FedEx Freight | Watkins Name Change?

That is the meeting that I was not all there at Princess .
''I said what ?''
They said get in your truck Smokestack and get out of here.

june is just around the corner,they need some reason for the crappy raise we are gonna get.sorry guys just purchased watkins no cash left,and buy the way insurance is going up again,and the benifits are coming down.

I heard the Chief Operating Officer for FEDEX was at Lakeland, Fl headquarters for a meeting at Watkins today...

The suspense is driving me CRAZY

Pompano said:
Told ya so.:tribehasspoken:

Originally Posted by Pompano
Just to I heard last night that there will be an announcement may 12 regarding wml.

Ok OK I know it's the 12th. I have heard two dates the 12th and the 15th. So lets see what happens.:duh:

Pompano said:
Originally Posted by Pompano
Just to I heard last night that there will be an announcement may 12 regarding wml.

Ok OK I know it's the 12th. I have heard two dates the 12th and the 15th. So lets see what happens.:duh:
And then on the 15th.................what :duh: ?

princess said:
I heard the Chief Operating Officer for FEDEX was at Lakeland, Fl headquarters for a meeting at Watkins today...

The suspense is driving me CRAZY
And whom would that be? Specifically.

perspective of watkins supervisor...

Well, the latest I have heard is this:

A meeting is going to take place at 4 PM this afternoon in Lakeland. All division managers and big shots have been told to attend, they are being flown in for a four hour meeting and immediately booked back out on a flight. That appears to be pretty much on pace with what everyone else has heard.

Secondly a human resources person here as heard from other management and terminal managers in the chicagoland area that memo's are circulating about tonights watkins meeting and that a decision is to be made today and publicly announced on monday.

Basically, I see two likely options happening.

!-- Watkins to go public and look to purchase a smaller competitor or two.
or

2--Watkins to sell, most likely to fedex. If this does happen, there is so much legal jumble that the actual tranisition of what not would take a while.
A rumor did say that fedex would then use watkins' terminals for a certain aspect of their freight system.

Well, we'll shall see..........

bigwavemilw,
Welcome to Truckingboards. No matter what happens, nobody can say that the wonderful world of LTL isn't always interesting with all of the buyouts and rumors.

thanks stldude

thanks for the welcome...

i have spent time at ccx, usf holland, and now watkins..i can honestly say so far, that watkins has been the best enviorment...hopefully it continues with all the possible changes

ccx was a joke..i could never ever see myself working for them (as a part of managment).

holland was nice but the union bull crap along with the clash between management bullcrap vs union was just sad.

Fedex & Watkins

I am not a driver - but work at WML Corporate - things are really tense and it is driving everyone crazy. Reading your comments makes it seems even more probable and it would have been better if it had been DHL

Twobogquarters said:
I am not a driver - but work at WML Corporate - things are really tense and it is driving everyone crazy. Reading your comments makes it seems even more probable and it would have been better if it had been DHL

How would it have been better if it was DHL? Aren't they still losing money?

Twobogquarters said:

You have good observatory skills 2 bogquarters, DHL was losing money in the US market but will turn that around. Those guyz have more $$$$ than you can shake a stick at and that is with UPS & FedEx combined $$$$ wise.

They will be buying someone in the future and if noticed they don't have a LTL market and they need it to complete their portfolio here in the states.

MR.Viking said:
How would it have been better if it was DHL? Aren't they still losing money?
DHL would leave the watkins home office intact.I can't imagine a third home office! Harrison broke ground on a 95,000 sq ft expansion a month or two ago.

FXCITY said:
DHL would leave the watkins home office intact.I can't imagine a third home office! Harrison broke ground on a 95,000 sq ft expansion a month or two ago.

Harrison's expansion was to allow for the addition of Fedex Systems.

screwy louiey said:
You have good observatory skills 2 bogquarters, DHL was losing money in the US market but will turn that around. Those guyz have more $$$$ than you can shake a stick at and that is with UPS & FedEx combined $$$$ wise.

They will be buying someone in the future and if noticed they don't have a LTL market and they need it to complete their portfolio here in the states.

DHL, does have deep pockets!! But they are still losing $$$,$$$,$$$. I'm not saying they can't turn it around but at the moment their infrastructure is still inferior to that of UPS and FEDEX. If it were my company losing millions and they tried to aquire another company, I would be pissed! They need to take care of the bleeding first!

I know too many people who worked for DHL and quit...They are very disorganized and the pay and benifits are way below FedEx...

If FedEx buys Watkins, the employees of Watkins will be just fine...

Also, I do not think FedEx has closed ANY corporate offices of companies they have bought...FedEX is growing and the corporate offices just grow right along with all the rest of the operations..

Hang in there...