FedEx Freight | Watkins Name Change?

As long as you're not in management you shouldn't have a problem. FedEX can't move all of our frieght or equipment without drivers. Maybe I'll be making that big money soon. LOL!!

stop the rumors....FedEx Freight nor DHL are buying Watkins at this point. Maybe DHL/Deutsch Post in the future, but certainly not FDX. what are you buyiong w/ Watkins a carrier that does $1,090,500,000 annually with a 96.1 O/R that focuses on electronics in the long haul market....1500 mile LOH. Not exactly a growing market

Fedex Freight already has the terminal locations of a national carrier, and is taking share every quarter .....why buy them

lets call Chip in Lakeland and see if he will expound.

Watkins is private...they don't need to comment on any rumors...just sit back and laugh.

deals like this are not done for the public to find out. many involved sign non disclosure agreements. when FDX bought Caliper..no one knew, When FDX bought AFWY..no one knew. I highly doubt that Fred Smith is asking/telling drivers they plan to buy Watkins...because we are the last to know.

REX I'll pass on the GED...just start name dropping like you and then I'll have a RED.
That's Rex Equivalency Diploma in case in goes over your head. All I'm saying is don't start talking out of your a**and spouting numbers and telling people to "stop the rumors because nothing is happening". If you knew anything, you would know something was happening otherwise their wouldn't be so much activity going on right now. Glad I could Underwhelm you.

Gentlemen lets all calm down and have some respect for each other. This has all been hashed out here before so don't get too excited about rumors.
Forum Rules (Strictly Enforced)

1)Do Treat people with respect.

Name dropping has nothing to do with it. I worked w/ Chip on SMC and ATA councils for years. and as I said, lonely CDLs in Texas are the last to know of deals like this, That's why it is a rumor. SPOUTING NUMBERS...US DOT reports are public information.

Rex,
I agree with most of your points. Probably just a rumor like most. why would fedex buy WML. not too likely.we shall see what happens.

Hey Fedkins, you need to relax. Let work with facts.

ohcfer-
if you take a closer look at FDX, Over the past 10 years, FDX's average PEG is 1.88. FDX earned $5.72 per share
in its recent 4 quarters. The analyst consensus estimate is $6.47 for its 4 quarter
forward EPS. FDX's current sales per share is 1.12. The is based on multiplying the historical PEG with recent 4 quarter EPS and the forecasted EPS growth rate over the next 4 quarters for FDX. FDX has the cash for acquisitioj of this size however, it would not be accretative for several qtrs. Not the FDX style.

Sorry for all of the controversy. It's gotten way off topic anyways. The thread was just meant for name guesses. Not debate over whether it will happen or not. And don't knock lonely CDL drivers, if not for them none of us would have a job.

At the moment, FXF doesn't have a current interest in OD. They're mainly looking to start a large scaled lease operation on the freight corridor of things. Watkins is a starting point and then the rest will follow to become a 90% lease fleet and those who resist will be kicked to the curb. Things are going to be interesting this summer when it all begins. Wonder if we'll have lease programs on the trucks we're currently driving?? Than Ground division seems to be doing well, so I'm sure we'll all be fine leasing.

From what Ive read, not all is well with the IC's. Some, who own several routes paying slave wages to someone to run them, there happy. Probably even there shiney wheels(rising gas prices might've changed it). But I believe the majority of them are fedup. Hence the lawsuits. Also, talked to too many who were "getting out" once there contract was up.
As far as a watkins name(staying on topic), how bout FedEx Freight Freight:biglaugh:

FDX need's CANADIAN authority i still say were going too buy somebody in CANADA i don't know who and i'm not going to start rumor's.

If we are all going to be lease drivers then we might as well be teamsters too.