on Bonus plus Overtime” come work for our family

as much as they manage it at my terminal, it'll never happen. We'll work 48 a week and that's it unfortunately. 1.10 was a good raise, but it screwed us with the 50 hours of overtime in the long run
1.10 was a good raise? Hmmm! 72.6% operating ratio and cost of living way up and inflation through the roof! I beg to differ! Could of done better on that raise, not asking for park avenue but dang! Walmart door greeters went up 4.00 an hour since COVID! At least keep up with inflation rate!

1.10 was a good raise? Hmmm! 72.6% operating ratio and cost of living way up and inflation through the roof! I beg to differ! Could of done better on that raise, not asking for park avenue but dang! Walmart door greeters went up 4.00 an hour since ThaRona! At least keep up with inflation rate!
In the past OD raises have been about equal to inflation. Why now, in light of record profits, did OD break with precedent and give us less? This is a serious problem and a terrible message to send employees, and judging by the negative feedback I’m hearing, employees are receiving that message loud and clear.